Cedar Point 2013

99er said:
If you want something to get excited about, let it be the fence that is starting to go up around the field next to Breakers Express. The same field where they stored Mavericks track before it went vertical.

I'm not calling you a liar but I just passed by Breakers Express and there's no fence there. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Did you look in the corner of the property near thr Thirsty Pony? That is where the first few sections started going up. Maybe they stopped for the weekend? Like I said, it was being installed along the property line and not out where Mavericks track was sitting so it would be easy to miss.

I see what you mean now (I drove by again). They appear to just be safety fences for the run off and the creek that comes from the bay. Maybe people just keep falling in. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

Ok, that could be too. I just happened to see the fence being installed as I was on my way out of town the other day.

TTD brings up a good point, but I like your idea better 99er :)

Stand at Castaway bay from Monday till Thursday. Could see BExpress, and the field your talking about. No one was installing fence, and the building behind it was sealed up. Figured this would be the first place they would start preparing. Seeing how it is at the front of the park, the parking lot is prime spot once the park closes this fall.

I highly doubt they'd spend money on lots of nice fencing just to section of new coaster track. I'm betting we'll see chainlink fencing if and when track shows up.

What is this "if" business of which you speak? ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^^Was thinking the same thing but I also thought maybe it was more of a permanent fence unlike the previous one.

If I knew a way to post my own pictures from my digital camera on here (not from a url address), I would show you a curious find I made by the employee parking lot last Sunday 6/10.

Photobucket and flickr are easy to use image/file sharing sites. Just create an account and upload pics directly from your computer or phone.

Or you could just explain it to us.. =P

What colors should be used on the new ride? I love red but CP has many red on coasters already. Maybe they could use silver and black of gold and black? Also what name and theme should be used? I was thinking they could theme it to that supposed serpent like monster that people have claimed that lives in Lake Erie.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Leviathans colors. Light blue!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I've got $1,000 that says CPfan1976 has pictures of paint markings we've already seen.

Brandon

I know construction at the Point can be done in the offseason but I've got some questions. Mav and TTD started vertical construction well before the end of the season previous to their respective opening years. And WWL came down and the end of the season prior to that, almost 18 months before Mav's opening. And don't get me wrong, I believe they could get it done but the other wing coasters from B&M started construction/landclearing/track on site in May/June of the previous year. Except X-Flight, which began in the fall. But I rode it last week and its not very long and has a small footprint compared to the 'area' this new coaster CP is 'getting'. And they didn't remove much to put it there. When I hear things like 'biggest drop, fastest, longest wing rider' I think longer construction. Again, I'm not saying it can't be done, just curious as to when DT might be razed to start getting the area ready. Possibly before the end of the season? I guess it seems like a tight timetable in a harsh environment for construction. Okay, not really questions, just throwing some things out there.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Wild Eagle went from no vertical construction in mid-September to fully functional by March.

Less than 6 months, and there it was.

Just saying.

Promoter of fog.

I'm sure they could start working on construction on the parts of the ride that will not be where the existing rides are. Probably in September. Then at the end of the season a quick demolition of DT and SS and construction can continue at those areas.

Fair enough. I assume they'll get it done. Did coaster need to be removed for Wild Eagle? That's what I was thinking. But I guess they took Wildcat out in a week.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

No. Wild Eagle was built on the side of a hill/mountain into open space. I believe there was a handful of shops, etc. that were closed for the station and surrounding area, but to my knowledge no rides had to be removed for Wild Eagle. I could be wrong.

Promoter of fog.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service