Cedar Point 2013

I won't ride Hulk anymore. I got bashed around so much that I really thought I might have had a concussion. I ended up spending some time at first aid after that ride. And, while their risk management folks probably wouldn't be thrilled to hear it, their first aid folks told me that get lots of visits from post Hulk riders.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Chief Wahoo said:
I won't ride Hulk anymore. I got bashed around so much that I really thought I might have had a concussion. I ended up spending some time at first aid after that ride. And, while their risk management folks probably wouldn't be thrilled to hear it, their first aid folks told me that get lots of visits from post Hulk riders.

Please keep your head back against the headrest! Duh!

I rode Hulk about three months ago, and I didn't experience any head bashing. The ride however felt much bumpier than most B&M rides.

If you sit in the back row, you can see in the loops the cars in front of you shake all over laterally. You don't see that normally on a well maintained B&M. (I do recall seeing similar shimmy action on Millennium Force at the end of one season... and it "rough" by MF standards. I suspect it was the same problem.)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Yeah, Hulk was not bad when I rode it in February. You would think IoA would be top notch in coaster maintanance.

Let's Get Weird.

Jeff said:
"So much needless head bashing. I don't get it,

"

How do you think Bruce Banner feels? ;)

Last edited by Cedar Pointer,

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Daughter had to use restroom after we rode Disator Transport. So I wondered over to where I could see through the fence. All the buildings had people going in and out. But as we were leaving, we found a medium size crane setting in soak city's parking lot.

I bet Loki would say riding the Hulk roller coaster is very realistic...

Jrb said:
Daughter had to use restroom after we rode Disator Transport. So I wondered over to where I could see through the fence. All the buildings had people going in and out. But as we were leaving, we found a medium size crane setting in soak city's parking lot.

This is exciting! Would that crane be left from installing Dragister H2O?

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

I'm pretty sure the park owns some moderately-sized crane trucks that are used for all sorts of things. Probably nothing to get excited about.

Brandon

If you want something to get excited about, let it be the fence that is starting to go up around the field next to Breakers Express. The same field where they stored Mavericks track before it went vertical.

99er said:
If you want something to get excited about, let it be the fence that is starting to go up around the field next to Breakers Express. The same field where they stored Mavericks track before it went vertical.

Pics or it didn't happen! ... Just joking, that's pretty exciting though.

Seriously though, I want pics...

Interesting that they'd install a fence this time around. I wonder if that directive came from the top, or if this is the first time the boss has allowed the directive to be carried out.

Brandon

A fence! Awesome. This could be a sure sign that the "leaked" memo was true!!!

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

djDaemon said:
I'm pretty sure the park owns some moderately-sized crane trucks that are used for all sorts of things. Probably nothing to get excited about.

Cedar Fair does not own any cranes. They are contracted through a third-party.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

But I think they still have cranes on site. Like if a train stalled or there was an accident, they would be a crane to rescue people.

In regards to the fence, it doesn't surprise me, track will probly start showing up soon.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Maverick00 said:
But I think they still have cranes on site. Like if a train stalled or there was an accident, they would be a crane to rescue people.

In regards to the fence, it doesn't surprise me, track will probly start showing up soon.

In regard to the first part, you make a really good point. In the past 10 years, Raptor stalled.

In regards to the second part, Cedar Fair still has to offically announce the building of a new ride.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

I don't think they had announced Maverick when the track arrived.

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Cedar Pointer said:
I don't think they had announced Maverick when the track arrived.

That is correct.

Hmm. Well maybe we might get to see some of the "mystery" track soon!

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service