Cedar Point 2013

The front of the park seems like the place to be now. Three of the better roller coasters and some of the best flat rides.

I'm excited to see how Mavericks lines are affected early in the day.

^ I would attest that maintaining current market share might be at least one additional reason...

Captain Hawkeye said:
Key Question: How many EXTRA people will a new record-breaking coaster draw to the park?

A) Lots. (In which case, more people will clog the park)
B) Few. (In which case, no reason for CP to ever put in a new coaster)

That's not how it works.

Parks don't make upgrades in order to attract new customers. They make upgrades to keep their current customers coming back.

Brandon

Well, Six Flags built coasters in Aurora to attract new customers (5 in 2 years). We all know how that worked out.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Figured while Walt's busy I would post one of the pictures that I've taken over the past 3 days, just to give everyone a different view of the destruction of DT.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/waterdummy/WP_000120.jpg

-Miker-

Wow, it's pretty strange seeing it like, especially the view it's opened up now that the bulk of it is gone.

It's kind of funny how the entrance portion is still standing as well.

That view is gorgeous.

Brandon

It's actually rather odd at first to be able to hear Wicked Twister from out in the parking lot. I was really confused at first.

-Miker-

Where did you snap that picture from?

Thanks for the photo, WaterDummy.

Can't wait to see what that area looks like next year.

^^Skyride. The majority of the pictures I've been taking have been from the Midway or from the Premium parking lot. I decided to switch things up, now that they have a majority of the ride down.

-Miker-

FYI, picture taking is prohibited on Sky Ride.

Brandon

^ Are you sure? I have had my camera in hand while getting on and off Sky Ride and no one has ever told me I wasn't allowed.

SSL488 said:^ Are you sure? I have had my camera in hand while getting on and off Sky Ride and no one has ever told me I wasn't allowed.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/ride-policies-and-procedures
"For safety reasons, taking pictures, videotaping and filming on rides are prohibited. Picture taking is permitted on the C.P. & L.E. Railroad and Space Spiral."

Last edited by davidw,

Interesting, chalk that up to the 'stuff that I didn't know' category. Which is surprising considering I worked Sky Ride for a hot second... Whoops!

I've never honestly seen a ride-op say anything about cameras or picture taking while on the ride. If there's a problem with posting a prohibited picture, I can definitely take it down or remove the link.

Last edited by WaterDummy,

-Miker-

Are you sure? I have had my camera in hand while getting on and off Sky Ride and no one has ever told me I wasn't allowed.

I've never had any trouble with this either. I even filmed while entering the ride in the past.

I guess it has to do with the possibility of dropping the camera on people from the cabin, since it isn't enclosed. I don't think there's any harm in taking pictures from the ride as long as you're taking them without sticking your camera outside the cabin, but even if you did I'd assume you'd have a death grip on that thing. :p

^^ How about a current view of DT from the Giant Ferris Wheel now that Space Spiral is closed? That'd be nice. I'm going to try and get up there again before Labor Day and will take some pics. The demolition progress on DT was pretty quick. I've never had any problems with anyone saying something about taking pics from Giant Wheel or Skyride. You need those aerial views. Haha.

What a bunch of **** that policy is. Coasters and thrill rides, sure.

Giant Wheel and Sky Ride? Shove those rules RIGHT up your ass.

I would ride Giant Wheel, but to be totally honest, Ferris Wheels scare the crap out of me. I've done lift walks on every coaster at CP, but there's just something about Giant Wheel that I won't do.

I'll see if I can't conjure up the courage to ride Giant Wheel today.

-Miker-

Just an FYI, you're not supposed to take pics from Giant Wheel either. So you're stuck with taking pictures while on the CP&LE Railroad or from the ground that isn't occupied by a ride. Or you can rent a plane!

~Rob

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service