Cedar Point 2013

NextGen89...you lost me at B&M Insanity.

I'm kind of surprised that cp didn't atleast try to crack the 200 foot mark. I'm not complaining though, I just hope they don't paint the damn thing red.

Ya I know I was thinking that too. It's only 30 more feet, hardly noticeable. Besides they know how it works, if they build it 170 ft in 2013, someone will build it 175 ft in 2014. They mine as well just make it 200 ft so they could have two hyper coasters, but with completely different experiences.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Easy to say when it isn't your money.

We are talking 200 foot drop height right? Because Wild Eagle has a height of 210 feet, but only 135 foot drop.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

More height = more speed.
More Speed + elements = problems.

There is a reason why neither Magnum nor Millenium have inversions. But they both have speed.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Uh, what? I think they don't have inversions because they were never intended to, not because they would cause problems.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

B&M coaster = no problems

There are hyper coasters with inversions, it's very rare but there are some.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

FWIW Maverick is by all measure a big hit with crowds and it's not particularly tall. Likewise, a lot of people feel that TTD is too short and it's the tallest and fastest ride at CP. It's all about how much of a ride experience the designers can cram into the track length and CP with Intamin and B&M rarely steer us wrong.

There's plenty of hypercoasters with inversions! Like Steel Phan... oh wait... Son of.... nope.

I suppose the Arrow/S&S 4D coasters are technically "hypercoasters," but for the most part big roller coasters either fall into the non-looping or mega-looper category to satisfy different types of customers.

The only real 200+ ft coasters with inversions still are the B&M dive machines and the S&S/Arrow 4th Dimensions. So the possibility of a 200ft wingrider is plausible I guess, but just highly unlikely.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

Okay... Lets look at Dominators stats (floorles):

Height 161 ft (49 m)
Drop 148 ft (45 m)
Length 4,210 ft (1,280 m)
Max speed 65 mph (105 km/h)
Inversions 5
Duration 2:06

Heres Wild Eagle:

Length: 3127'
Height: 210'
Drop: 135'
Inversions: 4
Speed: 61 mph
Duration: 2:22

and Heres x-flight:
Length: 3000'
Height: 120
Inversions: 5
Speed: 55 mph
Duration: 1:15

If its going to have the largest drop, be the fastest, and longest of its kind, it will lie, probably somewhere between Wild Eagle and Dominator. Wild Eagle cost 20 mil. and x-flight cost 15 mil, what does that extra 5 mil extra get us. Looking at the 5 mil difference between the 2 referenced and using their difference as a marker...
something like...
Length: 2,354
Height: 170
Drop: 155
Inversions: 5
Speed: 67mph
Duration: 2:50

could be a sweet ride

^You have to remember though that the coaster itself isn't going to cost $25 million.

The $25 million covers the entire project. So that means it must cover the coaster, the removal of the other rides, landscaping, gate revamp etc...

^Not even just that project but the entire park. I think a lot of people are forgetting that any projects done at the park, which will be a few, are also included in that amount. If they decide to upgrade Fastlane with scanners, repave the Soak City lot, add more LEDs around the park, etc, etc, that is all included in that $25 million. The amount doesn't just cover the new coaster and anything associated around/with it.

I know i'm just blowing hot air but those stats just seem kind of lacking for a CP coaster and that they could of gotten a lot more for there moneys worth.

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own." - Adam Savage

What kind of stats should a CP coaster have?

I can't wait for it. It's going to be an awesome addition and I trust that Ouimet knows what he is doing. My goodness, it's the first coaster since 2007, quit your bitching! Until you've ridding a Wing Rider, please refrain.

Maverick is not the tallest and fastest coaster. It's 105 ft tall with a top speed of 70mph. It is one of my favorite coasters and I think it is because of the unique elements it offers. That's what makes a coaster good. We haven't even heard the official announcement let alone know what kind of elements it will offer

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

TwistedWicker77 said:
My goodness, it's the first ride since 2007, quit your bitching!

You mean coaster?

Yes, coaster. Thanks. I fixed it now

I have no doubt in my mind that there going to do the best they can and that it will be a great ride.3300 feet just sounds short.

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own." - Adam Savage

For comparison, TTD is 2800ft long. I would have to agree that 3300ft is short for a coaster. CP will probably get one long enough to where they can operate 3 trains, not sure if the other coasters of this type have 2 or 3.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service