Cedar Point 2013

Who knows, this new winged coaster could even use a similar design to what Raptor could have been long ago. Im sure it could be a possibility.

This might not be a 2012 addition at all, but I was thinking if Cedar Point ever wanted to bring in a modern day Wildcat, they could always incorporate it in the area where the Turnpike cars are right now. I would also not mind seeing them use the area where the Employee dorms are right now behind Luminosity Bleachers.

^Same with me too. Plus there are three car ride things in the park. I wouldn't even mind seeing cadillac cars removed too. I really don't think the park needs 3 versions of basically the same ride. Just get rid of the other two which are pretty much right next to each other and leave Antique cars. Then add one or several new attractions in the newly available location.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

^ Yeah, do they really need THREE car rides in the park. They could remove one and make room for more family rides. (You've got to admit, they need some family rides, Families spend the most money at a park)

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Who knows, this new winged coaster could even use a similar design to what Raptor could have been long ago. Im sure it could be a possibility.

What do you mean by this, exactly? Raptor was fairly innovative for its time.

Promoter of fog.

If any car ride were to go, I would vote for the frontier town ones. Sure they are popular, but most of the trees that made the ride look great have been cut down, and that is a pretty decent sized piece of land to work with.

I can also see something going where Thunder Canyon is. I know it is a pretty popular ride on hot days, but all those markings we saw that one year just make me think that they have something planned. I know markings do t always mean new rides, but it's just my thought.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Mine Ride being removed. It is a very large piece of land and the ride, in my opinion, is just very outdated. It also doesn't really seem to have a mine theme to it at all other than the trains you sit in.

As for this new winged coaster that we are getting, I love the idea of it. I am just really hoping that they dont just leave you flying over the parking lot. I hope they just completely remove a part of the lot and plant grass or something. I have never been on a wing coaster before, but I was talking with one of my friends who had been on both wild eagle and x flight. He said that wild eagle gave you the overall better ride, but the fact that x flight had theming that gave you those near misses to objects made the ride much more exciting than wild eagle. So hopefully CP can combine wild eagles layout with some cool theming that gives you those near misses. If not, oh well. I am just happy we are getting a new coaster next year!

13 days till coastermania, so hopefully they could announce it then. After all, they did say that "next year, at this time (coastermania) John will have a surprise for you." :)

^Kevin, I mean that CP could have had multiple designs to raptor. With those designs, they could incorporate some of the elements that they may have wanted to use on raptor but weren't able to for who knows what reasons. Maybe there was an unheard of element that they would like to have used but it just wasn't possible with the raptor design. Now that technology has gotten better, maybe they are able to use that unheard of element on the wing coaster. Im not saying it will happen, I only brought it up because on the previous page we were talking about what happens to te unused designs of the coasters.

so a couple of things I've noticed...
1. large tarp covered objects inside gemini’s structure.
2. New green arrows near ss and dt
3. new blue arrows near ss and

Does anyone know what is covered up in the center of Gemini. I've ridden it ten times thus far and just noticed the tarps. Also, what do the colored arrows mean?

Last edited by inversionsarebetter,

Those tarps are probably covering lumber. They keep a large supply of it in there every year.

yeah that makes sense just never noticed it before

Those arrows must be new, I was there Thurs and didn't see them.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

yeah if you look over by the exit of dt u can see both

TwistedWicker77 said:
I don't know how much I believe this, considering the Cedar Point (Kinzel)/B&M dispute that was going on at this time.

You're kidding, right?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

TwistedWicker77 said:
I don't know how much I believe this, considering the Cedar Point (Kinzel)/B&M dispute that was going on at this time.

Why do you (and other people) think there was a dispute? Many Cedar Fair parks have gotten B&M coasters since Talon (2001). There was a five year gap, but Cedar Fair wasn't going crazy with building roller coasters then.

In my opinion, until B&Ms new "Wingrider" design, everything B&M built has been force less, boring, and not unique.

Last edited by coolkid,

^I was thinking the same thing. He doesn't believe in this proposed B&M but he does believe there was a B&M dispute. Between the two, the proposed coaster seems more plausible to me.

I just hope the wing rider will be smoother than raptor. Raptor gives you a head banging some times.

Wild Eagle was glass smooth and I've read that the others are as well.

inversionsarebetter said:
Also, what do the colored arrows mean?

Green is septic and sewer, blue is water.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Wait, I thought violets were blue.

Let me see. Hmmm. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet...

Yep. Violets. Blue.

;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Survey is red, water is blue, septic is green because it's filled with poo. I'm a regular Shakespeare. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Awesome!

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service