Cedar Point 2013

FunkyJive said:
Just be sure to surround your camera with at least 3 ft of foam. Ohhh and wear full hockey gear, wouldn't want you tripping and skinning your knee. To many dangers in this world.

I suggest a suit of armor. Much stronger and more durable than the hockey gear ;)

But seriously, what harm is taking a few pictures from Sky Ride or Giant Wheel really going to do? Unless you purposely whip your camera out of the cab, nothing's going to happen.

Point Place: The New Unofficial Cedar Point Blog

http://www.pointplace.weebly.com

If somebody was resting their wrists on the guide rail surrounding the cabin with a camera in hand, it could easily fall.

Right or wrong, the camera rule is completely un-enforceable on Sky Ride and Giant Wheel. This makes its purpose really only for lawsuit reasons.

Also, judging by what you can find on YouTube on a weekly basis, I'd say they have enough problems enforcing the rules on rides which are more heavily monitored.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

djDaemon said:
That view is gorgeous.

Enjoy it while you can, word is this new ride is going to ruin it as soon as it's built. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^ Well If your riding Gatekeeper, you'll get a nice view of the Lake Erie Beach and view of the lake as you go up.

As long as they don't seal it up in a box, we'll have some improvement! :)

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

So why isn't Cedar Point claiming Gatekeeper as the fastest winged roller coaster? They say its the longest and longest drop, but not anything for its speed? What is the deal?

There's one in China that's yet to be announced for 2013. Then we'll know.

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

The Chinese one will be doping like some of their Olympic swimmers.

So they can't claim it for now? I mean they've done it in the past? Weird...

Shawn Meyer said:
^ Well If your riding Gatekeeper, you'll get a nice view of the Lake Erie Beach and view of the lake as you go up.

It was meant as a joke referring to early arguments from another PB member that he/she didn't understand why they would be "blocking the view" of the beach with a new ride after demolishing Disaster. Regardless of how much of the view Gatekeeper takes up in relation to the beach, it will forever be 110% better than what Disaster did to the view.

Everything about this ride is going to be visually stunning.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

coolkid said:
If somebody was resting their wrists on the guide rail surrounding the cabin with a camera in hand, it could easily fall.

Which is why I use one of these :)

Point Place: The New Unofficial Cedar Point Blog

http://www.pointplace.weebly.com

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Your wrist could fall off though!!!1!

Let's Get Weird.

This is the problem. Nobody takes any accountability for themselves and ruins it for everyone, like whoever made the comment about terminal velocity, and a camera being dropped from 70 feet not hurting; um, yes it will. But, if you take a camera on sky ride and take pictures with your hands in the car then no damage or harm can be done. However, there are always idiots who have to ruin things for everyone else. There needs to be the rule because of this, but obviously it isn't enforced very much unless it is seen hanging it out of the cart, etc.

They should just install lasers around the rims of the windows that will cut your hands off if you try to move them outside the cart.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Sharks with friggin laser beams attached to their heads.

Let's Get Weird.

PyroKinesis said:
Yeah, well you're a wimp, that's what you are. Do you know what terminal velocity is? Guess not, since no camera unless it's the size of a 1970's computer will hurt you.

I know that the junior high culture is probably so ingrained in you that you truly think endangering others is cool and makes you awesome. But you'll likely learn as you start buying big boy pants that being considerate to others is a valuable virtue.

Brandon

Ever since the 1st day I visited Cedar Point, and still today. I always look up when going under the Sky Ride to look for falling objects. The things some people think are funny, are crazy sometimes.

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

2jordanr said:
So they can't claim it for now? I mean they've done it in the past? Weird...

I asked at the Q&A and they said the records they listed were all that they had in their contract. Which makes me think the one in china might have the other records. Only time will tell.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Chuck Wagon said:
Right or wrong, the camera rule is completely un-enforceable on Sky Ride and Giant Wheel. This makes its purpose really only for lawsuit reasons.

Also, judging by what you can find on YouTube on a weekly basis, I'd say they have enough problems enforcing the rules on rides which are more heavily monitored.

I did see them shut off the Maverick launch for a video camera. It was so weird, it was almost to the top of the hill and they shut it off and it just slid slowly back down. The ride op grabbed the camera and they launched again.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service