Cedar Point 2013

I've never seen Wild Eagle, but I believe it is a terrain coaster. Dollywood cheats with the 210' height spec. as the drop is only 135'. If the Register is correct, CP's coaster will have a lift hill height of 170' with a drop probably of 160' - 165', significantly taller than Wild Eagle.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Jason Hammond said:
Height records are based on bottom of hill to top of hill, not surrounding grade elevation differences.

Except when they're not. The drop height is rarely mentioned on any of CP's three tallest rides.

I'm not sure I'd call Wild Eagle a terrain coaster. The bottom half of the lift and the station hug the ground, but the station is a good 30 feet+ above the midway.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Haha! I love how the 2012 Season just started and were talking about and getting ready for the 2013 changes... Gotta love us Cedar Point geeks!.lol

Ride On, Ride Warriors

^You must be new... lol

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

CoasterJunkie-91 said:
Haha! I love how the 2012 Season just started and were talking about and getting ready for the 2013 changes... Gotta love us Cedar Point geeks!.lol

We're all proud of it :)

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Renegade said:
Wild Eagle
Height - 210 ft (64 m)
Drop - 135 ft (41 m)

Your correct, my mistake. I thought the 210' was from the midway.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Unless CP makes an announcement soon, I will try and not jump out of my char :/

Just a guess, but I think the entrance will be over near DT (well where it used to be next year) and lift towards the front, do the drop then maybe an inversion right by the front gates like it says, then head back over towards DT area. That would be the statement it would be making right at the front. Just a guess though.

Can we get a detailed ride review of Wild Eagle, Jeff?

Still not on RCDB though...

Cedar King said:
Unless CP makes an announcement soon, I will try and not jump out of my char :/

I'm with you! I'll believe it when I see it ;)

I'm dissapointed a little for the fact that the Sandusky Register really spilled the beans here. I wanted to be surprised, but instead they practically just gave it away. I was hoping they would hint by using words like they did for Shoot the Rapids back in 2009. Oh well, at least we all know to get our last rides in for Disaster Transport since they hinted that this is the last season for it.

^If you wanted to be surprised, you wouldn't be on this website.

I was shocked when I saw the headline on the front page. I knew the Sandusky Register was leaking something today but I thought it would be something like, sources report a coaster is coming to Cedar Point in 2013. I was shocked.

Maverick00 said:
I was shocked when I saw the headline on the front page. I knew the Sandusky Register was leaking something today but I thought it would be something like, sources report a coaster is coming to Cedar Point in 2013. I was shocked.

Same Here... But do we really need a wingrider? I like what some guys said a bit ago...(i made a list(i like lists))

Tall

Fast

O&B

No mid course or trims

AIRTIME!!!

Long

And great veiws!

Leave the hypercoaster alone

I hope it's named something cool...

I would be disappointed if it was something like 'winged-rider' or 'on the wings of love'... or something like that.

Maverick00 said:
Still not on RCDB though...

Duane tends not to post anything until either the ride starts going up or when a park makes an announcement.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

rollerdog11 said:
Same Here... But do we really need a wingrider?

What do we REALLY need? At this point, the answer is a roller coaster. Be happy.

^ here we go, should we start throwing some names out there for the new ride? Just in case there is another facebook fan "name the new coaster" contest. So we don't end up with a wing rider called "Son of Raptor Rules the beach".

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

AwesomeXL-400000!!!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service