Cedar Point 2013

Do any of the other Wing Riders run 3 trains fluidly?

I like that CP tried to make this a people eater, but I'm thinking of Mantis, wasted money, and an off-feeling MCBR that won't need to be there if the trains just end up stacking.

Mantis only started stacking badly after seat belts were added to the ride. I don't think there will be a problem.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

bribrihate said:
It looks like a fun ride, but I don't understand the point of a wing coaster if the seats don't spin. Isn't that the cool thing about that type of roller coasters? CP just isn't keeping up to date with their coasters I feel.

There are ZERO wing coasters in the world that have seats that spin. Ready up before you assume nonsense.

Okay long time lurker first time poster.

Is 'Gatekeepr Homepage' just killing anyone else right now?
You've spent so much time building to this point and then a horrible spelling error... Lol

^^I think we have a GP. in the mix here!

Last edited by Cedar King,

None of the B&M wing coasters have rotating seats. Why should they? Isn't the point of going thru an inversion to be upside down?

I don't think a coaster should intentionally try to make people sick and that is what you'd likely get with a free rotating seat on this type of ride.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

I'm looking for a hi-res logo of gatekeeper

cp kid said:
I'm looking for a hi-res logo of gatekeeper

Just go to the old count-down page on Facebook.

Last edited by Cedar King,

Sause said:

TheHSBR said:
Ive seen a number of comments already thinking that its going to have a reverse launch/trip through the track.

If people are really confused by that, they should be institutionalized

Did you see the video that makes it look like it reverses direction? It was totally misleading and I think they have already changed it

It's still on CP's page. It should be the first of three video's. No idea why that animation was necessary.

not only does it go backwards ... but somehow it goes ten times the speed as it goes forward....

Here is the video that is confusing many including me

http://youtu.be/cJqhApNBjes

It's clearly cutting in and out of POV and not, so why would you think it would go backwards? I think it was dumb to include that animation, but not confusing

BleauxJays said:
Okay long time lurker first time poster.

Is 'Gatekeepr Homepage' just killing anyone else right now?
You've spent so much time building to this point and then a horrible spelling error... Lol

I know! That caught my eye immediately when I went to the page... LOL!

And I agree with everyone who says that the video showing reverse might be confusing for the GP - I can see what they were going for with the emphasis of the keyholes, but there is surely a better way to do that than by making it look like it goes backwards. Not everyone is as quick as we enthusiasts are... ;)

I'm also a long-time lurker and new poster, BTW. It's great to be looking forward to 2013 with you guys! :)

LOL. Why on EARTH would you think that a coaster would go backwards based on some silly animation at double speed? THINK people, THINK!

Steve, does your spilled milk magically rise from the floor and back into your glass as well?

PyroKinesis said:

bribrihate said:
It looks like a fun ride, but I don't understand the point of a wing coaster if the seats don't spin. Isn't that the cool thing about that type of roller coasters? CP just isn't keeping up to date with their coasters I feel.

There are ZERO wing coasters in the world that have seats that spin. Ready up before you assume nonsense.

Oh I'll be sure to "ready up" next time. Moron.

Wing coasters do spin, but when they do, they are called a 4th dimension roller coaster. That's basically the only difference. That's the kind of ride they should've built.

Why they'd take out world class attractions such as Demon Drop, Wildcat, and Disaster Transport but add absolute crap like WindSeeker and this half assed project is beyond me.

^ Are you just here to complain?

Wing coasters don't spin. 4th dimension coasters do. They are two completely different rides made by two completely different manufacturers.

bribrihate said:

PyroKinesis said:

bribrihate said:

Oh I'll be sure to "ready up" next time. Moron.

Wing coasters do spin, but when they do, they are called a 4th dimension roller coaster. That's basically the only difference. That's the kind of ride they should've built.

Why they'd take out world class attractions such as Demon Drop, Wildcat, and Disaster Transport but add absolute crap like WindSeeker and this half assed project is beyond me.

Whoa wait, DT and Wildcat are world class but this brand new, one of a kind attraction is not? That's the most insane thing I've heard in a while.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service