Cedar Point 2013

Wait did I read someone's post right when someone said Troika will be closed the rest of the season? That stinks. I thought they would be able to move the wall after Disaster Transport and Space Spiral came down.

It's hard to believe that the last of 12 E fell today. I remember being blown away at all the scenery and theming in the early 90's when it was first enclosed. Before all the "3D neon handprints" and pitch black ride. Does anyone have any footage of the original ride? I have not been able to find any, except the few memories I have.

Which robot was known as "Beep-Bop"? Did they just make that up?

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

So now with Troika done for the remainder of 2012, that's the second time this season an attraction has been shut down unexpectedly due to nearby construction. Am I the only one concerned with the apparent lack of foresight demonstrated this year?

Either the tape measure doesn't exist in the city of Sandusky or Intamin has taken over at P&D.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

MaverickLaunch said:
Well, Diamonback at KI has a theoretical capacity of 1,620 riders per hour, and I bet they come close to that most days. That ride is an absolute beast of a people-eater. I'm sure the simple restraints (ie lack of seat belt) have something to do with that.

I cannot fathom Gatekeeper having a higher capacity than Diamondback. What with depositing crap in bins, climbing up into the seat, pulling down an OTS harness, and buckling. There are plenty of people who won't be able to do any of that on their own. Either for physical reasons, or because they are lazy, or just not paying attention.

I'm new here but read the comments every so often. I was at KI last weekend. My son & I waited about 1.5 hours or so (on a Sat) to ride Diamondback. I didn't think the line looked that long but it moved incredibly slow!!! Once in awhile we would watch the trains climb the lift hill. I was astonished by the fact that every time I did look up I would see a train with an empty row. I started to pay closer attention & it appeared to be a constant occurrence. I was trying to figure out how that happens when all of the queues are full & the line is outside of the ride entrance?! Even when we finally were in the station, my son & I were able to walk up to the back row & be the next riders. Except we didn't get on that train bc there were 2 guys talking to the 2 girls already seated in the second to last row. We weren't sure if they putting stuff in bins & riding or exiting. The gates closed, they didn't ride & off went the train with an empty row. We rode the next train & the 2 rows in front of us were empty until my son(he's 9 y.o.) said something to 2 of the ride ops. They waved to the operator in the booth, gates were reopened & the rows filled. The next day, we rode again. The line was half as full, still was about a 45 min. wait. We rode in the back row again. The row in front of us was empty. What i observed, the attendants don't keep the station full. They service the fast lane ASAP and only so much of the regular line is let into the station at one time. This results in continuous empty rows on the trains. Just so inefficient! In my opinion, this coaster needed 2 stations for loading & unloading....2 trains sit while the 3rd is loading. Unbelieveable!!! Despite all of this, we liked Diamondback:)

We-o-we-oooo said:
So now with Troika done for the remainder of 2012, that's the second time this season an attraction has been shut down unexpectedly due to nearby construction. Am I the only one concerned with the apparent lack of foresight demonstrated this year?

The closing of Troika was not unexpected. The schedule might have changed, but that doesn't demonstrate a lack of foresight. Besides, an infinitesimally tiny group of people even care that it'll be closed until 2013.

Either the tape measure doesn't exist in the city of Sandusky or Intamin has taken over at P&D.

Or, you know, plans change. Just because you're not privy to the reasons why doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing.

Brandon

djDaemon said:
The closing of Troika was not unexpected. The schedule might have changed, but that doesn't demonstrate a lack of foresight. Besides, an infinitesimally tiny group of people even care that it'll be closed until 2013.

I'm just glad it'll be sticking around. Troika is a fun little ride.

Well not sure if anyone saw from that other amusement park company, they say at magic mountain "the udisputed thrill capital in the world", I laughed. That their new coaster will be the record holder for tallest loop at 160 feet, I think they lie and we have them beat, I smell desperation to take focus away from GateKeeper

Stephen P.
2008: Raptor
2009: Front Desk Clerk; Breakers Express
2010: Assistant Front Office Manager Breakers Express

The loop on GateKeeper is nowhere near 160 feet tall.

The lift hill is only 170 feet tall, and at best the loop is 2/3 that height.

Gatekeeper certainly has a taller inversion, but rolling over and falling off the top of the lift hardly qualifies as a loop.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Taking trees down left and right over there. Seeing more and more of Lake Erie.

Full Throttle looks pretty good, but I don't understand why they would bring in another low capacity attraction.

Did you guys read Becca's post about riding in the back left seat as a way to enhance the experience of the first drop inversion? I'm really excited to try it out, though I think for the first few rides I'll be going to whatever seat has the shortest line. :p

It will be nice to ride Troika in a more natural setting. It was just not as fun being stuck right next to a warehouse when you compare the setting it will be in now. I used to love riding it and enjoying the woods behind and the open midway in front when it was on the Gemini midway.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

I'd like them to use this opportunity to give Troika a proper light-up backdrop, perhaps, though that depends on what winds up being behind it, since I still can't really tell from the renderings.

What's cool is that CP usually spruces up the area around a new attraction, which, is not usually part of the "capital dollars."

So, you may see some nice improvements over there. But I don't think WT is going to get any love.

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

Any word on some type of lighting package for Gatekeeper?

I looked at the pictures today while I was at school and have to say that this midway just looks empty without Disaster Transport. I know everyone is happy that the ride is gone now, but doesn't it look empty now? I guess once Gatekeeper is built, it won't look so bad.

Shawn Meyer said:
I looked at the pictures today while I was at school and have to say that this midway just looks empty without Disaster Transport. I know everyone is happy that the ride is gone now, but doesn't it look empty now? I guess once Gatekeeper is built, it won't look so bad.

You guess? I'd assume a 170 foot tall roller coaster, and a brand new station will make it look less empty.

Last edited by Renegade,

Heck if they just tore down Disaster Transport and put up a chainlink fence as a barrier to the beach it would look a heck of a lot better.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

If it's been said I missed it but does anyone know how tall the Immelmann is on GateKeeper? To me it looks to be 130 just a rough guess by the renderings.

-Benn

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service