Cedar Point 2013

Makes me wonder why they would have to mess with the water and poop lines if they're putting in a roller coaster? Unless they plan to take out the bathrooms over in that area and move it to another spot.

^Just because the park marks them doesn't mean they will be messed with. The lines are usually marked to prevent damage from construction workers.

Plus, any kind of project could call for those lines or any other utility to be moved out of the way and redirected for whatever project is being built. Something as simple as a new Games Stand could mean a sewer line needs to be routed differently because the stand is being built right where the pipes lay.

Shawn Meyer said:
Makes me wonder why they would have to mess with the water and poop lines if they're putting in a roller coaster?

Because the last thing you want to do is halt construction to clean up the mess from a broken sewer line.

Especially if you are starting construction before the park closes for the year.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I installed fence posts a few years back, and even something as trivial as that requires getting utilities marked.

Brandon

Seems the cedar point twitter has indicated they are moving a webcam. Currently there is no valid stream coming from the live cam. Maybe it will be pointed towards SS and DT.

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

I think the live cam is haveing issues, a few of us reported yesterday that it was down in the evening but came back lastnight. If any webcam is being moved its probally the construction cam that was pointed at Luminosity.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

they made the maverick bridge cam live. hopefully the pinks cam will be aimed towards new construction.

Last edited by djcarl,

I can definitely see them pointing the camera towards DT, but I think it is just too early to point it there until something is actually going on.. If you point it over there now, you aren't going to see anything but an ugly building.

I would like to see them put one facing windseeker and ggiant wheel.

^I agree, that would show some great views of the new lights at night

Outside of this community, I don't think many will want to see a building being torn down so I wouldn't be surprised if the park ignores DT removal, especially if it takes place while the season is still going on. If a construction cam goes up, it will probably wont be until vertical construction starts.

Anybody been to the park today? Looks like they blocked off the front left part of the parking lot completely. Are they starting to move equipment in place?

Usually they block it off for the fireworks show

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Ahh ok.

This is kind of random, but is anyone else missing Tony this year, with the announcement and all? For the past few ride announcements, I remember Tony making the entire build up extra exciting with hints and blogs etc.

Looking forward to the official reveal and all, but this year it just doesn't seem as much fun.

Fav Coaster credits of 2012 season...

The Voyage, Leviathan, Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, The Legend, Flight of Fear

Heres that potential footprint I mocked up. If this is the case... then this coaster is going to be Huge! The footprint looks to be 3/4th the size of magnums

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/cpaltwinged.jpg

$25 million sounds like a lot of capital. This isn't just a coaster....right?

I believe the new interactive Justice League dark ride at WB Movie World is only budgeted at $9 million (a comparison for those who think dark rides are a waste of money).

For something that deserves all the extra build up (this project of course), it just seems to be brushed under the rug as of now.

The past few projects deserved hype, but not as extreme as it was, in my opinion!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

The $25 million could very well be only a new coaster. It said that the money is for removal of Space Spiral and Disaster Transport. Wild Eagle cost $22 million, and X-Flight cost $13 million, so if this coaster is going to be, on the Cedar Point drug as I say, meaning taller, faster, longer and overall better, it is going to coast more money.

CedarPointTaylor said:
^ Yeah, do they really need THREE car rides in the park. They could remove one and make room for more family rides. (You've got to admit, they need some family rides, Families spend the most money at a park)

See my first post on page 51. Many rides over the years are removed for similar/ duplicate rides. Frontier Sky lift gone for current one. Demon Drop gone for Power tower, Space spiral for Windseeker, 2/3 adult dodgems to keep one. etc. etc. Cadillac Cars probably will be also. Anyhow....
Just got back from 105+temperatures of Tennessee and all of the billboards in Pigeon Forge, Tn (by Dollywood) are hyping the Wild Eagle. See link below. I won't go on it until I go on CP's first. Just my loyalty, sorry, and I dont' want any preconceived ideas either.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii572/CPpixx/100_1388.jpg

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii572/CPpixx/100_1267.jpg

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service