Cedar Point 2013

I did have a strap around my neck when I took my camera on Sky Ride. Perhaps this is why they didn't say anything?

Last edited by SSL488,

My sense is that they are lax on the actual enforcement of some of these rules, such as on the sky ride, but that having the rule in place affords some legal cover for CP in the event of an injury, shifting more blame/liability to the infringing guest. I tend to think there's little actual risk in people taking pictures from completely within the cabin, but you can imagine how damning a deposition transcript would be if they were to have no rules at all for that ride.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

djDaemon said:

PyroKinesis said:
Yeah, well you're a wimp, that's what you are. Do you know what terminal velocity is? Guess not, since no camera unless it's the size of a 1970's computer will hurt you.

I know that the junior high culture is probably so ingrained in you that you truly think endangering others is cool and makes you awesome. But you'll likely learn as you start buying big boy pants that being considerate to others is a valuable virtue.

I'm curious as to what terminal velocity has to do with anything? If it reaches that, it would hurt even more. Dropping a camera from high height of Sky Ride (no matter how small) would hurt, especially if it hammers your head. Sounds like you mixed up your definition of terminal velocity.

And nice dj, haha.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

I did see them shut off the Maverick launch for a video camera. It was so weird, it was almost to the top of the hill and they shut it off and it just slid slowly back down. The ride op grabbed the camera and they launched again.

They're very serious about the rule on coasters. I've seen and been on multiple rides on BS, MS, Maverick, and Mantis where the train car was stopped while ascending the lift hill in order to confiscate a camera.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

^ Whenever I'm in line (or on) Blue Streak, someone always has their camera out and the ride stops and the ride op climbs all the way up the hill to get the camera.

Anyway, I don't know if this has been mentioned but GateKeeper has been trademarked.

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

In my opinion they need to dramatically increase signage which states you cannot use a camera while on rides, similar to the old "Do Not Stand Up" signs that were at the top of a lift hill. If there were big signs in every station, I think less people would attempt it. Right now, it's just one of many rules listed in small print on a ride sign.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

If there is one thing I learned from my time at the park, it's that you can put as much signage as you want and people will always willfully ignore what is posted. People will do what they want to do.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

So I'm curious with the two threads above this one, are they keeping Space Spiral, or is that just on everyone's wish list?

They are not keeping Space Spiral.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

With only a little bit of Disaster left, it's really amazing how open that area is (now having seen it upclose). And I must say that this is also helping Wicked Twister's image. Not having that huge box behind the front tower really sets a new perspective for Twister. I'm trying to get some photos uploaded from Dropbox but it's not cooperating. :/

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I was hoping that big metal box would be completely gone by tomorrow since I'm gonna be at the park, but by the sounds of it it seems completely different. Can't wait to see it for myself.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I wonder what the chances of Wicked Twister and maXair getting repainted are. maXair is looking pretty bad and Wicked Twister is the next coaster due for paint and Giant Wheel just got repainted.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

TTD 120mph said:
I'm trying to get some photos uploaded from Dropbox but it's not cooperating. :/

Email is fine.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

It should say that it was actually more of a wifi problem. I already sent some of the photos I took to ya through dropbox.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Got 'em - and already uploaded. Thanks!

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I'm hoping the part that says 12 E is the last part of Disaster Transport that gets taken down. Just for a proper goodbye to Disaster Transport.

^^^Think I might have saw you snappin pics by the beach fence. Blue/white striped shirt? Maybe not, anyhow....

Shawn Meyer said:
I'm hoping the part that says 12 E is the last part of Disaster Transport that gets taken down. Just for a proper goodbye to Disaster Transport.

I think you might get your wish. It's starting to look that way. Nice to see that they painted that ugly maintanence/games prize storage a nice shade of green finally. Amazing comparing pics from about a month ago and how you can now see the front tower on Wicked Twister. Looks alot better!

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii572/CPpixx/100_1265.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii572/CPpixx/100_1654.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii572/CPpixx/100_1666.jpg

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Wow, they're working in the rain, good for them. Won't be long now and the whole thing will be gone!

Yeah the lift hill went down between 6:30 and 8:30 this morning.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service