Cedar Point 2013

Titandwedebil said:
SO excited about the news. This is the first roller coaster I'll actually be old enough to remember them building (minus Maverick, and some sketchy memories of Dragster).

I saw the discussion earlier regarding the name and color choices for the ride..I really can't make any solid guesses on the color, but i'd like to say chances are it won't be red, haha. Maverick, Magnum, TTD, Iron Dragon, and Mantis (sorta)...hey, if they can't get highest coaster count anymore, they may always try to get "Most Red roller coasters in one park", so we never know!

Funny how if you take into account the coasters that have red or blue involved in any way (spine, rails, or columns) there is Blue Streak, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, Maverick, Magnum, TTD, Iron Dragon, Mantis, and the blue columns on Wicked Twister. And don't forget the Red and Blue trains on Gemini!

Wonder if we'll get something golden or purple like Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens?

Funny how if you take into account the coasters that have red or blue involved in any way (spine, rails, or columns) there is Blue Streak, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, Maverick, Magnum, TTD, Iron Dragon, Mantis, and the blue columns on Wicked Twister. And don't forget the Red and Blue trains on Gemini!

Haha, nice observation.

Wonder if we'll get something golden or purple like Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens?

Purple, orange, white, or black...those are the colors they don't have in use for any of their tracks. Maybe they'll try to match it with the beach? If that's the case, I can see orange or maybe even that nice looking grayscale someone posted earlier coming into reality.

KevinL332 said:

djDaemon said:

extra $$ or your wait time for the big coasters is increased

That Ouimet had nothing to do with.

Wasnt it Ouimet that started Fast Pass at KI last year and implamented it in CP this year.

Dont get me wrong I am VERY happy that Ouimet is around and it sound like he will do great things. I wanted to point out this error.

Despite the feuds Djdaemon and I had about Fast Pass, Ouimet wasn't the official CEO until this year

Whatever it is, it's gotta look good to be the icon of Cedar Point over the park entrance, that's for sure! Orange, White, and Black would look pretty awesome. I honestly don't care if we continue the "patriotical" scheme we've been following though, as long as it's a good coaster and worth all of the destruction :)

^ but to say he had "nothing" to do with is is an error. So he wasnt CEO when KI had FL implamented, but he was the one who wanted to start it as a test for CP and he made the choice to have it put in this year at CP

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Implemented***

wow I spelled a word wrong... who cares...

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Orange and black would be cool! Good ole' Halloween colors! :-)

Jeff said:

Cedar King said:
Try this...
http://park-logic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Pic2.jpg

Wrong. It has been pointed out elsewhere that ride is going somewhere else.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/small_international_parks.htm#OceanKingdom
My theory is still valid...

Last edited by Cedar King,

KevinL332 said:
^ but to say he had "nothing" to do with is is an error.

I don't think so. For one, it's reasonable to assume that Fast Lane, like Dinosaurs Alive!, was implemented at KI first, and based on the success there, was planned for CP long before Ouimet took over.

Secondly, paid FOL access is something the amusement park industry has been heading toward for quite a long time. Its arrival at CP was inevitable.

Brandon

Colors.....green track, blue supports, red trains. Representing the colors of CP's sign/logo ;)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

JW Addington said:
Colors.....green track, blue supports, red trains. Representing the colors of CP's sign/logo ;)

And the coaster following the wave on top of a giant cedar point logo.

To all the Kinzel-haters/bashers

The last 14 years under his leadership the park won best amusement park in the world consecutively.

He personally replied to letters written to him about the parks (and not with a generic template letter)

He was also responsible for a lot of coasters in the park.

Give him some slack for tough decisions he had to make in an industry that relies completely on discretionary income during the worst economic downturn since the great depression.

I hope Mr. Ouimet can fill his shoes and do even better... There's is only one constant, and that is change. Embrace it, or continue to be a cynical cry baby.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^ Amen :)

To the "cut him some slack" post:

Yes, Cedar Point has been named best amusement park in the world 14 years running. A roller coaster heavy park being voted best amusement park by a group of roller coaster superfans? Call me stunned.

His GM's should have been responding to those letters but he never heard the word "empowerment".

Lots of coasters in yester years might be defined as an imbalance of attractions today.

If the energy, feelings and general mood of your workforce is any indication of one's leadership then I think it is safe to say that Mr. Ouimet is filling Kinzel's shoes just fine.

I don't know when the Ouimet era officially begins in terms of new attractions at parks. I've been under the impression that this year's capital is largely Kinzel's doing with some not so insignificant changes made by Ouimet. I am disappointed in the loss of "family" friendly atractions but maybe Ouimet is just efforting to make the best of a tough hand that he was dealt.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

+1 internets to Chief.

Goodbye MrScott

John

XS NightClub said:
Give him some slack for tough decisions...

You don't get slack for running a public company and trying to sell it way below value, screwing your investors in the process, all unnecessarily. The guy got the company in trouble for overpaying for parks, he tried to sell several, one was a total disaster.

I'm pretty comfortable having a guy in charge who successfully ran what is arguable the most iconic theme park of all time.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

What do you guys think of Falcon for a name? Seems to fit the wing expereience and goes along with Raptor that will be by it.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Raptor has more of a "Madonna, one name" feel to it to me than Falcon. But something like Falcon's Fury is a little jazzy.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

I'm sticking with Angry Seagull.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service