Cedar Point 2013

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:
I don't know if it would be possible with the height only at 170ft, but how about a spiraling vertical drop? Similar to the drop on TTD. Now that would be amazing on a wing coaster!

Although I think it would be an awesome thing to watch it twisting like that I do not see that happening, but who knows...

hey, just a fyi but there's a new live webcam on pinks, which could easily be turned towards construction... interesting.

That's been there a little while now.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I haven't been on a wing coaster yet, but isn't the experience pretty much the same thing as being on the edge seat of Griffon/Sheikra? I did notice from POV videos of X-Flight/Wild Eagle that you are level with the track rather than on top. Still, it seems the same watching it on youtube.

I have ridden Wild Eagle and I don't think so. For one thing, from what I've seen, the wing coasters do a lot more. Also, we have the much more comfortable restraints on the Wing Coasters. It's a soft conforming restraint as opposed to the ox collar like they have on Raptor.

In regards to the comparison to the outside seats on Dive vs Wing: Maybe I'm way off. But, I feel like your field of view is better on the Wing. And in this case, everyone has a 50% chance of having an outside seat as opposed to 20% on Griffin and 25% on Sheikra (spelling?)

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

Isn't that webcam not "live" but refreshing like the others? It's been around a long time. Well before the park opened, maybe longer. If I'm not mistaken, it's a local news channel's weather cam.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

No, it is a live video cam

http://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/new-live-video-cam

Although I have not been on a true "Wing" coaster I have been on a "4-dimensional" (X -Magic Mountain) which is like a Wing Coaster, and I would say it felt nothing at all like Sheikra.

Last edited by DSRPUNK,

If a wing coaster is anything like a floorless... then it will be awesome..... i bet cedar pount could have gotten more for itheir money with a floorless, but im excited nonetheless. I wonder if it will be launched (they can do it... think of it like a winged hulk). Seeing as how 3 of our most recent coasters have been launched (maverick, dragster, wicked twiste or).

I could see a crazy design, a launch from the station into a 170 ft loop... that would make a statement... followed by a few bunny hills going into a zero g roll over the front gate, throw in some sweet twists and banks, maybe another in line twist with a crecending upwards helix... my god that sounds good.... sorry guys just getting creative

DSRPUNK said:
Although I have not been on a true "Wing" coaster I have been on a "4-dimensional" (X -Magic Mountain) which is like a Wing Coaster, and I would say it felt nothing at all like Sheikra.

I completely forgot I went to SFMM last year and rode X-2! And you're right, nothing like a the outermost seat on Griffon.

NextGen89... A winged Hulk would be incredible! But, I don't think it would be possible the build that under $25 mil

Other than Hulk I don't think there are any other launched B&M's. And, it was my understanding that B&M wasn't involved with the design of the launch. They were just told to design the coaster assuming a certain speed as it crested the top of the lift hill. So, I wouldn't expect any launched B&M's in the near future.

I've heard the same thing Jason. I've even heard that B&M told them that they wouldn't condone a launch on their rides and that they would design the rest but wouldn't even touch the idea of creating a launch.

The Hulk's tire launch was subcontracted out to a different company. I do, however, remember reading somewhere that B&M was developing their own launch system.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I did some quick googling and found various message board posts and rumours and whatnot from 2010 that B&M was working with LSM on a future coaster....

Maybe were onto something here... a launched wingrider would be even better!! It will utilize the "LONGEST OF ITS KIND" record to its fullest.. plus it would give an awesome sensation of "taking off".... the parking lot could be part of the theming as an aircraft carrier, the lake and beach fit in with that theme.

That sounds awesome but I wouldn't give my hopes up. It would be awesome to get a coaster for 2013. Cant wait to see what cedar point has up their sleeves!

Side note. After the hulks loop I think its just an ok ride, just my opinion though.

Last edited by Cedar Pointer,

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Cedar Pointer said:
That sounds awesome but I wouldn't give my hopes up. It would be awesome to get a coaster for 2013. Cant wait to see what cedar point has up their sleeves!

Side note. After the hulks loop I think its just an ok ride, just my opinion though.

I agree with you, the launch and first 4 loops are fun but then it just doesn't do that much for me, last time I rode it too I thought it was a tad rough for a b&m.

I personally hope there is no launch on this coaster, I think we have enough launches, not that I don't enjoy them I just would prefer a normal type lift.

Hulk is awful, but not because of the layout. It seems like they never replace the bushings or springs (I honestly don't know what B&M's use) in the wheel assemblies, so the lateral shimmy you get is just awful at times. So much needless head bashing. I don't get it, because it never seems like a problem on the Dragons.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I agree, can we for the first time in 16 years have a chain lift? There's something nice about going up a chain lift right next to the beach.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I wonder if they will be doing a boardwalk when they build the new coaster along the beach. That would be nice plus you get to walk next to the new coaster.

I'd have to agree with Jeff. The last time I rode Hulk (about a year and a half ago) it was by far the worst B&M I'd been on as far as head bashing goes. It was fine when I first rode it sometime around 2005, but it's gone way downhill since then.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service