Cedar Point 2013

Time for a sports analogy.

You can compare all of the Gatekeeper haters here to the same stupid people who think they know the NFL draft. Every year, you hear first round draft picks getting booed by ignorant fans.

Why? Did you scout them? No...you know nothing and are unhappy unless you draft the second coming of Christ or in this case, build a Rollercoaster Tycoon style winged rider with spinning seats 8,900 feet, 364ft tall with 19 inversions and your stupid jojo roll.

In my opinion, this is going to be the best new coaster since Millennium Force. It's going to be the best new ride of 2013...who cares what they call it.

bribrihate said:

PyroKinesis said:

bribrihate said:
It looks like a fun ride, but I don't understand the point of a wing coaster if the seats don't spin. Isn't that the cool thing about that type of roller coasters? CP just isn't keeping up to date with their coasters I feel.

There are ZERO wing coasters in the world that have seats that spin. Ready up before you assume nonsense.

Oh I'll be sure to "ready up" next time. Moron.

Wing coasters do spin, but when they do, they are called a 4th dimension roller coaster. That's basically the only difference. That's the kind of ride they should've built.

Why they'd take out world class attractions such as Demon Drop, Wildcat, and Disaster Transport but add absolute crap like WindSeeker and this half assed project is beyond me.

I smell a MAD magic-less mountain fan-boy. U MAD BRO?

Last edited by Cedar King,

Don't feed the troll guys...

Do you really just refer to Wilcat, Demon Drop and Disaster Transport as World Class attractions?? LMAO!

What planet are you living on?

^Yes, a 4th dimension would have been a logical choice. A design that bankrupted the company that designed it and had so many flaws that nobody else built one for half a decade.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

^^^ Imagine a sign hanging from the door to this thread...

Please DO NOT feed the trolls!
Thank you!

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

I'm so Excited about this coaster ! It certainly makes up for the up-charge dinosaurs. The best part is the the zero g roll through the 2 keyholes, above the entrance. I think this just will enhance the excitement to the whole park .. It does make me wonder are there other parks with a coaster over the entrance ?

Wing Coasters and 4D coasters are TOTALLY different models. B&M doesn't even build 4D coasters yet. Remember when the first 4D coaster opened and how much of a pain it was? Had to close down and revamp it. There's only two in the country (if you want to throw in Green Lantern) and they've been around for 10 years. Wing Coasters (B&M Model) have only been around for a few years and are popping up like crazy). I'm not against 4D coasters, it's just that this is the perfect addition for the park presently.

It's the longest & fastest Wing Coaster. It has the longest drop, its the 4th Longest Coaster in the park (track length) , it's the 2nd longest (Ride Duration), it will help welcome guests to the park, it is tied with highest number of inversions at the park, it is the 5th tallest coaster in the park and the first coaster in 5 years (6 when it opens). I just don't get the complaints.

Oh, and, even though the announcement didn't say it, it has the worlds tallest inversion at 170 feet.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

Tried watching the announcement from the video feed from this site. it sucked, missed the whole thing because the feed kept freezing up with the audio going in and out. I hope someone with a good camera posts the announcement in it's entirety on here.

This is the first coaster with a traditional chain lift since Mantis in 1996 YAY!!!! The colors look very nice to me but I really do hope it is grass under it in the parking lot section. I am suprised at how many parking spots will be lost here and what they are planning on now. I personally think it looks a little short but will need to wait to see it for myself and ride it. I have already decided to always sit on left side since that flip side of the first drop looks INCREDIBLE as you creep slowly towards it and go higher. All in all they dropped the ball on this announcement though, many questions left unanswered it seemed very ill prepared and lackluster giving all the hype they gave it. It isnt because to me it was leaked it just seemed that it was a ho-hum announcement and very 3rd grade science fair if you understand what I mean.

Wow, I can't believe you are complaining! There is no way you could build a rotating coaster of this magnitude without people breaking their neck and/or backs! Personally I cannot wait to ride this and love every aspect of it! I still think there are future announcements! I think 2013 will be the year of the point!

I can't get over how much I love the new front entrance being made of a coaster. It just screams the heart and blood of Cedar Point and gives that entrance a memorable identity.

But, what about all those posts that have emphasized over the years that CP needs to focus on the family and add family attractions going forward? Isn't this new coaster and entrance kind of a slap in the face that, "Hey, we're the best coaster thrill park around!?"

I still have not watched it since I am at work. Did they in fact confirm if this will be sand filled?

It will run quieter than Mantis and Raptor. So I'd say yes.

Cool thanks,guess they kind of needed to have it sand filled especially with how close those houses are next to the parking lot.

^ Everything Becca produces has the feel of a third grade science fair... she is terrible as a video spokesperson IMHO.

Ffej said:
I can't get over how much I love the new front entrance being made of a coaster. It just screams the heart and blood of Cedar Point and gives that entrance a memorable identity.

But, what about all those posts that have emphasized over the years that CP needs to focus on the family and add family attractions going forward? Isn't this new coaster and entrance kind of a slap in the face that, "Hey, we're the best coaster thrill park around!?"

I'd say they have spent the better part of 5 years working on the family aspect, and have done a great job doing so, but people don't travel 1/2 way across the country for a family park, there are plenty of regional parks for that, a destination park has to have everything, and I think the people who travel a long way will see gatekeeper and know the trip was well worth it.

Not preaching just my opinion.

Agreed Tony and Tyler need to come back or at least someone with HALF of their character!

I am super excited about Gatekeeper! You Rock Cedar Point!! Everything about this ride looks awesome! I'm still curious about the entrance. Are they eliminating both entrances and keeping just one? From the video, it looks like they have removed the first entrance where you buy tickets and the second one where you scan your ticket looks like the new one. Someone help me out here.

And Jeff, just wanted to point out that I'm sure after this season, we'll probably see a small family roller coaster squeezed in somewhere to bring families in. Now that Gatekeeper has been announced, I hope we see a new Intamin style observation tower. I forget what page I have it posted on, but I think that would be a plus in the future.

Was the announcement stream captured? If so, will it get posted here? I tried watching it. My 3G connection must have been corrupt. It locked up several times. Please post if you have it.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service