Cedar Point 2013

Words of fun is my home park, too! I live about 15 minutes from it so hopefully I'll see him too!

Jeff said:

Wrong. It has been pointed out elsewhere that ride is going somewhere else.

I was the one that posted about the green track showing up in China. I might have jumped the gun though, as a member over at Coasterforce noticed the track pieces in China have a different job number than the track pieces photographed at the plant.

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=801166#p801166

So I am not saying that track is going to Cedar Point, just saying it might not actually be going to China.

Last edited by CP fanatic 2400,

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

We-o-we-oooo said:
I am fascinated by this new language Mr. Ouimet has invented. "We are going to focus on families" means that one of the only rides in the park that family can experience together is removed post haste, and that the only roller coasters that a family can enjoy see a swift death as well.

Stop being so short-sighted. The guy has been in charge for less than 6 months, and you're already suggesting he's a liar. Amusement parks are operated with a long term vision, and if Ouimet indeed has a family-friendly vision for the park/chain, perhaps it makes sense to allow him some time to realize that vision. And "time" means more than 6 months.

Extra $$ for dino robots

That Ouimet had nothing to do with.

extra $$ or your wait time for the big coasters is increased

two coasters removed

Only one of which Ouimet had anything to do with. And frankly, it wasn't like WildCat was long for this world regardless of who is in charge.

two family attractions removed

Two? Space Spiral, and...? Surely you're not referring to PWE, right?

increased ticket prices

This happens pretty much every year.

For all the bitching you're doing about people jumping on the pro-Ouimet bandwagon, you're no better in doing the exact opposite.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

You know, dj, I do believe you'd make a good trial lawyer. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Sustained!

Brandon

Hello, everyone! I'm a noob on here but ive been watching you guys post things every year for 5 years now... I love Cedar Point and have just graduated from high school and now going to college for mechanical engineering in hopes of some day becoming a roller coaster engineer! So I am legit Lol. Great work in predicting this coaster! I was so happy to see it was right!

A few questions.

Do you think eather of these rides being removed will find a new home?

What will happen to happy Jacks toy factory?

What other changes to that part of the midway can we expect?

I know its still a fresh announcement, but curiosity has got the best of me.

Last edited by crazy horse,

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A few answers.

No

I hope it's gone. It wasn't my favorite and the peeing babies were always just weird and out of place.

I think we will see a complete remodeling of the whole area. Hopefully they upgrade the cheese on a stick stand and maybe add in some other newer style buildings.

I'm interested in seeing if Troika gets in the way or not.

Yeah, I don't think that DT is in the condition to be moved somewhere sadly. Same with the SS, it would probably cost more to repair it with the AC issue (im sure there are many more issues) than to buy a new machine itself for another park, right? Besides I would take a brand new tower than an old one too.

On that note, I would be excited to see a new "SS" in the future 5 years.

Last edited by CPcoasterguy94,

Since the project hasn't actually been confirmed by the park yet, and the Sandusky Register said "if the site plan currently under consideration is chosen", might this also involve the removal of the stadium as well to achive "the longest track and longest ride time of any coaster of its style"? If it is the "one of the largest capital expenditures ever", you can certainly do a lot if you resell, relocate, or bulldoze in the process.

The fact that the entire front gate is going to be dominated by such a project, kind of suggests to me that a bit of the Disney touch will be added to the park along the way. Giving it some of the iconic mainstreet sort of visual recognition Cedar Point has always lacked.

I also wonder what the fate of the arcades and storage buildings in that area will face if the management really wants to "dominate the front gate". The carnival games are easy to relocate, and they likely won't have very many people objecting to the fact that a ring toss game or beanbag throw was removed in the off season.

Above all, the fact that they are installing anything new with a "very high ride reliability (less than 1 percent operational downtime)" is what excites me the most. After the startup issues over the last 10 years of just about anything new, I just hope this project breaks the track record they have of getting it into service on schedule. And, if they are going to allow Fastpass on it, at least the line will still move for those in the slowpass line.

Even if Troika Troika Troika is in the way, it's moved easily enough. They've moved it before, they could move it again. Maybe that's what the Wildcat space is for. ;-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

SteveH said:
...might this also involve the removal of the stadium as well to achive "the longest track and longest ride time of any coaster of its style"?

Not likely. The stadium is on the opposite side of WT from the proposed B&M coaster. You really wouldn't gain anything by the stadium's removal, and would in fact further reduce the non-thrill attraction lineup.

Brandon

Yeah, I don't really see the route going over by the Oceana site; not sure you'd want a ride screwing up the views on the already-kinda stacked WT and GW. But I'm all for removing the stadium and moving Troika there, with perhaps another flat.

Plus, there's a LOT of space that will be vacated by the removal of DT and SS. Sure, parts of it will probably fly over the parking lot, but people don't need to get worked up about a "parking lot coaster," particularly at this point where all that has been shared is a newspaper article. It does sound like there might be a dramatic loop or turn that runs over by the main gate. We'll have to see...

Giant Wheel alum from a loooong time ago.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

We were in the park last night when Ouimet and Decker walked right by us. We introduced ourselves and he asked us if we saw the news paper today. We said we heard about it on Twitter. He said it wasn't the way they would like to announce it, but that it should be fantastic. I guess they already have the ride animation because he said the video of it was amazing. The funny thing was when he introduced us to Mr. Decker and said that the new ride was all his project and if it wasn't a damn good one that it is Decker's fault.

He is very nice.

Let's Get Weird.

Mr Ouimet sounds very nice and very approachable from all the stories of people who have met up with him. So I know it was said before, but how do you pronounce his last name?

I wonder if they'll speed up official announcement now that it has leaked, I cannot wait to see video of the ride!

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^^ We-met.

Let's Get Weird.

djDaemon said:

extra $$ or your wait time for the big coasters is increased

Wasnt it Ouimet that started Fast Pass at KI last year and implamented it in CP this year.

Dont get me wrong I am VERY happy that Ouimet is around and it sound like he will do great things. I wanted to point out this error.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

SO excited about the news. This is the first roller coaster I'll actually be old enough to remember them building (minus Maverick, and some sketchy memories of Dragster).

I saw the discussion earlier regarding the name and color choices for the ride..I really can't make any solid guesses on the color, but i'd like to say chances are it won't be red, haha. Maverick, Magnum, TTD, Iron Dragon, and Mantis (sorta)...hey, if they can't get highest coaster count anymore, they may always try to get "Most Red roller coasters in one park", so we never know!

How are Woodstock Express and Iron Dragon not coasters "that a family can enjoy ?"

Ouimet did not become CEO until January 1st. Even if he pushed for FL, Kinzel would have had the final say.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service