Cedar Point 2013

Track can show up months before an announcement. Just look at Dragster.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

They didn't announce Maverick when they tore down WWL or when the fence went up around the site, or when the track was at Breakers Express, or when they were beginning construction either. So it's not at all unlikely they're planning something, and until the announcement, I'm sure the rumors/guesses will continue on here until they do. But that's part of the fun.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Well this document is going to make it harder for Cedar Fair to keep this plan all wraped up. It would take master planning to move track in with all the guests, cameras, and other obstructions to them.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

Construction can start before anything is announced, it's done all the time. The lift hill could be finished and we might not know what the ride is, they're not going to try to keep the construction a secret.

There was a fence around the Maverick track.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ReviewPhotos-g50940-d503559-r5499803-Breakers_Express-Sandusky_Ohio.html

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

Wow I gotta give them credit, they did a great job on hiding the track :)

Well we do know what the ride is if they do bring in the track. :D

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

Coaster Boi said:
Cedar Fair does not own any cranes. They are contracted through a third-party.

The park owns at least one crane that typically sits behind P&D. They will rent others when needed.

The odd part about the fence I saw is that it is a nice black property fence, similar to what is along Millennium Force that is being installed along the sidewalk. Not a chain link fence up near where they stored Maverick's track.

I rode Verbolten for the first time today and what an AWESOME addition to the park... If the B&M Wing Coaster rumor turns out to be false, a Verbolten type ride would be a perfect fit at CP. They could use the DT building for the event buidling... This probably will not happen, but just a thought

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Why do people still think this is a rumor? Cedar Point is getting a Wing Coaster. The layout, however, is unknown.

Let's Get Weird.

^ Because anyone could fabricate a 'memo'.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Why do people still think this is a rumor? Cedar Point is getting a Wing Coaster. The layout, however, is unknown.

Because your mom is too fat to ride TTD and until I hear CP officially announce it, it will always be a rumor in my eyes... ;-)

The only thing good about Verbolten is the themeing, we all know that Cedar Fair and theming don't go together. We have plenty of launched coasters anyway.

I just hope that they are not taking down Space Spiral. I like SS, it is a nice way to catch a nice view and relax (if it isn't too hot in the cabin). It is also one of the few rides left that all my family members can ride at the same time (ages range from 2 to 65).

My mother-in-law decided not to renew her season pass for 2012 when she learned of the removal of the boat ride. She is not a rider and would only ride the boat, train, SS, sky ride and perhaps the merry go round. Removal of SS is just one more reason for her not to get a season pass next year.

^That's why I'm hoping the park will get a new observation tower too...that has air conditioning and non-scratched windows. Does anyone know how much one costs? I wonder if they might add another one next year in addition to the wing coaster but only if they are under a few million dollars.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Went to SF Great America yesterday and rode X-Flight. Very fun ride with a sweet first drop and fun elements. Very smooth transitions and decent speed. It is however fairly short, as in length. No MCBR and one train on the course and one train in the station. The seats were comfortable and I only saw one person that had to take the walk of shame, but all day, the only one. My dad hasn't been able to ride at CP since '06 and rode Superman: UF and American Eagle with plenty of room so it may be different in Illinois. The restraints are nice but some in our group had them tighten up a lot throughout the ride. X-Flight was overall a really fun coaster. It's layout is more compact and a much smaller footprint than the 'possible location', if it's true that it might encompass DT & SS sites, parking lot, and gate. All in all, a great coaster that would compliment CP's already great line up very well.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Jason Hammond said:
No, it is a live video cam

http://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/new-live-video-cam

Seems... easy enough to maybe just turn it to the right as a new construction cam. ;)

Is it possible Cedar Point could just be removing Space Spirals cabin and replacing it with one of those new and updated cabins? Maybe that's what they are actually replacing instead of removing the whole thing.

Shawn Meyer said:
Is it possible Cedar Point could just be removing Space Spirals cabin and replacing it with one of those new and updated cabins? Maybe that's what they are actually replacing instead of removing the whole thing.

I would love it if they did this. Paint it the same color scheme. Perfect. I just hate to see that view be totally gone forever.

SSL488 said:
http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/Towers/Super+Gyro+Tower/tabid/142/ProductNumber/Super+Gyro+Tower/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

One of these! Only with a smaller cabin.

I could live with this option too.

Last edited by WinZippoMan,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service