Cedar Point 2013

Jeff said:
I'm sticking with Angry Seagull.

I LOVE that idea! So fitting with the local environment.

Didn't CP apply for trademarks on the name "Stratosoar" (not sure if the spelling is correct) before Windseeker opened? Only reason I ask is, it seems to me that this was probably in the planning stages for quite some time, and that could possibly be the name for this ride. Seems this name could almost fit the ride as well as it would have fit Windseeker. Then again, I could be off in a different universe here too.

One of the few Mean Streak lovers left in the world.

^^Yeah, I'm sure at least the CEO of the company should make a greeting to us all. :)Considering this is his first year, he would probably like to make conversation.

^ Somewhere in this thread or another, someone stated how that trademark was abandoned after they decided to go with Windseeker instead of a Star Flyer.

Last edited by Blimst,

Blimst said:

^ Somewhere in this thread or another, someone stated how that trademark was abandoned after they decided to go with Windseeker instead of a Star Flyer.

I just saw that. Didn't dig deep enough before I made the comment. I'll just stick with liking Jeff's idea now :)

One of the few Mean Streak lovers left in the world.

Baygullasaraus

LOL! At least we won't have to worry about poor name choices, CP's pretty good at choosing nice names for their rides.

But just to throw one out there, "Disaster Transport: Flight 2". ;\ </sarcasm>

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

^dj, I was trying to point out what we have lost in a particular span of time in contrast to what we have gained. In 2013 PWE and Space Spiral will have been removed in a 24 month period, I fail to see what is incorrect about that statement. Regardless of which honcho had the ultimate say, being told that families are the focus then removing three of the very few family attractions right out of the gate doesn't sit right.

My main bullet point is that if we were told in early 2011 that within two years we would see the death of two longtime family attractions, two roller coasters (one of which torn down quick like a bunny at the last minute), as well as increased costs & upcharges for several different things, do you think people would be pleased with if all we got in trade was pretty lights, better fries & a new roller coaster in the parking lot (if indeed the reported location is correct)? Of course not; the number of bricks coming out of peoples' backsides would be enough to build the great wall.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

I am still a bit confused on how the Sandusky Register got this memo... can anyone explain this to me? Just a leak through someone in the administration?

My theory is that it was purposely leaked. I don't understand how this much information can be leaked out. Especially this early in time. If you visited the park today, you would have no idea there's going to be a new coast. Ya there's marking but there's some every year.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I mean really at this point, isn't it still speculation? Do you think there is any chance they are going to throw us a curveball? They usually do lol. But yeah, I can see it could possibly have been purposefully leaked.

The Channel 3 news in Cleveland just ran the story of the leaked plans. Here's the link to the story.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/246680/45/Leaked-plans-hint-at-new...nt-coaster

It's the same information we already have but it's on the news so it's gaining recognition.

Last edited by nycfann22,

"A memo leaked but we have video....." LOL

If DT is movedro a newpark they should rename it the "transported disaster"

CPcoasterguy94 said:
"A memo leaked but we have video....." LOL

she's so clueless -__- lol

We-o-we-oooo said:
...if we were told in early 2011 that within two years we would see the death of two longtime family attractions, two roller coasters (one of which torn down quick like a bunny at the last minute), as well as increased costs & upcharges for several different things, do you think people would be pleased with if all we got in trade was pretty lights, better fries & a new roller coaster in the parking lot (if indeed the reported location is correct)?

I'm sure people who don't understand the business would, in fact, be disappointed.

But who cares? People are always disappointed. There's a new coaster coming next year, and people are bitching about a nearly 30-year old ride being removed.

The point is that the year-to-year changes are not as important as the gradual changes. It's not remotely reasonable to assume that Ouimet's intent to focus on family attractions will come to fruition within even 5 years. You have to think longer term.

Brandon

I just want to say I am thrilled what we are apparently getting. If it means the loss of Disaster Transport (Avalanche Run was my first coaster ever with my Grandpa when I was young) or Space Spiral, honestly haven't rode in probably ten years, then I am fine with it. It is sad, but I'm sure when I ride this new thing, it will be well worth the loss.

Well, just remember that this is a LEAKED MEMO. This does not mean that all of the info is true. As much as I wish it was true, it could just as easily be forged. I am sorry to all excited, but you have to wait for Cedar Fair to says its true.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the curveball will be B&M's first 4th Dimension coaster! Who all wants to join me and "think curveball, adjust to fastball?"

For those of you not familiar with the game of baseball, this is the exact opposite approach you would want to have when you're at bat.

I think if there is any "curveball", it will be a second small coaster to replace Wildcat. I don't see CP testing a brand new concept, even if it's from B&M.

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_members/member_ridelist.asp?id=106009"] [img]http://coasterfanatics.com/banners/rl_106009.jpg[/img][url][url]

Coaster Boi said:
Well, just remember that this is a LEAKED MEMO. This does not mean that all of the info is true. As much as I wish it was true, it could just as easily be forged. I am sorry to all excited, but you have to wait for Cedar Fair to says its true.

True, but Cedar Point hasn't come out and said this isn't true, which you'd expect in a hurry if it wasn't mostly true. They don't want news stations telling people about a coaster that's not coming. They aren't going to comment on internet rumors, but this is another level.

Last edited by Cedar Creek Mine Ride,

I could see a little mini wood coaster in the front too, near kiddie kingdom and part of disaster transport/troika area, would look nice by beach too, plus no kiddie coasters in the front, and they could do that really cheap, so I could see that kind of curveball.

LOL! At least we won't have to worry about poor name choices, CP's pretty good at choosing nice names for their rides.

Naming new rides for the most part is OK..except maybe "Dragster H20". Even though the public named it, they had the power to eliminate it. However, the renaming of the ex-Paramount rides were horrendous: "Drop Tower," "Flight Deck," and "Invertigo" all make me cringe still.

Even if Xcelerator came first, I'd somewhat consider TTD a "new concept" still when it was decided to build it. Granted a 4D B&M would be ENTIRELY new. CF had a nightmare for a few years with TTD, so I would also suspect they stay on the cautious side again from now on as they had in the past previously to TTD (unless you consider hitting new height records).

Last edited by pyrocoasterkid,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service