Cedar Point 2013

So, I'm still curious about what the "real story" behind this new coaster is that Jeff alluded to...

:)

Do tell.

Promoter of fog.

When did he say that?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Are you referring to the third post on this page http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/27918.aspx?page=6#457705?

Last edited by Magnum is awesome,

O.K. so I have been gone a few days and come back to see this thread has gone into "chaos" mode. What is going on here? Can we get back on track?

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

walleyewhacker said:
O.K. so I have been gone a few days and come back to see this thread has gone into "chaos" mode. What is going on here? Can we get back on track?

Interesting that you were gone during the same time frame Chaos was here.

/conspiracy

Last edited by Renegade,

^^^ Yep. (@ Magnum).

Promoter of fog.

Magnum is awesome said:
^ would you go again if it were free?

I might take a quick walk through, but it wouldn't be at the top of the list.

For 2013, they need to relocate the Space Spiral under the collective seats of the marketing department at Cedar Fair.

Is Cedar Point...

America's Roller Coast, or a Family destination? Every year it seems to change.

A pay-one-price ticket, or a menu structured upcharge list?

A multi-day resort, a season pass holder, or single day (better fast pass my way to get my $ worth) market?

Above all, Cedar Fair needs to communicate with the public better because they can't be everything to everyone. The 2013 news is out there, they need to confirm or deny it and at least get the nostalgic commenters out there to get their last rides in.

It's clear to me that many of the decisions seem to be made by experimenting on the customer. And although some call it bitching, I think constructive criticism is a better term.

Every year I have to get a review at work, defend my decisions that failed, come up with improvements for next year, and hopefully get rewarded for what I did right. The process creates teamwork and loyalty on both sides moving forward.

If you market a product, you have to defend it's shortfalls as well. And if you tease or sit on your hands about your product, it really indicates that you are playing games with the customer.

^That's a very well written statement and I have to say, I agree. Although we all know it as America's Roller Coast because of its location AND its collection of coasters, in essence, it IS a destination for all demographics.

What they should do is balance new additions out. For every coaster, it should be accompanied by a family attraction (dinosaurs, dark ride, shoot-em-up attraction, etc). That way, you cater to all groups and don't turn off parents who think their kids won't have a good time.

I do disagree on the communication of the 2013 attraction. Info leaks all the time. This doesn't mean everyone who goes to CP knows that this is out there. They will announce soon enough, and everyone can shed a tear in front of the DT/SS combo.

I also think you don't have to wait until the fall to announce a new ride. The attitude that it would "cannibalize" visits for the next season is absurd to me. People go every year. It's tradition, whether there's a new ride or not. I mean, a lot of people didn't even know Maverick was the new coaster when it opened!

Last edited by Guide_Wheel,

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

I think CP does a great job marketing their one product to many demographics. Sure, some years family rides take a priority over thrill rides, but over all, I see a very good balance. Let's not forget what happened with MF, so waiting to announce a new ride is in the park's best interest and makes perfect marketing sense. While the Register printed the "leaked" memo, I am sure it was with CP's approval and was designed to create early buzz. It certainly beats the marketing approach of some European parks. Since the park hasn't officially made an announcement, I personally am waiting to see the details. Since the park will have lost 2 coasters come 2013, and they certainly aren't going to abandon their tag line of "America's Roller Coast", a small family coaster could certainly be in the works along with the B&M. I love the new changes of the management team, and not quite ready to throw them under the bus just yet.

Last edited by Tom,

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_members/member_ridelist.asp?id=106009"] [img]http://coasterfanatics.com/banners/rl_106009.jpg[/img][url][url]

+1

/conspiracy

Not likely, I don't think I could whine as much if someone paid me.

Last edited by walleyewhacker,

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

SteveH said:

Is Cedar Point...

America's Roller Coast, or a Family destination? Every year it seems to change.

A pay-one-price ticket, or a menu structured upcharge list?

A multi-day resort, a season pass holder, or single day (better fast pass my way to get my $ worth) market?

Yes, to all the above. Those are not either/or propositions.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

walleyewhacker said:

/conspiracy

Not likely, I don't think I could whine as much if somoene paid me.

This reminds me of an old thread :) http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/22572.aspx

Good times

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Kevinj said:
So, I'm still curious about what the "real story" behind this new coaster is that Jeff alluded to...

:)

Do tell.

I am also curious!

^Me too...Is anyone ever gonna speak up?

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

^Jeff didn't allude to any secret story behind the coaster. Walt said this project was probably started before Matt became CEO. Jeff simply stated that a member here had some info on that, that wouldn't be what we would think. Leads me to believe that this project was not started before Matt took over. A project even this size doesn't have to be apart of a 3 or 5 year plan. It can in fact come about over the course of a year which is exactly what I think happened here.

Last edited by 99er,

Yet if you look at Cedar Point in 2002 compared to 2012, there is no question it's a better park.

You're probably right in most senses, but on at least a personal level, I'm not sure I agree with that. I'll admit I have been able to afford to go more than once a year the past several years and those have always been during Halloweekends (so I've never seen the Starlight Experience like I'd like to, do have fairly long lines, and we're trying to see the Halloween stuff too), but when we go, I'm mostly still hitting the same rides I did 10 years ago minus the ones gone. I do like Waveswinger a lot and have some of the others, but most years, I'm not sure I'm actually riding anything newer than Millennium Force.

The news about the new B&M coaster has me so pumped! This is EXACTLY what CP needed! They are smart in going with this kind of coaster, which is something very creative. Kudos to CP for making a good decision on both the coaster AND which rides to tear down. Quality is the name of the game and they're sticking to that philosophy.

I am excited that a new coaster MIGHT be coming to the Point.

But I think what would really be cool, would be to take out DT/SS and use the $25 mil and build an entire family area. New small steel family coaster maybe from Premier, maybe 2 new small flat rides similar to Troika and Matterhorn plus have a large midway that exits right on to the beach. Have seating with umbrellas and bench seats with another interactive water fountain like whats on the main midway.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service