Cedar Point 2013

SSL488 said:
And for those who care, point pixels posted some pictures under a project 2013 folder showing some markings that go all the way into the parking lot.

Wow those are a lot of markings, and they cover a large area.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

^ Yeah, In my opinion, the markings in the parking lot are the most important. Why else would they need to trace gas and electrical lines all the way out into the parking lot unless something was going to go there.

Kevinj said:
Oh no; we're back to a rotating restaurant rumor? How did this happen?

History does truly repeat itself.

Oh my God, that was 10 seasons ago already!

^^

to mark where Space Spiral would fall when they chop it down with an ax?

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Or when they implode it like this:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSK30Cx0HQ0>

TwistedWicker77 said:
Or when they implode it like this:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSK30Cx0HQ0>

[url][url]

Do you need a fastpass to watch the implosion? Lol

No..... but there is a 5 dollar up charge

I was in the park yesterday. I did notice that there are some markings within the picnic pavilion. But I doubt anything will be going in there. It is probably just for some maintenance.

I also rode DT and did not notice that there were any footers

^ Don't feel bad I didn't notice them either!

It'll be interesting to see how construction starts on the coaster. If it is indeed going in the parking lot, I wonder how much of it will be closed off.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I also there yesterday. I went by the SPACE SPIRAL and around the MAXAIR, and In saw the Markings too.

Mr. Cedar Point said:
I also there yesterday. I went by the SPACE SPIRAL and around the MAXAIR, and In saw the Markings too.

+1 cookie

For the record regarding Space Spiral, "The tower itself is 330 feet tall and is securely anchored with a foundation going 30 feet below ground level."

I rode Space Spiral A LOT as a child!

I heard once that it was the first amusement ride over 300 feet in the world, is that true?

Was there again tonight.... anyone else notice a couple sections of the new lighting out on the Ferris wheel?? Hopefully they fix it soon (because it looks absolutely amazing when all lit up) but seeing how they have dealt with upkeep when it comes to lighting and effects in the past it will probably end up looking like the 'chasing' lights in DT.

I'd think they'd have that fixed for the debut of Luminosity.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I spotted markings over by the kiddie bumper car area. This seems weird because I cannot see a footer being placed that far out for whatever roller coaster this might be.

There's going to be hundreds of markings just like there is every year, but only some will be for the coaster and those are the ones in the parking lot and around SS.

Shawn Meyer said:
This seems weird because I cannot see a footer being placed that far out for whatever roller coaster this might be.

Not every marking equals a footer. In fact, most that you are able to see on the midways probably have nothing to do with footers.

i noticed 1 segment out. Most likely a mfr defect. Overall, looks great! better than the cheap carnival lights that were on it.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service