Cedar Point 2013

I hope the press conference will be posted here. When I was trying to watch it on the live stream it kept stopping then it was gone.

MHW said:
I hope the press conference will be posted here. When I was trying to watch it on the live stream it kept stopping then it was gone.

You didn't miss much

And the Space Spiral had to go because...?

^Trust me, you didn't miss anything. They basically just showed the video they have on their website and then had a guy come up to explain how quiet it will be. It was a pretty poor press conference.

Point Buzz stream was a fail, but I managed to get a stream elsewhere that was smooth and only had an ad at the beginning; got to see the whole presentation.

The safety guy said it'd have a top speed of 64 mph. You guys think that was just a mistake along with him repeatedly referring to the ride as WindSeeker? lol The stats say 67 mph still.

So what record will this thing break? Shortest duration on any wing coaster? Not impressed, way too short of a ride.

Its the longest wingrider made homeboy

bribrihate said:
So what record will this thing break? Shortest duration on any wing coaster? Not impressed, way too short of a ride.

The ride is actually the longest Wingrider. The ride looks just as long if not longer than Maverick.

Ffej said:
The safety guy said it'd have a top speed of 64 mph. You guys think that was just a mistake along with him repeatedly referring to the ride as WindSeeker? lol The stats say 67 mph still.

Mr. Jasper seemed a bit nervous so I am assuming they are a couple of mouth slips he made.

bribrihate said:

I can hardly believe I'm replying to someone ignorant enough to judge a ride before riding it, but...

It's the longest wing rider coaster, by a whopping 1000 feet.

Brandon

CPboy77 said:
Let's hope the world doesn't end in 2012 so we actually get to ride the ride!;)

Don't worry some dude found another myan calendar but this one gave us an extra 7,000 years. :)

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

Are wing coasters generally short then? It looked like like it lasted shorter than 40 seconds...

^Compare Gatekeeper to the other wing coasters before you post again.

Last edited by Cedar King,

bribrihate said:
Are wing coasters generally short then? It looked like like it lasted shorter than 40 seconds...

Look at the layout, there is a LOT missing in the overview video. It passes by the MCBR then all of a sudden goes through it. They even left out the keyhole element.

[Edited for clarification]

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

bribrihate said:

Look at the layout, there is a LOT missing in the video. It passes by the MCBR then all of a sudden goes through it. They even left out the keyhole element.

There is more than one video (3)

I like the layout and specs alot, just not feeling the colors (blue track with blue lake in the background) or name, it sounds too generic. Over time I guess it'll have to grow on me. I think there is so much more they could of done with this:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Titandwedebil/FB_Picture.gif

especially with track colors, the theme, and support colors. I heard falsely that they were planning something along that line last autumn (with the name of the 2013 project). I wonder if anything changed since then? Oh and the clues that were given this year seemed to work that logo/name as well. Oh well, I was wrong and man enough to admit it.
Can't wait to stand in the 4+ hour line opening day. I'll be there.

Let's all hope construction goes better than the video stream did. Not only did it start late, the poster boards were constantly falling down, and that masked man with a huge cable attached to his banshee costume was pretty lame. Was he supposed to be the "Gatekeeper" character the ride was named after?

Suprisingly, they said nothing about anything else new for the park next year. Will the fake Dino's stay? Anything else getting painted or removed? And where was Matt, the new top dog?

So far, the leaked name, memo, and early demo has me all confused as to why this was supposed to be a big secret.

What about the random red question mark at the end of the stream? Could it be a clue for something else?

The station looks pretty small... I don't understand why they don't have an unload section.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/images/uploads/file/GateKeeper09-1600wx1035h.png

The duration looks long to me. I think if the animation showed the ride from the time it leaves the station, everyone would feel different. The keyhole loop through the entrance plaza is incredible!. The ride looks amazing...I just wish the last part after the brake run offered a little more than a small drop and a 360...but I'm not complaining...this clearly looks like an instant classic roller coaster that other parks will try to top.

The video shown and texted to people is deceiving. Im not sure why they decided to splice it at the middle, go to the end and reverse the video. Ive seen a number of comments already thinking that its going to have a reverse launch/trip through the track.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service