Cedar Point 2013

tcgolfer said:
I disagree. In the absence of T&T they may be trying to build support for their fan page. I bet they would gain a HUGE fan base if they were to play a teasing game with the fans of Cedar Point about a new ride.

Then why would they be letting the Sandusky Register to expose info on it? I doubt the Register's teaser would be enough to get any serious spike in their fan base. Plus, seeing that their fanbase is already HUGE (1,029,702 followers on FB as well as the various themepark forums), wouldn't a "tease" make more sense on their Facebook page? I have a feeling the Register is doing this of their own accord and don't release anything real revealing. Something like "OUR TOP STORY: We have found secret information that points out that Cedar Point is indeed planning to build something for the 2013 season!! We don't have any real info......except that it's new and will be announced sometime this year!!"

But that's just me.......I'm just not holding my breath (says the boy who cried footer) ;)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'm not saying they are going to have any 'real' information or anything like that. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if they did and would release teasers to help build their own fan base.

I would agree though. If anyone were to let out any real teasers it would be CP on their own Facebook page to their million plus fans. I sure hope they do too. I think we all miss the thrill of hints being dropped.

99er said:
Why does everyone say it has to begin soon? It really does not have to no matter what the size of coaster it could be.

Most coaster construction begins around June or July.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

With, (of course) the exception of Dragster and Maverick. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Chances are it'll just be a teaser about the announcement announcing when the announcement will be.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I still think it'll be announced during Coastermania. Nothing says that that's too early, Millennium was announced on July 22. The reason I think it'll be so early is because they will have to remove Disaster Transport and close off that area of the park.

Maverick00 said:
Most coaster construction begins around June or July.

What Cedar Point coasters started construction in June or July?

Well Maverick started in February, Dragster started around July I think, not sure about WT, Millennium started around June/July, maybe earlier.

I know Magic Mountain and California's Great America have already started construction on their 2013 coasters. It all depends but you usually will start to see stuff around late June, early July.

Dragster technically started in March/April and I am pretty sure Millennium was either late August or September. What I am saying is that just because other parks start early (the two you named operate 365) does not mean Cedar Point follows along. Almost all of the past construction projects have been started in the fall or even later. It seems like ever since TTD/Maverick, everyone believes the only way to build a new coaster is to start at the beginning of the summer season. Raptor, one of the largest projects ever done at Cedar Point, didn't even start until September with vertical construction starting in November.

Maverick00 said:
I still think it'll be announced during Coastermania. Nothing says that that's too early, Millennium was announced on July 22. The reason I think it'll be so early is because they will have to remove Disaster Transport and close off that area of the park.

Construction could begin even later than the dates you listed. I know everyone wants to see DT go but that hasn't been stated yet either. It's all heresay and something from Screamscape. They could do a lot of construction in that area of the park when the park goes on weekend only operation. It's possible.

I believe it may be announced during CoasterMania as well, especially after the "hint dropping" with ACE.

99er said:
Dragster technically started in March/April and I am pretty sure Millennium was either late August or September. What I am saying is that just because other parks start early (the two you named operate 365) does not mean Cedar Point follows along.

California's Great America isn't open 365. Their season is only about 2 1/2 months longer than Cedar Points. I believe they really wanted to get the ball rolling on that project though because it was postponed for so long. I'll agree with you, a project can start at any time and as you stated, Raptor is a perfect example of that.

CoasterKid20 said:

Maverick00 said:

Construction could begin even later than the dates you listed. I know everyone wants to see DT go but that hasn't been stated yet either. It's all heresay and something from Screamscape. They could do a lot of construction in that area of the park when the park goes on weekend only operation. It's possible.

I believe it may be announced during CoasterMania as well, especially after the "hint dropping" with ACE.

99er said:
Dragster technically started in March/April and I am pretty sure Millennium was either late August or September. What I am saying is that just because other parks start early (the two you named operate 365) does not mean Cedar Point follows along.

California's Great America isn't open 365. Their season is only about 2 1/2 months longer than Cedar Points. I believe they really wanted to get the ball rolling on that project though because it was postponed for so long. I'll agree with you, a project can start at any time and as you stated, Raptor is a perfect example of that.

Exactly, your on-point with Raptor. They relocated midway carousel, modified Turnpike cars, cleared land and built Raptor between Labor Day 1993 and Opening day 1994.

I was thinking today....

Behemoth debuted at Wonderland in 2008 for $26 million. Diamondback, a second 230 ft B&M Hyper opened at King's Island in 2009 for $22 million. Is there anything that could lead us to believe that after opening Leviathan at Wonderland this year for $28 million, CP may receive a B&M Giga for an equally reduced price (and therefore fitting into the $25 million capital investment that was reported?). Leviathan stands DIRECTLY on top of another coaster in the park (Dragon Fyre) and extends far into the parking lot to the front gate. A Giga would definitely fit over the DT building, and be equally as cool at CP's front gate (on the right side). As well, the hourly capacity for the ride is incredible, trains were CRANKING out of the station when I was there on monday, which could be something CP would be interested in. The longest the line was all day ran about 20 min.

The real question is, does CP want/need another 300 ft tall coaster?

Fav Coaster credits of 2012 season...

The Voyage, Leviathan, Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, The Legend, Flight of Fear

I stand corrected.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Well I figured space spiral was gone the minute they put up windseeker....I will miss DT though....I only have one thing to ask, anyone got a time machine so I dont have to wait a year to experience this thing???

Last edited by KATSDADA,

If anyone hasn't heard or read the article in the Sandusky Register Cedar Point will build the tallest, fastest, longest B&M wing rider, which will replace DT and SS. I have a couple of thoughts. First off I'm sad to see DT and SS go as those were some of the few rides that someone who didn't like the bigger faster roller coasters while removing DT also doesn't help the coaster count. However I can't wait for this ride; if it is the tallest, fastest, longest wing rider that means that Cedar Point is getting a coaster that is at least over 3127 feet long, and faster than 61 mph. I've heard that it will even reach 170 feet tall which by comparison is 10 feet taller than Mean Streak! Who can complain about that?

The prospects for this ride are exciting... but I am not going to get my hopes up until I hear an official statement from Cedar Point.

Sorry Rainingmaize, but it won't be the tallest. Think that belongs to Dollywood due to location. As the article states, "“longest drop, run the fastest and be the longest ride""

Can't wait to hear more about it!

Height records are based on bottom of hill to top of hill, not surrounding grade elevation differences.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Otherwise Dragon Mountain would be listed as 18 feet tall...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Jason Hammond said:
Height records are based on bottom of hill to top of hill, not surrounding grade elevation differences.

Wild Eagle
Height - 210 ft (64 m)
Drop - 135 ft (41 m)

Edit - I agree with this. Dollywood had to make the lift longer to crest the top of the hill. Ergo, visa vi, cordially, Cedar Point will likely not have the tallest of it's kind, despite having a more impressive (hopefully) roller coaster!

Last edited by Renegade,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service