Cedar Point 2013

All this wait time talk makes me want to know is what all do you really need in the park?. i take my card my id my season pass and cash if i have it thats it. i hate have to worry about stuff all day. im there to have a great day. i dont take my phone with me any more.

Unless you have a baby or toddler who might require diapers and or a bottle, I can't imagine needing to bring anything into the park that requires a locker or bin.

The bins on the platforms are getting out of hand. When loose articles and bins can determine a coasters capacity, something needs to change.

No loose articles on rollercoasters. Period.

...and stay off my lawn!

I don't even pay attention to the wait time signs, ive been to Cecar Point enough to know what a good and bad wait is judging from the line.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Detroit Basketball said:
When loose articles and bins can determine a coasters capacity, something needs to change.

You're assuming (incorrectly, in my opinion, and based on CP/CF's success in recent years, as bins/loose articles have become more common) that the general CP-visiting population cares more about capacity than their comfort.

Brandon

Then the general CP-visiting population has their priorities messed up and needs to get their crap together, or even better, get rid of their crap all together. ;) *dripdrip*

Goodbye MrScott

John

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Holiday World's ride ops take all of the crap and put it in the bins for you.

Let's Get Weird.

I did a search, and also have read everything I could find on the subject (short of going over the thousands of posts in this thread) and still didn't see the answer:

Will Gatekeeper have separate load/unload stations ala MF? I'm assuming it will based on the three train operation, and I'm really hoping that's the case, after spending some time in line for X-Flight this year and watching the agonizingly slow load times

^ We do not have any real info on the station setup for GateKeeper at the moment, but from the rendering it appears to only have a single station for load/unload.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

As far as bins go they are necessary. CF wants you to buy souvenirs and play their games. If buying things or playing games will result in hindering your ability to enjoy the park people will skip out on them. That could result in a decent size drop in revenue.

They aren't necessary. Get a locker or keep your crap in the car. I travel with a 2-year-old and carry less crap than most people.

I can tell you from experience at Dollywood that the traffic patterns on the platform are measurably slowed down by people depositing crap in bins. They will never hit interval or potential capacity if they let people bring crap to the platform.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Ok they are not necessary but, they are good for business. I guess you could use the logic that if you can't deal with people using bins then just don't go to the park.

Or if you really want a souvenir wait until the end of the day to buy it. That's what I've always done so that way I don't have to carry it around with me all day. Ride photo? Last ride of the day. Shirt? On your way out stop at a gift shop. Really, does your super valuble, limited edition, one of a kind, shmancy overpriced souvenir HAVE to be bought anytime other than at the end of the day? Is that important for you to snuggle with that plastic cup or shirt all day long? Since I know I'd rather enjoy it in the car ride home, not in a dirty bin.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Ever heard of impulse shoppers? Yes the logical people like the ones on this site would wait til the end of the day to buy stuff but, the GP would not. I don't think the ride photo works like that. You buy it if it is a good photo. There is no guarantee that the last photo of the day will be a good one.

I just sit on my ride photo during rides or leave them with a non~rider. Problem solved.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Trying to hit interval on a coaster anywhere in the south sounds like a fool's errand to me. ;)

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

^The general public either has no idea the bins are even there or doesn't take them into consideration when they are purchasing souvenirs.

The presence of the bins has zero effect on what people buy and a massive effect on the capacity of the rides. People bought the stupid giant cups & won the tarheel basketballs long before the bins were put in place and things seemed to function just fine. It was only after the park decided to cave to the douchehorses that thought they could take their life size Spongebob or Sherpa approved backpack on the ride with them that problems arose.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

Stupid GP! I say lock them all in the Raptor line in the morning! Then we won't have to worry about their basketballs, giant stuffed bananas, and purple snakes clogging up the lines.

Last edited by Ffej,

Ride On_17 said:
...Really, does your ... overpriced souvenir HAVE to be bought anytime other than at the end of the day? ....

Well... funny you say that, but I can tell you that Disney thinks YES to that question and has an awesome system for that. At virtually any souvenir shop in Disney parks you can have them package up your purchase with a claim slip and they will deliver it to a central pick up location at the on property resort you are staying at or to a location near the front gate within a few hours. So at Disney you don't have to carry your purchases with you all day or find a locker for them. Granted I highly doubt that Cedar Point would ever implement something like that.

MaverickLaunch said:
Will Gatekeeper have separate load/unload stations ala MF?

Nope.

Jeff said:
They aren't necessary.

The same is true of benches. :)

Brandon

skiboi007 said:
So at Disney you don't have to carry your purchases with you all day or find a locker for them. Granted I highly doubt that Cedar Point would ever implement something like that.

I believe CP already has something like that, at least in the resorts aspect. Most gift shops have small signs making note of the fact your purchases can be delivered to your hotel. I think they may even mention being able to pick up your package near the front gate at the end of the night, although admittedly I haven't paid much attention to them.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service