Cedar Point 2013

+1 Chief, I'm looking forward to Luminosity, what happens in 2013 will be announced soon enough.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Chief Don't spoil our fun. You should go to the park and have fun but who said looking around for 20mins while not in a hour long line a waste of time. I personally find it much more fun to spot old markers then queue for dragster for 2 hours.

Speaking of markers, I ran across one while I was at EPCOT yesterday. It was a pin in concrete on the midway coming out of Mexico. It actually said on the pin "Disney World Survey Marker" and had a few numbers engraved in it. Found that interesting, as if they have them all over for reference points for future development.

I get what you're saying chief. But at least an hour or two of my time in the park consists of just walking around and site seeing to give me a break from the rides. And during that time walking around I try to look for new things popping up.

99er said:
Speaking of markers, I ran across one while I was at EPCOT yesterday. It was a pin in concrete on the midway coming out of Mexico. It actually said on the pin "Disney World Survey Marker" and had a few numbers engraved in it. Found that interesting, as if they have them all over for reference points for future development.

Those survey markers have been there for a long time and are actually in all of the parks. Kind of an Easter Egg of sorts. It's fun to spot them. Not really a marker for future development however. :)

http://www.disneydispatch.com/content/columns/the-626/2011/11-disne...y-markers/

They are fun to find.

I figured they had been there for a long time and I didn't actually mean the one I found was just installed for some secret new attraction but rather, like I said, a reference point so as not to have to continually survey common areas over the years. Something I will keep an eye out for though when I am in the parks tomorrow.

Jeff said:
We'll all be waiting anxiously for a full report.

You know I'm sure there are people here that will be. Not all of us know what's coming in 2013, you might not know but I'm sure you got a pretty good idea.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Do you think it would be possible to turn SS into a restaurant?

There isn't enough room on that thing to handle a hot dog cart.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

The could pull that off if they complected redesigned the cabin... as it stands now no way not gonna happen.

I dont see it happening in the near future. And for those who care, point pixels posted some pictures under a project 2013 folder showing some markings that go all the way into the parking lot.

Last edited by SSL488,

Kind of a cool idea if it was feasible.

If it was possible, I believe kinzel would have already installed a lemon chill stand in it, or at least a vending machine

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Oh no; we're back to a rotating restaurant rumor? How did this happen?

History does truly repeat itself.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:
Oh no; we're back to a rotating restaurant rumor? How did this happen?

History does truly repeat itself.

Let me clarify... It wasn't a rumor, I was simply asking if it was possible to do. I have not heard of any plans for it, just thought it would fit the theme for opening up new views of the beach (and yes I am aware that this is not a new view). As for it being moved it would cost more than its worth to move it to another section of the park, I'm sure that they would simply add a more up to date ride than move it. A possible refurb is feasible though.

Chief Wahoo said:
I've already seen a bunch of pictures and I haven't seen anything interesting. Here is a thought: enjoy the moment.

So if you want to enjoy the moment why did you look at a bunch of pictures?

TTD 120mph said:
Yea it looked like a seemingly new footer. Though it could have been the lighting in the big room that made it look a certain way. But if it is a new footer......it's no baby footer. And again, it was a quick glance so take it for what you will. I can not confirm anything. When I rode again to get another look at it, the lights that were lit on the floor were off..........so yea.

I'm just reporting what I saw to give everyone something to look for and get further opinions on what I saw......or didn't see.

We were on DT on Tuesday and saw a large concrete platform like thing in the large room. I don't recall seeing it before so I don't know if it is new or not. It would be a pretty big footer.

Makes me wonder if the new roller coaster will go through Disaster Transport or Avalanche run? Like I said a couple pages ago, I heard a rumor of them just taking down the building for Disaster Transport and returning it back to Avalanche Run. I don't know why they would do that since they spent like $5 million back in 1990 to enclose it.

Because Dick is gone and the new CEO realizes it is a disaster.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

If the ride was lame in the late 80's so they had to cover it, why would they open it back up?

To take it to new levels of lame?

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service