Cedar Point 2013

They should make it an olympic-themed ride but then enclose it in a few years and call it Dispatch Master Transport II: The Return to Alaska

Black Track, Yellow and Black bumble bee striped trains---call it Po!ntBuzz

This may sound odd to some of you, but if I recall correctly, the project is codenamed "Alt. Winged" we are all speculating a wing coaster. Is it possible that we are all wrong, and that this could be something else, say a prototype 4th dimension coaster?

I'm thinking the ride should pay homage to Kinzel.

They could name it Kinzel's Krazy Karnage!!

For short, It could be called k.k....oh, wait.

samosuband said:
This may sound odd to some of you, but if I recall correctly, the project is codenamed "Alt. Winged" we are all speculating a wing coaster. Is it possible that we are all wrong, and that this could be something else, say a prototype 4th dimension coaster?

There is some logic there... I've been hoping this will turn into a 4th dimension. I've been wondering what the "Alt" part meant too.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I think any theme this coaster may have will not be anything to do with it being on the beach. It seems like they really want to make a front gate statement with this ride so colors and theme will be designed to make the front look good.

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Do you think they will use the Cedar Point logo color scheme for the ride? That wouldn't be bad but we do not need another red track

Well Cedar Point's color are blue and lime green.

Right, so stick with that. Blue supports and green track? Not bad

Maybe "Alt." has to do with the name like something called Altitiude.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Altitude would be a cool name for a coaster in almost any other park, but next to 300+ and 400+ foot coasters I dont see it happening.

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

^ Agreed.

Yes its most likely will be a winged coaster... but you have to remember that this info is based off of a leaked document and its coming from the media. Have you have ever played telephone? Theres a lot of things about this coaster that could be misconstrued.

First... the document itself... "alt" could certainly mean "alternative". The document leaked to the press could have been one potential plan or layout of 2 or 3. For all we know it could be one that never made it. There could easily be other designs/plans as im sure cedar point weighs multiple thorough, thought through options before making a descision.

Second, the media arent coaster experts or enthusiasts, the "winged" coaster they looked at or read about could easily be a b&m flyer, 4d, or wingrider. As they all have similiar concepts or designs and could easily be confused in writing or to the untrained eye.

Thirdly... theres disparity between height and drop... example: wild eagle. Are we getting a 170ft height or 170ft drop, if its the longest and tallest of its kind (if it is a wingrider), it will need tobe over 200ft.

Right now there is so much we dont know... and it sucks... because i remember on maverick.. we at least had a defined area and a footer or two.. ppl made some nice potential layouts and some were pretty close

NextGen89 said:
Second, the media arent coaster experts or enthusiasts, the "winged" coaster they looked at or read about could easily be a b&m flyer, 4d, or wingrider. As they all have similiar concepts or designs and could easily be confused in writing or to the untrained eye.

The memo specifically states that Rob Decker was in contact with personnel at Gardaland (where B&M's first winged coaster was installed) about the B&M wing rider coaster's downtime.

Brandon

Good point... just playing devils advocate

But to play the part again... im sure they do their research on all potential ride types

Btw...

I was just looking at the proposed footprint of the ride... and its HUGE! This could be one mammoth coaster. If it takes up DT's footprint, utilizes Demon drops spot, makes it to the front gate and back over a small piece of parking lot... thats a length almost in magnum territory.

When i get home ill make a cut out to scale of the area and compare it to the other coasters.

Last edited by NextGen89,

I think Ocean Motion will stay in the Demon Drop site. They put a lot of work into moving it and it's in a good location now.

I just can't wait any longer for an official announcement! It's driving me crazy.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Well Coastermania is less than a month away. Won't we know then?

I hope! The suspense is killing me!

Okay, I was surfing through Cedar Point videos on youtube and found this . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmR9CFtD-OA&feature=related

From 1:51 to 2:07, it shows designs of different coasters for Cedar Point. Some coaster designs I see are ZacSpins and some of the designs could be the wing coaster layout like at 1:53 and 1:54.

I found this interesting and felt like I should share it with you guys.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service