Cedar Point 2013

I think they leaked it on purpose to get us all excited.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

That is not the case.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Do you really think that most of the gp have any idea that anything is going on right now?

djDaemon said:
How do you know they won't? The only reason we know what they're getting next year is due to an unplanned leak. For all we know, they may have an elaborate marketing plan for the new coaster that has yet to launch.

But I don't believe they had one for Maverick did they?

thepoint4life23 said:
ANy thing really some flags a truck.

What?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

SSL488 said:
But I don't believe they had one for Maverick did they?

I don't recall whether or not they had an actual countdown clock on their website, but I do believe that they announced the ride announcement ahead of time.

Brandon

CedarPointTaylor said:
Okay, I was surfing through Cedar Point videos on youtube and found this . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmR9CFtD-OA&feature=related

From 1:51 to 2:07, it shows designs of different coasters for Cedar Point. Some coaster designs I see are ZacSpins and some of the designs could be the wing coaster layout like at 1:53 and 1:54.

I found this interesting and felt like I should share it with you guys.

I was reading through the Cedar Point forum on TPR and noticed the other day someone posted this link. Then someone responded to it and said it was an actual proposed coaster that was to be built, but got scrapped. This person also claimed it would have been a B&M and would have gone over the Soak City parking lot and back to the campground. He also said that the main reason the ride was scrapped was due to the fact that part of the SC parking lot would get removed as well as an entire circle of the campground. It was also claimed to have been another Intimidator-themed coaster. Who knows how reliable this information is but I found it really interesting.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Ride On_17 said:

CedarPointTaylor said:
Okay, I was surfing through Cedar Point videos on youtube and found this . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmR9CFtD-OA&feature=related

From 1:51 to 2:07, it shows designs of different coasters for Cedar Point. Some coaster designs I see are ZacSpins and some of the designs could be the wing coaster layout like at 1:53 and 1:54.

I found this interesting and felt like I should share it with you guys.

I was reading through the Cedar Point forum on TPR and noticed the other day someone posted this link. Then someone responded to it and said it was an actual proposed coaster that was to be built, but got scrapped. This person also claimed it would have been a B&M and would have gone over the Soak City parking lot and back to the campground. He also said that the main reason the ride was scrapped was due to the fact that part of the SC parking lot would get removed as well as an entire circle of the campground. It was also claimed to have been another Intimidator-themed coaster. Who knows how reliable this information I but found it really interesting.

I read that as well. The guy also seemed to take offense when someone questioned his knowledge.

^He has been right about many things in the past. He is semi-reliable in my book. But, yeah, that would have been interesting if a coaster of that size would of been placed near the Magnum area.

I'm pretttty certain that the concept was for what Maverick eventually became...

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

^Yeah, I would say Maverick won out of all the concepts put out.

I love Maverick and am happy with the decision to build it, but I would really like to be able to see the stats/entire layout of this and all other previously proposed rides. I've always wanted to knows concepts that got beaten out by some of the existing coasters. Also, I think a future coaster could use the land this proposed coaster was supposed to have. Yes some of the campground and the SC parking lot would have to be taken out but without having to remove any other ride in its place this would be a perfect layout.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum

Maybe they don't show us the other ideas because they could be used at some of the other Cedar Fair parks. Just because Cedar Point decided to go with Maverick's model, doesn't mean that their unused models are going to be tossed away. This is just my opinion, but to me, it feels like Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion is a combination of Maverick and Millennium. Maybe Cedar Fair thought it would be a cool idea to mix the two rides together. You get a high speed ride with some air time, quick, sharp turns, and one hell of first drop.

^Yeah, people always say Maverick and Millennium had a baby.

^ Clearly it got it's Mother's color and it's father's height. :)

Blimst said:
^Yeah, people always say Maverick and Millennium had a baby.

I heard that one of the names on the list was Millennium Horse ;)

But i305 has yellow supports...

Millennium Force was cheating on Maverick with Top Thrill Dragster!

^O^

I guess that's what the coasters do during the offseason in the storage sheds...;)

Last edited by CedarPointTaylor,

I guess that's what the coasters do during the offseason in the storage sheds...;)

Perhaps they also store the Snoopy Bounce in that same shed :)

I am laughing so hard right now! Anyway, I never thought about CF using unused designs at other parks. It seems pretty logical though and I have always considered I305 to be a combo of Mav and Millennium.

thrillsawait.weebly.com

Ride On_17 said:
I was reading through the Cedar Point forum on TPR and noticed the other day someone posted this link. Then someone responded to it and said it was an actual proposed coaster that was to be built, but got scrapped. This person also claimed it would have been a B&M and would have gone over the Soak City parking lot and back to the campground. He also said that the main reason the ride was scrapped was due to the fact that part of the SC parking lot would get removed as well as an entire circle of the campground. It was also claimed to have been another Intimidator-themed coaster. Who knows how reliable this information is but I found it really interesting.

I don't know how much I believe this, considering the Cedar Point (Kinzel)/B&M dispute that was going on at this time.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service