Cedar Point 2013

Maverick00 said:
There's going to be hundreds of markings just like there is every year, but only some will be for the coaster and those are the ones in the parking lot and around SS.

I was not aware that there was an official ride announcement, especially one with specific detail.

There wasn't, just that gut feeling :)

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Ahh yes, because that gut feeling has been working oh so well for all of us in the past few years.

-Mike

Minime15834 said:
Ahh yes, because that gut feeling has been working oh so well for all of us in the past few years.

Just for fun, I'd love to see somebody take the time to compile all the "sure thing" rumors or even the not so definite rumors of what CP was supposed to have gotten by year, since GTTP started, just to see how close or how out of left field the thoughts were. I feel like comparing the predictions vs. the real thing could be quite humorous.

Travis Lea said:
i noticed 1 segment out. Most likely a mfr defect. Overall, looks great! better than the cheap carnival lights that were on it.

I couldn't agree more!! Looks absolutely amazing! I hope that they add more of these to more rides in the future. Mf looks good with the flood lights but could you imagine if they put the same lights from the wheel on the first drop?

I like the idea of taking away the building around Disaster Transport. I
didn't consider it a great ride when it made it's debut as Avalanche Run, but I remember it being fun to watch and the beach remained in clear view .
The name could be changed to one that relates to the beach(not Avalanche Run). Extending the corner area near Space Spiral eastward towards the parking lot could accommodate the entrance to a new ride. Possibly even connect near Ocean Motion to create a full square and really open up that midway. I'd like to see a coaster similar to Millennium Force and/or Magnum that really travels . The station would be near DT but the course would extend along the north edge of the parking lot with some trees on one side and sand on the other. Out and back. It wouldn't be in the perimeters of the actual park but neither is Magnum, and a few people like that ride. MF....no mid course brakes...Magnum.. one set of trims right? These are groundbreaking rides that are immensely popular today and It would be great to see yet another.

I'm not "ANTI" any coaster or it's style, brand or it's inversions. But rather, I'm Pro Giga, Hyper, brakeless, camelback bunnyhop, lap bar, tunnel, airtime with a view. (=

The only coaster I am 'ANTI' is a Zac Spin.

I've been an avid CP patron for about 8 years now (around 4 visits a year), but due to CP's lack of new attractions that appealed to my boyfriend and I, in May 2011 and then again this past week, we have decided to leave Canada and explore some of America, on long roadtrips to visit some other east coast parks with different coasters/rides.

Having visited Six Flags Great Adventure in 2011, and then Holiday World and Dollywood last week, I can truly say that if CP wants to remain 'competitive' in the thrill ride department, they do need to build a world-class wooden coaster, from any of the leading companies. The Voyage, Thunderhead and especially imo El Toro, put CP's coasters to shame (steel OR wood). It is clear that CP and Cedar Fair's priorities are more family oriented, and both The Voyage and Thunderhead seemed to skew towards a family crowd when we rode them numerous times (El Toro not so much, for whatever reason). Voyage was 6 mil, Thunderhead was 7 mil, couldn't find the cost of El Toro, but that would leave plenty of money out of the alleged 25 million going to capital investments for a second coaster, of whatever size, as well as money for other improvements. So a wooden coaster does seem to possibly accomodate some of the rumours/facts/bull**** that is floating around out there (in need of a decent woody/the new family focus/price range/two possible coasters).

The other thing I wanted to quickly address was the odd hate for Wing coasters. After having just taken 7 rides on Wild Eagle at Dollywood during our one day in the park, I have to say, I was incredibly impressed. It may not provide the most intense 'forces' I've encountered, but it was a unique ride experience that gave me some 'wow' moments (the first drop is truly cool).

As well, I'd be VERY happy if they took some of this 25 million and used it to provide free soft drinks and sunscreen to patrons, just like Holiday World. If CP doesn't add anything again this year that interests me, I fully plan on returning to Holiday World due to its incredible customer service and fantastic waterpark (I'd take another ride on their new water coaster Mammoth ANYDAY over a 50th ride on MF or Maverick).

Fav Coaster credits of 2012 season...

The Voyage, Leviathan, Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, The Legend, Flight of Fear

I don't understand where anyone gets off saying Wild Eagle isn't intense. I did 10 laps on it a couple of weeks ago, eight of which I did in a row (switching up seats), and I should have quit at 6. That thing pulls serious G's in the pull-outs and the turns.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I can't wait to ride it next month. What do you think is better, Jeff, Wild Eagle or Mystery Mine?

Let's Get Weird.

ConneautlakeBluestreak said:
I'm not "ANTI" any coaster or it's style, brand or it's inversions. But rather, I'm Pro Giga, Hyper, brakeless, camelback bunnyhop, lap bar, tunnel, airtime with a view. (=

Exactly my thoughts too.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I would say exhilarating is a good word for Wild Eagle. Perhaps due to having just been on The Voyage and The legend the day previously, I didn't find it as 'intense' as those rides

Fav Coaster credits of 2012 season...

The Voyage, Leviathan, Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, The Legend, Flight of Fear

Sandusky Register has something on their Facebook page about info on a new ride. No details, though, except to read the paper tomorrow.

Since they are saying they have the "scoop" I would say they are playing the teasing game and this "announcement" won't amount to much. It's a bit early in the year to be announcing next year's plans unless they need to start doing some obvious site work.

Maybe the new "ride" is a shuttle to Toft's to tour ice cream production.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Chief Wahoo said:
Since they are saying they have the "scoop" I would say they are playing the teasing game and this "announcement" won't amount to much. It's a bit early in the year to be announcing next year's plans unless they need to start doing some obvious site work.

I was just thinking the same thing. If they had any real info, I'm sure they would have reported it right away instead of waiting.

I disagree. In the absence of T&T they may be trying to build support for their fan page. I bet they would gain a HUGE fan base if they were to play a teasing game with the fans of Cedar Point about a new ride.

^I can totally see that. It makes perfect sense to me at least.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Well if it is a coaster, construction will have to begin soon.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Why does everyone say it has to begin soon? It really does not have to no matter what the size of coaster it could be.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service