Cedar Point 2013

Providing DT is not being relocated or saved, it can come down in less than two weeks. Also, B&M coasters have always been assembled efficiently, so it's not likely that they need a TON of advanced prep.

I expect a "farewell" in Sept/Oct and demo begins the day after the park closes.

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

Didn't work for Raptor begin after Labor Day? And that might be the best comparison-they had demolition and relocation work as well.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Yeah but the park was closed also. No Halloweekends back then.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Halloweekends wouldn't effect the project anyway, the park is closed during the week after Labor day. Regular working hours for the trades is M-F, 7-3:30.

Why wouldn't it affect the park? You can't have big machinery on the midways like you did for Raptor.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

All of that can be parked out of the way, along with the area being fenced and closed off to the public. For Raptor, they still had bonus weekends back then, where Mill Race was already demolished and land clearing was well underway. Look how much work that already started for MF and TTD.

The problem is that the job site would take up valuable parking space at the busiest, most lucrative time of the season.

The park would probably be better off (financially speaking) starting demo and construction after HW, and if the schedule cannot be accelerated, opening the coaster sometime after opening day.

Brandon

Of course the demand for parking from Soak City patrons diminishes after SC closes for the season.

Besides, it's not as if they are talking about losing hundreds of parking spaces.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

^ Um, you mean the empty "premium" parking spots? Or have people actually started paying to park there? Last time we were up, that whole lot was a ghost town for 2 days straight.

I think many people would bet on it opening after opening day no matter what. Then again, it's not Intamin or a protoype this year, so there actually is hope.

Promoter of fog.

djDaemon said:
I've got $1,000 that says CPfan1976 has pictures of paint markings we've already seen.

The paint markings are old news. Hope you still have that money. Look very closely (from Sunday 6/10). P.S. They are rerouting entering traffic from the main gate now to the back lighthouse point/soak city parking lot and filling that up first.

Maybe I'm going blind but I don't see anything special in those pictures...What is it I should look for?

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I think he is trying to show the amount of people parked in the preferred parking section? I'm not too sure either.

Well on the last page he said that he made an interesting find in the parking lot, maybe cars in a parking lot is interesting to him.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

The thing I found strange about the preferred parking when they launched it this year was the make-shift extra queue rail they used to put around the perimeter of the special lot. I would have thought they would have put something more permanent. So if they have plans to do construction in that area this/next year maybe they will incorporate a more permanent barrier between the regular lot and preferred lot.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Apparently they planned on only a few people to be idiotic enough to pay even more for parking. Their plan is working.

Promoter of fog.

^How much is preferred parking exactly? And, yeah, some are. When I went last Saturday, the lot was half full. I rather walk than pay extra..

It's $20. I've seen it as a hit or miss. Some times it's almost full, most times it's not. Though it "could" go up as the season progresses.....I suppose.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

What I'm curious about is the days when the lot fills up entirely, like some Halloweekends Saturdays. If the only spots left are in preferred parking, will people still have to pay extra to park there? I would hope not, but it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I was wondering the same, Ralph. I'd imagine people would start getting free upgrades to premium parking, and they'd utilize every available spot without forcing an upcharge.

Out of curiosity, does anyone remember a time when CP ran out of parking and started turning people away?

I remember a time when I was very young when cars were parked all along the unmarked perimeter of the main lot and down the causeway, with a backed up line of people that still wanted in. I figured they had to have run out that day, but I never knew for sure.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service