Cedar Point 2013

I meant Sky Ride for the one that faced Luminosity. The other that was attached to Pagoda did face down the midway in the direction of the Front Gate. So just look at the corner of Sky Ride to see if the big white box is still there.

When it comes to announcements, Six Flags Magic Mountain told the press that the Lex Luther addition would be added to Superman way before construction pieces hit the park. They also informed others of the implosion of a drop tower like Deamon Drop because that video is posted all over the internet.

Given the cost and lead time for a new coaster, is there really a benefit to keeping it quiet? You don't get the approval to spend this many millions of dollars, survey and clear a site, and construct it with the lead time of looking over your sholders and seeing what the competition does.

I never liked all the conspiricy or teasing that goes on by parties like T&T that are trying to create hype and end up creating disappointment. Why not just tell us what is up. Disney doesn't even try and hide the fact that they are making changes - and Universal has confirmed plans for Harry Potter in California and other locations. Do they tworry that Six Flags or Cedar Fair are now going to race and beat them in these quests?

The best hype is when you have a 400 foot tower and no announcement. Now thats how you create hype.

On another note, has anybody been on a wing coaster yet? They look awfully slow and kind of boring. I definitely want to be proven wrong on that. I guess i just got used crazy speed and fast transitions with Intamin coasters.

99er, then in that case there no longer is a webcam still attatched to Sky Ride. I remember that from last time in the park because I was going to stand by it, and wave to it, and tell my friend to go on the computer and look. Well, the webcam wasn't there... And then I also realized that it was the one that had been turned off for Luminosity construction anway.

xtremecoasters said:
anybody been on a wing coaster yet? They look awfully slow and kind of boring.

I think they only look slow because the trains are so large. Wild Eagle's Max speed is 60 mph. I believe Maverick goes 58 mph before the launch tunnel, and I don't think Maverick looks all that slow. Wild Eagle also might look slow compared to a ride like Maverick because it doesn't have quick turns like Maverick does.

I believe it said in the Sandusky Register that Cedar Point's Wing Coaster will be 170 ft? I would assume the drop would then be 160-165ft. Wild Eagle's drop is only 135 ft, I'm not going go and calculate this out, but with a 160-165ft drop, I think you'd have enough energy to get up to 65-70 mph.

Last edited by SSL488,

This is based on pure speculation, but I think the park almost has to start demolishing DT and Space Spiral before the end of the operating season. The ground where the new ride will be constructed has to be cleared and excavated along with footers poured before cooler weather sets in.

I imagine demolition would begin on DT and SS after Labor Day weekend when the park goes into weekend-only mode. It would be easy enough to 'fence-off' the southeast corner of the park during the last couple months of operations during Halloweekends. Happy Jack's may have to be moved to a new location yet this year or outright discontinued. Also, does the park store the Halloweekends parade floats in this corner of the park? If so, that may complicate things as well for the fall.

Well according to Adam there are already footers poured and ready inside DT's structure.

;)

Promoter of fog.

I was there yesterday, there was more light in the building and I got a better look at what I saw.

And it looked a lot less like a footer this time around. lol :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

well to clear the land for the coaster will have to clear the front entrance and that's just not going to happen before the end of the season. though I imagine DT and SS will be closed for Halloweekends and that area will be cleared in that time.though really with the right crew and planning that could take a couple weeks of less.. so we will just have to wait and see.

The fact is if they hire enough people and the right equipment this coaster could be built in a month or less. in China they built a 30 story hotel in 15 days! its just a matter of how much money and manpower CP invests in construction.

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

It also depends on the winter we have. If its like two years ago, the coaster won't open till July but if it's like this past year, it'll be ready well in time for opening day. I know Leviathan was completed well in time for opening day and media day, they had a warm winter too though.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

TTD 120mph said:
I was there yesterday, there was more light in the building and I got a better look at what I saw.

And it looked a lot less like a footer this time around. lol :)

So what did it look like if it's not a footer? Was it something relating to DT?

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-point-w...8130.story

La Times has picked up the Register story as well

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^^Yea, I would have to say it looked like just a tarp. I still couldn't make out exactly what it is, but it's not a footer. Conspiracy over. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

XS NightClub said:
http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-point-w...8130.story

La Times has picked up the Register story as well

2 behind Magic Mountain... that article just had to bring it up.

Arch-rival Six Flags Magic Mountain's coaster count will rise to 18 in 2013 with the addition of the Full Throttle launched coaster, keeping the California amusement park ahead of Cedar Point in the battle for the coveted title of Roller Coaster Capital of the World.

Seriously? Nobody cares about the title anymore.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

^ Not sure if that's true. The parks might not care, but there are quite a few people that do. Just reading through comments on Cedar Point's facebook page after the addition of any non coaster will tell you that much.

Nobody cares. It's a marketing "nice to have," and little more. It will have no impact on business.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Actually, somebody does care. And that person is Brady MacDonald, who cannot stop writing about it. His posts are starting to become very annoying.

He is obsessed with this back-and-forth war that isn't even happening.

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

Yawn. It is pretty lame.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service