Cedar Point 2013

We'll get to watch and see what they do with SS.

Besides, soon it will be time to complain about CP's 2014 addition(s)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

I'd like to see a ride like Buzz Lightyear or Toy Story Mania at Disney World. I think that would be perfect.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Feed the troll! Fanboy's are thier favorite food!

Shawn Meyer said:
Annie, what I meant to say was I have done Windseeker a couple of times before park closing, but usually I try to get that last ride on Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, or Raptor before I leave for the night.

Shawn, glad to hear you try grabbing a last ride on coaster....I was a little worried...Haha!

Welcome back riders! How was your ride? (my son loves saying it..lol)

My first ride on Windseeker was at night and it was really pretty looking at the whole park with all the lights. My mom was nervous but it really didn't scare me. It kind of felt weird when we were higher than Wicked Twister. (This was before I had ridden any of the rides taller than Mean Streak, besides SS.)

At the top. Some sort of weird feeling hit me like, this is the same height as Millennium Force. I imagined I was on MF going down the hill. Then, I got nervous and a gust of wind blew against us and I felt like I was going to fall off into the lake.

I agree with Pete, Something about the Starflyers just seem flimsy and no matter how new they look. They look like they are going to fall apart.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Red Garter Rob said:
It's not a single point failure system.

Correct, the system is not. The arm itself is. Together with the failsafe cable, each arm system has two points of failure for each seat pair.

By comparison, the Star Flyers have six points of failure - the weakest link in each of the six chains holding each seat pair.

Brandon

Kind of random but I was just wondering if anyone has seen any signs of GateKeeper's track at the B&M plant. I have no idea how long ahead they need to get the pieces ready but it seems like they would need to have some ready by now. If anyone sees anything I think it's definitely worth sharing.

How long does it take to completely construct/mold/bend/paint one piece of B&M track at the factory?

It takes about a week for a single piece to be made according to this article on NewsPlusNotes.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

CP fanatic 2400 said:
It takes about a week for a single piece to be made according to this article on NewsPlusNotes.

Awesome article! Thanks! They said once they get started they can pump out about 15 pieces of track in a week. If they can pump them out that fast, they might not have started welding Gatekeeper track yet. Which might explain that there hasn't been any sightings. Does anyone know exactly how many pieces of track Gatekeeper has?

There seems to be a white building that has been constructed in the Preferred Parking lot. What could this be?

Last edited by SSL488,

If I had to guess, it would be construction offices. Which is kind of add, as they generally use trailers like these.

Brandon

Isn't there a triathalon this weekend? I am assuming it would be for that. It looks too flimsy and temporary for construction offices.

Nick

Ahh, yes, that makes more sense.

Brandon

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:Does anyone know exactly how many pieces of track Gatekeeper has?

Well judging by the pic of the track on the flatbed, i'd say each piece is ~40'. At 4164', that would be ~104 sections. At 15 per week that's about 7 weeks to build the track... but that's not including the supports

Where did you see a pic of Gatekeeper track on a flatbed?

I didn't see gatekeeper track, i was referencing the article posted earlier.

Is that GateKeeper track that I see on the webcam? Looks like a couple of curved pieces, but I can't quite tell...

Giant Wheel alum from a loooong time ago.

It doesn't look light blue enough, and why would they put curved pieces of track standing up?

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service