Cedar Point 2013

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Oh my! I hope it stays like this all summer. This is great.

Let's Get Weird.

Jason Hammond said:
At least they gave out free hot dogs everytime you rode panda wheel landing.

I'm still laughing at this one. It made my day.

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

Wow, what is going on, haha! :)

Maverick00 said:
My theory is that it was purposely leaked.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

BringBackTehChaos said:
This isn't why I'm mad though. I'm mad...

Are you a mad, mad man.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

So, um, why does the Sandusky Register keep leaking rides like this? First the Windseeker lawsuit thing and now this.

Are you asking why a news outlet is disseminating news?

It's their job. :)

Brandon

It may have been published by the register. But,I thought Windseeker was leaked by the company that builds the starflyers. Their name eluds me right now.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I remember when Cedar Point removed Leap the Dippin Dots in 1935. Nothing went better then a rough ride and some refreshing liquid nitrogen frozen ice cream balls. Oh the good old days.

^^ Funtime Group.

The Register didn't leak Maverick, as far as I can remember. I remember not really knowing anything besides the construction and the name up until the announcement.

Last edited by Lowkae,

Lowkae said:
The Register didn't leak Maverick, as far as I can remember. I remember not really knowing anything besides the construction and the name up until the announcement.

They were the first to announce it to the public. As far as I know, whether it was leaked or a strategic move by CP is unknown.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/news/cedar-fair/memo-cedar...aster-2013

Last edited by Magnum is awesome,

This whole leaking information out to the news media sounds like something Thorpe Park would do.

If I remember correctly in regard to Maverick, I do in fact believe the ride was leaked just prior to the official announcement by a media outlet. I do not know who let the cat out of the bag early but I do remember that was the case.

Maverick was leaked several months before the announcement. I remember someone mentioning they had sources that Cedar Fair had tradmarked the term, "Maverick".

I'm too sexy for my harness!

The trademark was known because trademarks are public.

If you go to here, you will find that a lot of people are really ticked off about Space Spiral being removed. I wish people would just take this news with a grain of salt. What I mean is we don't know for sure if Space Spiral will actually be removed because the park hasn't made an official announcement yet. When the announcement does come out, they could surprise us by re-locating Space Spiral.

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

I like this post on the Sandusky register article."I think they need to leave the space spiral alone. I could care less about disastor transport. The spiral has ALWAYS been a big center piece of Cedar Point. I didn't know the spiral was there in 1958, or 1935, or 1909, But the lake has been there always. Lets just hope that evil Quimet does not take the lake.

I'm just a little curious, is Space Spiral really that popular a ride for families? I mean, S.S. never seems to have much of a line when I visit Cedar Point. It seems like taking out Iron Dragon, or CCRM or the carsosel would be worse. Also, S.S. to me seems like it would tank much more energy to operate, but I don't know.

I took my son to Dinosaurs Alive last weekend. It was okay, but I don't think we'll ever pay $5 to go again. Just not special enough to do more than once. I predict it won't be around for more than a couple years.

^ would you go again if it were free?

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service