Cedar Point 2013

Good, more of an excuse not to ride Giant Wheel... :-)

-Miker-

PyroKinesis said:
How absurd is that policy?

Yea, safety is so DUMB!!!1!!1! LAWLZ!!!11!! Caring about hurting others is for DORKS!!!!

Brandon

You're awfully angry about a rule that's really not that big of a deal. I understand why the rule exists, and at the same time based on the nature of the ride I understand why it's enforcement on those 2 rides is very lax.

djDaemon said:

Yea, safety is so DUMB!!!1!!1! LAWLZ!!!11!! Caring about hurting others is for DORKS!!!!

People die every day in this world. EVERY SECOND there is a death. Take some risks. Have some fun. Love life.

Really? Take some risks? Grow up. And your bird crap reference is ridiculous. While a mess, that isn't going to hurt you....a DSLR dropped from 90 feet up...that could do some serious damage.

Nick

So here's a bit more of a 'legal' photo from yesterday, showing the two new banners and some of the lift hill.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/waterdummy/WP_000123.jpg

Walt has the rest of them with some pretty neat destruction from the last 3 days.

Last edited by WaterDummy,

-Miker-

Tennessee_CP_Fan said:
Really? Take some risks? Grow up. And your bird crap reference is ridiculous. While a mess, that isn't going to hurt you....a DSLR dropped from 90 feet up...that could do some serious damage.

Yeah, well you're a wimp, that's what you are. Do you know what terminal velocity is? Guess not, since no camera unless it's the size of a 1970's computer will hurt you.

New photos are up. Shots from several days, including yesterday.

http://pointbuzz.com/c/gatekeeper.aspx

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

PyroKinesis said:

Yeah, well you're a wimp, that's what you are. Do you know what terminal velocity is? Guess not, since no camera unless it's the size of a 1970's computer will hurt you.

Ok, lets do an experiment. You can stand under Sky Ride while I drop my camera on your head. You have nothing to be afraid of, since you know it won't hurt.

Alright, let's set a date. Halloweekends?

Who holds their camera out of the Skyride car? If I drop my camera, it would fall on the floor, not the midway.

Yeah, problem avoided by simply keeping yo' hands and camera inside the vehicle at all times.

Thanks again, Walt.

-Miker-

PyroKinesis said:

Well I am not gonna keep arguing with you, but as a parent, if your or anyone else's careless, "risk taking and loving life" antics ever hurt one of my kids, we would have serious issues. I think I can speak for all parents when I say that.

Aside from that....great pics guys. I can't wait for the rest of the lift and turnaround to come down. That beach view is gonna be awesome.

Nick

djDaemon said:

PyroKinesis said:
How absurd is that policy?

So your original comment wasn't said in jest?

Are cell phones not allowed on those rides as well? Cause most people don't use picture or video cameras anymore.

Last edited by xtremecoasters,

WaterDummy said:
Figured while Walt's busy I would post one of the pictures that I've taken over the past 3 days, just to give everyone a different view of the destruction of DT.

Now if they would jut cut down the trees that are blocking my view of the lake;)

PyroKinesis said:

Tennessee_CP_Fan said:

It would not only hurt you, it would most likely knock you out. Do you know what a DSLR is? If you laid on your back and I dropped mine on your face from 5 feet you'd be bleeding. I dont care how tuff you may think you are, you would feel like a wimp real fast if it hit you from 90 feet. Now if you wanna take dumb risks with your life and safety, fine. Thats natures way of weeding out the dumbasses. Putting someone elses life at risk so you can have a precious photo puts you right in that catagory.

This is why I bought a good camera so that way I can take some good quality pictures from the ground so I could get closer to my subject. I did something stupid like that on Power Tower one year and it almost cost me my day at the park. I will never try that stunt again! I have learned over the years that I don't need that picture that badly when I can just come to Cedar Point 10 times a year.

Any more pictures from skyride? That last one looks amazing! I think some pictures from the ferris wheel would give a good view too.

Just be sure to surround your camera with at least 3 ft of foam. Ohhh and wear full hockey gear, wouldn't want you tripping and skinning your knee. To many dangers in this world.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service