Cedar Point 2013

That Crazy Dan said:
I'm not sure how feasible a pier into the lake would be, though that would be awesome, it'd definitely be more than $25 million especially to fully outfit it.

A new pier is being built in St. Petersburg Florida for under 50 million. I do not see any reason to think a smaller pier could not be in the plans, because for 50 million the new pier is going to be enormous.

djDaemon said:
Think about the idea of installing a single footer inside a building that is destined to be torn down. I only say "destined" in a hypothetical sense, because if there were a footer in there for a new ride, the building would obviously have to come down.

Why would they install a footer in a condemned building? What would be the reason for such a move? The only reason I can think of would be to hide said footer. But that's not in keeping with how CF has tackled construction projects in the past - Diamondback's footers/planters being the most recent example I can think of, and of course there's Maverick and countless other examples. If the project timeline determined that footers needed to be poured now, they'd simply start pouring footers now, evidence be damned. In short, it's unreasonable and irrational to assume CF is interested in hiding a footer. And this is to say nothing of the added cost of "hiding" this footer.

So, suggesting the company is doing something that has no rational or reasonable purpose is, by definition, absurd. That's not to say it's impossible. But something can be simultaneously possible and absurd. :)

The only reason I picked on you is because you should know better, being a veteran of CP/CF construction projects. There are more than enough asinine theories flying around without you tossing a bottle of Everclear on the proverbial fire. ;)

Ahhh, so they could very well be counting on it to appear as asinine as it may seem to throw us off the idea of looking for evidence in DT all together. ;)

Bah, I'm thinking I should just not bother reporting findings. I report something for the first time and it blows up in my face. So I'll leave the irrationality to everyone else.

Consider my bellow stashed away. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

That Crazy Dan said:
but you're certainly not getting any points by claiming that it'll be useful solely to attract geezers.

I was joking about the geezer thing( do I really have to say "mature" individuals to be politically correct?). The peir does not have to have rides on it, but just a place to take a stroll and enjoy the atmosphere. There is nothing else like it for miles, mabe Chicago.

Yeah, but that's also a pier in Florida, where everything doesn't freeze over for three or four months.

I'm curious how deep it is and whether there's a big drop-off or not on that side of the penninsula, since there really isn't anything out into the water on that side, even with the beach, vs. the marina side. I get the sense, though, that there's probably been some quiet feasibility studies or what have you about weather, or the winter, but I feel if they were going to build anything out onto the lake they would've done it a while ago.

...AND... if Cedar Point got a pier, they could upcharge $5.00 to go on it!

They charge 50 cents to go out on pier 60 at clearwater beach haha.

OK... I'll spill the beans. Looping woody that goes under water and through Disaster Transport. You saw it here first.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

It would be a much better trick if it went through the Giant Wheel :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Jeff said:
OK... I'll spill the beans. Looping woody that goes under water and through Disaster Transport. You saw it here first.

You forgot, it's going to have the world's first Ski Jump element too! Just have to hope the landing and re-tracking isn't too harsh on the passengers or the trains, wouldn't want it to go the same way as Maverick's heartline roll after all.

The best idea would be to close the magnum with caution rope. Then everyone could discuss the rumor of it sinking. Then by season end announce the magnum XL 400 and break all records.

Jeff, you mentioned that it goes underwater, but forgot to mention that the portion that goes underwater, dives underneath the new pier! Doing a couple corkscrews right over the pier, in and out of the water.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Actually it will be reincorporating the old heartline roll from Maverick AND the old loop from Son of Beast.
...and the wraparound corkscrew from Drachen Fire.
...and the support towers from Vertigo.

We all just took this waaaay to far :)

I heard it was going to be a 25 foot tall, 10 MPH coaster. Rumors call it The Switchback Railway. I can't wait!!!

I heard it will be a 400 foot ZacSpin. My source wishes to remain anonymous.

Jeff, you mentioned that it goes underwater, but forgot to mention that the portion that goes underwater, dives underneath the new pier! Doing a couple corkscrews right over the pier, in and out of the water.

I'm sure we'll get a coaster that goes over the lake eventually, they only have enough land to build on after all. :p

Also, I see someone debunked the rumor of the green track pieces. I'm kind of happy for that, as it means there's still a chance we could be getting a 4th dimension. B-)

Jeff said:

Trying to throw everyone off the trail. Most seem to have fell for it, but some of us aren't going to overlook your last comment quite so easily. Going to go google "tits" to see what pops up, as I'm in full on detective mode.

I'm heading to the park on Friday so I'll try to look around the DT area and on the beach and get some pictures if I can find anything interesting.

We'll all be waiting anxiously for a full report.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I've already seen a bunch of pictures and I haven't seen anything interesting. Here is a thought: enjoy the moment.

If I spent my days worrying about what my child will do when he is 10 I think I'd be missing a lot of what he is doing when he is 9.

Something is coming. It will likely be announced in August or September in order to generate Annual Pass sales for 2013. Oh, and they will raise the parking fee $1 sometime in mid August.

There...everything you need to know.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service