Cedar Point 2013

That's a really good point. In the past few years I don't know how many times I'd gone to amusement parks with friends with our tickets bought beforehand and wondered whether we still needed to go through the ticket booths.

I guess the closest analogue would be that you still have to go to the check-in counter at the airport, but I guess the turnstile gate is more apropos to a check-in counter than the ticketing gate.

Can you even buy tickets at the airport anymore?

Any word on if they are going to have a few electronic ticket booths? I know the Sea World in Orlando had them. I'm not sure how great they were, but I did see a number of people using them.

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:

Rcoaster10 said:
Maverick has a long line all day. I hope that line gets shorter. Ttd I would love to get shorter too. I really hope wicked twister doesn't get longer, but it probably will. Its such a great ride and the line is so short.

I don't want WT's line to get longer!!! It's one of my favorite rides and I don't want to have to wait any longer to ride it!!! So shush or else!!! But, I am sure it will since it sits right next to GateKeeper now... :-(

This is the one negative I see with GateKeeper. Wicked Twister was my go to coaster in the park.

Hopefully the Dragster, Maverick, and Millenium lines being shorter makes up for the added wait on WT.

I have a feeling that Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick line won't be affected by the new addition of Gatekeeper. I think come next year the whole park will even itself out in a way where yes Gatekeeper will get the most of the lines where as the older rides might only go down to an hour wait.

I couldn't make it to the press announcement, but a friend and colleague who attended scored these for me. So, does guardians refer to the trains of the gatekeeper?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/firewalk13/photo-3.jpg

I think the guardians are referring to the "wings" of the coaster, and the griffon in the other logo is symbolic of the center of the train (the leader).

I have a feeling that Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick line won't be affected by the new addition of Gatekeeper. I think come next year the whole park will even itself out in a way where yes Gatekeeper will get the most of the lines where as the older rides might only go down to an hour wait.

Did Millennium's line go down when Maverick and TTD opened?

No. There was a bunch of people that just headed to the back of the park first for Maverick. Now that I think about it, I think Raptor will have a bigger line with Gatekeeper being up front. Just a thought.

Yeah, I mean what you're saying does make sense. It's like the rides are taking from a collection of an endless amount of riders. If anything, the midways may become less crowded. :p

What I can see happening in the morning is that GK may "trap" a collection of people in the front, slowing the flow to the back (and thus reducing the initial waits of Millennium, Maverick, and TTD).

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

Judging by the animation, Gatekeeper looks as if it's traveling through part of the parking lot where you practically can park right in front of Blue Streak. Does this mean that Buses and RV parking will get moved back for 2013? Tried to ask this question the other night, but everyone skipped over this topic.

From what i can gather from the videos, the turn around happens in an area currently occupied by the picnic shelter closest to the parking lot and Blue Streak. That particular shelter appears to get shortened a bit to accommodate the turnaround. Granted these are just animations however the relative locations of the buildings looks to be fairly accurate to me . The animations clearly show a clear view looking thru the turnaround toward Blue Streak and the harbor beyond.

If you pause the onride POV video at 0:26 you can clearly see the separation in the picnic shelters ( Two white roofs in the distance).

So in answer to your question , I think the ride has zero effect on the parking lots in that area.

It's official, GateKeeper will have the World's Tallest Inversion-http://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/GateKeeper-is-Bre...re-Records

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I would say you are late, but there are so many damn threads about this ride that I don't blame you for not knowing.

Let's Get Weird.

Does Anyone know if the track is down in cinci?

I would like to stop by next weekend and check out the track

^No offense, but why?

I really dont know be one of the first people to see the track. as well as take some cool pictures nerd stuff

^ the lines for MF, dragster, and Mav never will die down. :) The park is always full of newbies who have never even been there yet, or since they were kids, since Gemini was new.....etc, etc. So those people see millennium and go "wow, let's ride that big one!" and then the line fills up. Some people dont even know what the current new ride is that year I bet. They have their map and just read it and follow it around the park, go where the midway takes them. The smarter folks will prob know about the newest attraction, for instance, Gatekeeper next year, and head to that first. But from what I've seen, the lines stay the same, with the exception of Raptor in the morning vs afternoon vs evening.

The lines will go down a little. Remember this is another world class coaster, all those ERT people will go to GK first. All the people coming into the park will see it go overhead and say lets go ride that one.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

^^ Miss Maverick, no matter if they are newbies or people that haven't been there in a while the map I'm sure will clearly state "New for 2013" and have the image of the ride all over the cover. I don't know if these people will ride it, but it sure wont hurt when you see the track busting through the main gate as well.

I'm sure the front of the park will be jammed at the beginning of the day with Raptor and Gatekeeper cranking. It may reduce the lines towards the back of the park at the beginning of the day a bit, but once we get into the swing of things and people get their rides in i can see no difference in the wait times for Millennium and Maverick.

I Miss the Pirate ride.

Well with being new for 2013, I think Raptor, Gatekeeper, and Wicked Twister will be busy up front in the morning. However, I'm sure Gatekeeper will be busy all day during the season. I bet Gatekeeper will have a 2 hour or longer wait. I agree with Maverick00 about the other lines in the park such as Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick.

Key Question: How many EXTRA people will a new record-breaking coaster draw to the park?

A) Lots. (In which case, more people will clog the park)
B) Few. (In which case, no reason for CP to ever put in a new coaster)

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service