Cedar Point 2013

Renegade said:
Any particular reason behind this?

Two...

One, what does Intamin offer that the park could benefit from?

Two, it's my understanding that the fallout from Shoot the Rapids soured the relationship between Intamin and CF. This could be completely off base though, as it's based on hearsay.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

Renegade said:

Two...

Two, it's my understanding that the fallout from Shoot the Rapids soured the relationship between Intamin and CF. This could be completely off base though, as it's based on hearsay.

1.) Aquatrax... Actually, I'm not really sure - they offer some Dark Rides, a couple different flats, a 500 foot tall observation tower. I'm sure they could make a nice family the coaster, they have the technology.

2.) Didn't hear about that. I can't imagine them being too happy about it though, so it makes sense.

djDaemon said:

Renegade said:

Two...

EL TORO!! :)

I hope they put up another live video cam for the 2013 construction

djDaemon said:

Let's see...the 500 ft observation tower that was mentioned, which I think could replace Space Spiral. Also, a family drop coaster, and most importantly, a world class woodie! CP desperately needs one, and it's the one major type of coaster that the park lacks a world class design!

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Am I the only one that doesn't want a 500 ft observation tower? It doesn't seem worth it. What could you see on a 500 ft observation tower that you couldn't on a 400 ft or even a 350 ft?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

It would be the tallest ride in the park, so I'd think it would be pretty cool.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum

Why not just get 425ft then? Observational towers are so dumb anyway. I have never seen people actually in line for that thing.

I've seen people in line. Sure, they're not extremely popular but they offer a nice view for people who wouldn't get to see the park from that height otherwise, such as those who don't like roller coasters or thrill rides.

thrillsawait.weebly.com

Okay i guess putting the villian on the beach is a no go then...
I could've sworn it was still there when i passed by the remains of geauga lake last summer... which by the way... is freaky... definitly would make a great halloween attraction... lol... zombie deserted amusement park

I must say im excited for this ride.. the worst b&m ive ever been on is mantis and even it has redeeming moments (great location too). They keep getting better and better, the newest ive been on was diamondback, and its pretty sweet. We may see a much bigger ride than we anticipate, cedar point hàs a knack for getting value from their dollar... companies probably give a discount to have their ride showcased at the rollercoast... i wouldnt be suprised to see stats similar to dominator

Btw... no one has an opinion on S&S SCREAMIN SQUIRRELS?

As much as Intamin's name gets dragged through the mud for various reasons, there is no denying that El Toro is hands down one of the most entertaining coasters on the planet. When we got back to Ohio after riding it on its opening weekend, I was convinced that within 10 years Cedar Point would have its own.

So, is the current thinking that Coastermania will indeed be the official announcement?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

It's only a hope at this point. It's sure possible and certainly falls in line with what Bryan said about a "formal announcement later this summer". We'll just have to go into the event with modest expectations.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

veritas55 said:
I know it has been discussed before, but I will never understand why Cedar Point (or really no other North American park outside of Six Flags NJ) will not purchase an Intamin pre-fab "woodie" like El Toro.

Because the US rep for Intamin is a douchebag and no one wants to work with him.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff said:

veritas55 said:
I know it has been discussed before, but I will never understand why Cedar Point (or really no other North American park outside of Six Flags NJ) will not purchase an Intamin pre-fab "woodie" like El Toro.

Because the US rep for Intamin is a douchebag and no one wants to work with him.

Can that really be it? I doubt it, given Intamin's sales in the US over the last few years. Cedar Point is too smart a business company to not realize that Intamin coasters are crowd pleasers (unfortunately CP decided to get Intamin's least reliable models). The Supermen coasters and the Intamin woodies are incredible -- and naturally CP has neither? (Millennium Force is lots of fun, but no comparison to Superman in New England or Intimidator)

Last edited by veritas55,

Are you serious? Maybe Millennium is close to Superman at SFNE but not even close to Intimidator.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Jeff said:

Not calling you out here intentionally, but what is this statement based on? Actual interaction with the individual, or just word of mouth?

Jeff said:

Are you talking about Kernacs? What did he do to cause problems. I never heard anything.

Speaking of charm, here's an editorial cartoon from last month:

http://i.imgur.com/IpMjC.jpg

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Renegade said:
Aquatrax...

Eh, the park already has 3 water rides. And those seem to only have long waits on the warmest, busiest days. While I wouldn't mind another water ride in the park, I'm not sure it's easy to justify from a business standpoint.

Ride On_17 said:
Let's see...the 500 ft observation tower...

The park already has an observation tower, and there's no definitive word on whether it's being removed. If/when SS is removed, I suppose there could be a need.

Also, a family drop coaster...

From what I can tell, this coaster design is nothing more than a modern version of Mine Ride.

...a world class woodie!

The park has two wooden coasters already. Using the "world class" modifier is subjective and silly. Lots of people seem to enjoy the wood coasters already offered. And as mentioned before, they place significant demand on maintenance resources.

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service