Cedar Point 2013

Well, Diamonback at KI has a theoretical capacity of 1,620 riders per hour, and I bet they come close to that most days. That ride is an absolute beast of a people-eater. I'm sure the simple restraints (ie lack of seat belt) have something to do with that.

I cannot fathom Gatekeeper having a higher capacity than Diamondback. What with depositing crap in bins, climbing up into the seat, pulling down an OTS harness, and buckling. There are plenty of people who won't be able to do any of that on their own. Either for physical reasons, or because they are lazy, or just not paying attention.

MaverickLaunch said:
or because they are lazy, or just not paying attention.

Bingo. That's the biggest problem on Raptor, the ride ops tell you to give all of your things to one person from your row, yet you see 4 people from one row moping over to the bins.

As much as it hurts to say this, that is the America we now live in. Very sad, indeed.

Yeah, because in other countries, everyone always follows directions.

Brandon

Not comparing America to other countries. Just commenting on the decay I see in my own little world.

The last section of DT came down this morning. Take a look at that view. http://174.121.245.214/cp/PagodaCam_1024.jpg

Looks like some trees disappeared too. Loving that beach view!

Nick

At this rate, they will be dropping Space Spiral sometime next week. It makes sense to keep Troika closed for the season as well, there will be a lot of activity/trucks/cranes/etc in that area where the station will be.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Wow, that looks GREAT, it's going to look really nice next year, it looks AWESOME now!

-Benn

That looks so much better. That building was such a huge eyesore.

What a picture. Good job.

On a side note, on the foundation prints you can see separete loading for both sides, and separate exits as well. Wasn't sure if someone had mentioned that yet, but I know it had been discussed about how slow it would be to load from one side.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

How would it even be possible to load from one side? The track is in the way.

Let's Get Weird.

We-o-we-oooo said:
^The general public either has no idea the bins are even there or doesn't take them into consideration when they are purchasing souvenirs.

The presence of the bins has zero effect on what people buy and a massive effect on the capacity of the rides. People bought the stupid giant cups & won the tarheel basketballs long before the bins were put in place and things seemed to function just fine. It was only after the park decided to cave to the douchehorses that thought they could take their life size Spongebob or Sherpa approved backpack on the ride with them that problems arose.

I can see you came here to have a civil discussion. As for it having zero effect I know that I will not purchase anything unless i know i will not be riding TTD or MF. Oh look at that it had an effect

Loving that view now that DT is gone.

As a kid, that part of the midway, with the Wildcat, Jumbo Jet and Fun House used to be my favorite area of the park... mostly 'cause of the rides right along the beach. Seems like with Windseeker, WT and now GK, we're getting a little of that back.

Now what CP needs to do in a few years is get rid of the Oceana stadium and build a pier -- either with rides or without -- out over the water.

Giant Wheel alum from a loooong time ago.

Dead Sexeh said:

I can see you came here to have a civil discussion. As for it having zero effect I know that I will not purchase anything unless i know i will not be riding TTD or MF. Oh look at that it had an effect

Same. I won't play any games on the midway until the end of the day, when I know that a basketball won't get in the way of me riding Top Thrill Dragster or Millenium Force. That definitely cuts into my in park spending... I actually spent very little in the park last year, and that wasn't by design.

CPAlumni said:

Now what CP needs to do in a few years is get rid of the Oceana stadium and build a pier -- either with rides or without -- out over the water.

I'd love that. One of the few things I think Cedar Point is missing.

Last edited by Renegade,

Same. I won't play any games on the midway until the end of the day, when I know that a basketball won't get in the way of me riding Top Thrill Dragster or Millenium Force. That definitely cuts into my in park spending... I actually spent very little in the park last year, and that wasn't by design.

I'm too cheap to play any games, but if I wasn't I'd probably be the idiot who tries to take my 12 guitars with me on TTD. As much as I'm there, I always seem to forget about the no-bins situation on those two rides.

I'd love that. One of the few things I think Cedar Point is missing.

If that meant a promise of deep fried lard, cheese curts, and even more of a selection of delicious yet fattening carnival food I'd be in heaven. Deep fried cheesecake on a stick + boardwalk + Cedar point = perfection.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

Nonsense. Pay Thrashers 2 million dollars to open a shop on this "boardwalk" and then I will be up there every single day just for the fries.

We-o-we-oooo said:
The general public either has no idea the bins are even there or doesn't take them into consideration when they are purchasing souvenirs.

The presence of the bins has zero effect on what people buy and a massive effect on the capacity of the rides.

This, over and over again. Per cap didn't exactly tank when they opened Millennium Force and Dragster. Heck, it was one more chance to sell made-in-China crap with the new logos.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I find it quite funny when the GP thinks they can "alter" the rules and bring their stuffed animals on MF or bring their 52" child on Raptor. It's like you can't just change everything to your liking. It's the rule and you cannot change it just because it doesn't accommodate to you. It irks me when this happens especially when your stuck waiting listening to some lady complain for 20 minutes.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service