Cedar Point 2013

^^^While it might be possible to decide to go with a plan of this magnitude on less than 1 year's notice, and while B & M may have an opening in their production schedule (and, BTW, I assume this is not an "off the shelf" design if it is to interact with the Main Enterance, thus making design take longer) coming up with $25m is part of a 3 to 5 year plan.

Even if a project like 2013 "can in fact come about over the course of a year," coming up with the $$$ can't--unless CP had a different $25m project planned (extending TTD to 600 feet?) that they canceled.

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

^This is true but you can have the set capital you want without knowing what your project is. You can even set aside an amount for a coaster without knowing what kind of coaster you want.

My question is, if this wasn't the intended announcement for Coastermania (that's when Kinzel said a "big" announcement" was to be made) than what was? Or is this it?

Maybe my imagination just isn't working, but I'm not coming up with anything intriguing. Because of what Kinzel said, it was a pretty safe bet that a coaster was indeed coming for 2013...and here it comes.

Oh well.

Promoter of fog.

^ I'm thinking that if the announcement is in fact going to be on CoasterMania!, I don't think it will be specifically for CoasterMania! Guests. Maybe it will be for the entire public who are at the park that day.

Well I'll probably be leaving for vacation the day of Coastermania, but thankfully I'll have access to a computer once I arrive. I'll be sure to check back here to hear about whatever announcement is made.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

True, there is obviously much, much to learn about his project. I would take everything regarding the layout in the Register with a very large grain of salt.

Promoter of fog.

Speaking of Coastermania, I noticed that Disaster Transport ERT is on the agenda. Looks like it'll be operating through at least mid-July.

I think the building itself will be there through the season. I think we'll see Happy Jack's for the last time this year, atleast in its current location.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Which way will Disaster Transport go?

A. Implosion

B. Wrecking Ball

C. Toxic Baby Pee

D. All of the above

E. An Avalanche will Run over it

Whatever happens, I just want to see it. I'd love to catch a glimpse of it without its outer shell before the track goes.

I'm sure there'll be a webcam for the whole construction so you'll see it then.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

SSL488 said:
^ I'm thinking that if the announcement is in fact going to be on CoasterMania!, I don't think it will be specifically for CoasterMania! Guests. Maybe it will be for the entire public who are at the park that day.

Steve, I'm thinking that the announcement will happen for us Coaster Mania guests first and then the next day the public will know. Being Optimistic here. :)

I'm gonna look to see if they have the we can that was watching Luminosity construction over by DT next time I go. It could be possible that the cam is set up and just not turned on yet.

^I never thought about that. When are you going to the park next?

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Lowkae said:
Speaking of Coastermania, I noticed that Disaster Transport ERT is on the agenda. Looks like it'll be operating through at least mid-July.

Yes. But, Wikdcat was on listed for ERT for the ACE event a few weeks ago as well. And, we all know how that turned out. :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I don't think the park would want a webcam pointed at the destruction of a building and then a roller coaster while the park is open. If a cam shows up, it will probably be once the land is cleared for the new coaster to start vertical construction. If you want to know if the Luminosity cam is still there, just look at the corner of Pagoda the next time you are at the park.

I think it's very unlikely we have any deconstruction during the year. We haven't seen that a lot in the past and in a year when they already lost 2 rides, they aren't going to be anxious to do away with 2 more without any replacements.

I will add here, I don't blame/credit Ouimet much on any of this. He just took over and this is a big capital expense that could have been signed a long time ago. These decisions aren't made overnight.

(Losing Wildcat is probably all on him though).

99er, I dont think that cam was on pagoda. Wasn't it attached to the sky ride? I thought the pagoda cam was the one that was looking at the sleeping giant.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service