Cedar Point 2013

Lowkae said:It's a Tarp!

I award you 5 Internet points. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Shawn Meyer said:

Ffej said:
Everyone make sure to get those final farewells in with Space Spiral and Disaster Transport just to be safe. After all, our new CEO could be a serial roller coaster killer! ;) He likes picking off the rare family ones especially... ;) ;) ;)

Actually if Disaster Transport is removed after this season, he would make almost everyone on this fan site happy since the majority of people on here don't like Disaster Transport.

I like Disaster Transport!

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

^ I was referring to most people on here. I'm glad you like Disaster Transport though and I'm sorry If I offended you.

I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but I find it interesting that for years people complain when Cedar Point doesn't get a new roller coaster. Then it appears that they finally will get one, and people start complaining. can't we just enjoy the likely awesomeness that this ride will be?

On here, it's a yes and a no. Some people want new things without taking old things, and some want new things and understand why certain old things get taken out. Some are more understanding, and some don't bother to try to understand......it's just the way of the world.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

@ExtremeCoasters

I rode Wild Eagle two weeks ago and I can tell you that you definitely feel speed while riding the coaster, particularly in the middle portion of the ride after the loop, and then especially in the helix at the end. You come into the brake run pretty fast as well. It is a FANTASTIC coaster and I am thrilled to have one potentially arriving at a park much closer to me than Dollywood. I'm assuming that the majority of the people who complain that wing coasters are slow and do not contain a lot of force have yet to ride one.

As well, having just experienced Leviathan this week, I'm REALLY excited about the idea of the new coaster having a turnaround at the gate. It's the curves/turnarounds on Wild Eagle that wow, and one of Leviathan's best moments is the massive turn around right beside/over the front gate.

As well, there was talk of fear of the coaster having the dreaded "parking lot atmosphere", but if the ride is good enough, it's not noticeable. Leviathan is so fantastic you do not notice the majority of the ride is outside the park in the lot.

Fav Coaster credits of 2012 season...

The Voyage, Leviathan, Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, The Legend, Flight of Fear

I don't understand why people are thinking it will be a coaster with unused parking spots under it. This isn't Six Flags. Cedar Fair has done a fine job turning a parking lot into a nice landscaped coaster

I miss Dominator. :-(

Well Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland (a Cedar Fair Park) goes over the parking lot and cars can park under it. Here's a video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cym2hj4SVqw

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

99er hit the nail on the head with his post and pictures. Cedar Point won't let it look tacky like Six Flags. If it goes over the parking lot it will only be for a little bit probably and if they remove parking spots they won't just let the lines stay there. They'll landscape and what not

^The ride does not go over general parking. The only cars underneath appeared to be park vehicles.

BirdOfPrey00 said:
I miss Dominator. :-(

I live 20 minutes from KD and get to ride it all the time! Ha Ha! And you don't! Ha Ha!

Oh, I am just giving you a hard time! J/k, but seriously... HAHA

Amusement Today (the trade magazine that gives out the Golden Tickets) is now reprinting the Sandusky Register article in its emails today as Breaking News

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Didn't they already do this last week? I'm pretty sure I read it in one of the daily desktop news things they send.

I think I have been on Space Spiral ,once in three years. I still hate to see it go,It has been part of the skyline for a long time.Also I hate to see Disaster Transport go since it was a starter coaster for the kids. But if it must go to get bigger and badder. Well,it must happen ! Sorry kids,family fun park is gone welcome to Cedar Points wild kingdom of coasters.
Ride On Coaster Enthusiasts !!!

99er said:
I don't understand why people are thinking it will be a coaster with unused parking spots under it. This isn't Six Flags. Cedar Fair has done a fine job turning a parking lot into a nice landscaped coaster

This is what I was referring to earlier, if it goes over the parking lot, it'll be blocked off and be turned into a section of the park.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Not necessarily.

I would certainly hope so, but they would not have to take that route.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Right. Doesn't Leviathan traverse into the parking lot? Granted, they didn't give it the SF treatment, but it's definitely outside the park, if memory serves.

Brandon

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

With Leviathan they cut out parts of the parking lot where the coaster is low to the ground. With the cut out area, they planted trees and grass.

http://www.cwmania.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=262&pid=3654#...play_media

Let's Get Weird.

This gives a general idea of leviathan's route through the parking lot.

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/hzgarfield/20123492215_Leviathan%2017-120304225851005_nEO_IMG.jpg

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service