Cedar Point 2013

Funny thing...eventhough, we didn't ride WS @ KD, KI or Carowinds, I did tell my son that we should consider riding just for a different view. KI & KD both have Eiffel towers so, you get the same view minus the spinning:) At Carowinds, there's a skytower. On another note, we aren't fans of WS...just not thrilling!

Neither the Windseekers or Starflyers would be thrilling if they ran 10 feet off the ground, pleasurable yes, but not thrilling. The thrill comes from being so high up, that the amount of thrill is proportional to the amount of acrophobia an individual has.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Watched Full Throttle video & read details...not impressed! Although aesthetically the Top Hat looks pretty neat, how is it different from, let's say, the 2nd hill of MF, in terms of sensation? Also, are there 2 tunnels or just one? Another point, there are people who won't ride bc they don't care for backwards or upside down....I, personally, don't handle backwards well!

GK will be a whole new feeling of sensation....no rails above or below & diving through key holes. Not sure about the rest of you but it will be a entire new experience for me - can't wait!!

WindSeeker can be thrilling at least at CP, once you get a ride on it and a strong gust of wind comes off the lake everyone lets out a little scream at the top. It was actually fairly intense when those arms sway from the gust. I wouldn't consider WS a top main attraction, it was a nice cheap filler type ride that adds just alittle more variety to the parks and adds to the skyline.

Last edited by gtpsuper24,

Pete said:
...the amount of thrill is proportional to the amount of acrophobia an individual has.

And also related to the understanding that there is a single point of failure of the arm holding the seat. Though there is the cable as a failsafe, but still.

That scares me more than the height. :)

Brandon

^ That right there is enough of a scare factor for me. Both times I have ridden WS (once at CP and once at KI) that was on my mind about half of the time I was on the ride.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

Being that high up and having a good gust of wind come in off the lake is quite nerve racking. But I do love it. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Last night I had the pleasure of riding WS after dark, with a full moon shining on the lake. Breathtaking.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I've had such rides and they're quite special. I guess I can now see why some people hate the ride. ;)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I love riding Windseeker at night! It's so relaxing especially if your looking to ride something relaxing before the long drive home. What a view it's going to be when Gatekeeper is built. :)

djDaemon said:

Pete said:
...the amount of thrill is proportional to the amount of acrophobia an individual has.

And also related to the understanding that there is a single point of failure of the arm holding the seat. Though there is the cable as a failsafe, but still.

That scares me more than the height. :)

That never crossed my mind before...gee thanks...now I'll think of that if I happen to ride it tomorrow. (Gonna be there with a bunch of kids who have never been to the park.) I Wii admit the 1st time I rode WS, I wasn't freaked out until we were half way & I looked up to see we still had a ways to go. I said to my son, "I don't think i like this...lol" I was ok once we were at the top. I guess the rest of the ride was relaxing.

Welcome back riders! How was your ride? (my son loves saying it..lol)

It's not a single point failure system.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

That comes across my mind a lot on WS. I don't think I would be able to do the one at SFOT, being held by just a chain that high is pretty nerve racking.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Shawn Meyer said:
I love riding Windseeker at night! It's so relaxing especially if your looking to ride something relaxing before the long drive home. What a view it's going to be when Gatekeeper is built. :)

We don't ride anything relaxing before driving home. We are some of crazy people who run to get in a line just before it's shut (8 minutes after closing time) to get the last ride of the night. Usually, MF, TTD, Maverick or Raptor. Next year, it will be GK, maybe!?!

Welcome back riders! How was your ride? (my son loves saying it..lol)

What Rob said should be reassuring to people with a decent amount of acrophobia (like me). What actually impressed me about Windseeker the first time I saw it was how strong it looked. I feel comfortable and enjoy riding it, even though the height is a little nerve racking for me. As for those Star Flyer things, I don't think you could pay me to go on one, even though logically I would have to admit that the four chains are fine. They just look so fragile.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Annie, what I meant to say was I have done Windseeker a couple of times before park closing, but usually I try to get that last ride on Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, or Raptor before I leave for the night.

CP's windseeker has the best location. All the others sit by trees and offer the same views: Suburbs. CP it's like you're on an island paradise (without the tropical blue water) at Pleasure island :)

It's too bad that Disaster Transport is gone now. Now we have nothing to talk about as far as deconstruction or new construction yet.

Pete said:
As for those Star Flyer things, I don't think you could pay me to go on one, even though logically I would have to admit that the four chains are fine. They just look so fragile.

This is exactly how I feel. WindSeeker looks a lot safer than a Star Flyer.

Point Place: The New Unofficial Cedar Point Blog

http://www.pointplace.weebly.com

Shawn Meyer said:
It's too bad that Disaster Transport is gone now. Now we have nothing to talk about as far as deconstruction or new construction yet.

I'm sure we'll see some footers, that seems to be the favorite of everyone.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service