Cedar Point 2013

If we were going to name this proposed coaster after a Lake Erie fish it would have to be the walleye. Just Sayin ;) I would personally hope for something with a bit more swagger.

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

Stingray sounds good. That's the best name I've heard so far.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

^^ Thanks :)

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Wouldn't it be cool if it had stingray themed trains with the stinger at the end and wings on the side of each car.

Stingray idea sounds cool but it seems to be a better fit for Sea World.

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

^ Your right. Cedar Point should do a lake theme if they want to do a water animal themed coaster.

I do like the idea of Stingray. I was also thinking something along the lines of Great White? Maybe shark themed... or any other type of shark. basically anything that has to do with an ocean/beach/lake theme.

surfrider is too similar to Wicked Twister

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Great White is the name of coaster at SeaWorld San Antonio actually. I just think Stingray would fit well with being on the lake and the "wing" experience. A dark and light blue color scheme with that would look nice too. *Hint Hint Cedar Point*

Maybe they could theme it to the Lake Erie sea monster. I don't know if anyone is familiar with the "sea monster", but you would pass it on a bridge on the highway when heading west from Cleveland and it was recently taken out when the house was torn down. If you get off at the Rye Beach Road exit of the highway they even have a little café themed to the sea monster. I think that would fit and make it a one of a kind name and throw some old memories into a new ride.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

If they named it Great White (doubt it) maybe they could buy Universal's Jaws prop since they won't be needing it anymore.

Let's Get Weird.

Come on now, just go with the nickname of the Seagull......"Flying Rat". Gray running rails, white spine, yellowish orange supports. ;).

Or just paint the the entire ride white so they don't have to keep painting it because of all the seagull crap all over it!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Well there is talk about names what about "Squall". It's short, makes sense (a sudden, sharp increase in wind speed). It's right by the beach, usually windy. I've always thought that would be a cool name for a coaster. Make things kind of weather/storm themed in station and what not. I mean, I don't think any idea will top the, I think it was "Angry Seagull" if I remember right but I like this idea.

There is a seagull who sits atop the roof of the Camper Village restroom (the one in the full hookup circular loop). One day a month ago while walking to the bathroom my brother was attacked by it and barely escaped to the safety of the restroom.

Upon notifying the camper village office he was told this is a "known problem" and happens from time to time, as this particular seagull had babies recently and is very protective of that area.

Now if it's a "known problem" why isn't it dealt with? Just like all the low hanging branches that scrape holes in the roof my my 12'11" fifth wheel.

Anyway, after seeing this happen the "Angry Seagull" name seems particularly appropriate!

Captain Hawkeye - I agree, they are very similar.

I like the seagull idea but The Angry Seagull reminds me of Angry Birds which would be weird for a roller coaster. IMO

I'm still liking Stingray with the themed trains. Neon blue and dark blue would be cool but maybe even a little green in it would be pretty.

Does anyone think Cedar Point has gone icognito and made an account on here to leave little hints and see our ideas?

MaverickLaunch said:
...low hanging branches that scrape holes in the roof my my 12'11" fifth wheel.

Branches are scraping holes in your aluminum-sided trailer?

Brandon

I was thinking about color schemes and thought a sand tan and white track and white supports. And then ocean blue trains. You could call it "The Beach Runner".

Cedar Point does read these boards, I'm not sure how much they actually pay attention though. All I know is I don't think they've copy righted a name yet so they could still get name ideas from us.

What are the odds that they will be satisfied with the name... "Wing Rider"......

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service