Cedar Point 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqhApNBjes&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cp sent me this!

Got it in a text 10 mins ago! They texted it out before the presentation

Last edited by NextGen89,

Space Spiral runs until labor day.
DT 2 weeks until removed.
1st November steel erection.

I'm probably mentioning a bunch, can't keep up.

When are they announcing Banshee?

Why did the Steel Phantom introduce the ride at the beginning?

Confirmed!

Someone commented on the youtube video just posted, and asked if it actually goes backwards...

It cut out right as the phantom was saying something along the lines "that's not the whole story" or did I hear it wrong?

I got a kick out of people commenting on the stream that they were converting disaster transport to a laydown coaster.

^^I too am confused on why he was there

Alright time fore the 2014 thread haha :)

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

I'm not convinced. That whole press conference was just a big false clue.

;)

Interesting that they are running a ticket discount promotion in lieu of the typical season pass promotion. I'm sure season passes will be marketed later this year. I like having an earlier announcement date.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

PyroKinesis said:
LMFAO. "Quality equipment that is very reliable."

*sign falls down*

BEST PART!

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Looks like the price is around 30 million. Not surprised that 25 wasn't going to get it done...

http://www.cedarpoint.com/gatekeeper/the-ride

Anyone else notice that next year's cap ex went up by $5 million?\

SmallDunk beat me to it.

I suspect the additional $5 million was for the new gate, which I also suspect was not part of the original ($25 million) plan.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Sounds like you got to see a bit more than I did. I was getting about ninety seconds and then a commercial, ninety seconds then commercial then blank.

Do you think it'll start with three train operation and go down to two (mantis) or do you think they'll go with three and have them stack (raptor)?

djDaemon said:
Anyone else notice that next year's cap ex went up by $5 million?\

SmallDunk beat me to it.

I suspect the additional $5 million was for the new gate, which I also suspect was not part of the original ($25 million) plan.

I was thinking the same thing. 5 million for a new front plaza is pretty steep, even with the 2 keyhole towers

Captaincrayola08 said:
Do you think it'll start with three train operation and go down to two (mantis) or do you think they'll go with three and have them stack (raptor)?

Since the ride is 4100 feet long, I wouldn't be surprised that there might be always a one train stacking. I am surprised that there isn't going to be a load and unload station. Having everybody load/unload from one side will probably be a mess! I love the new entrance gate. Now there is something to get your picture taken in front of something. Cedar Point finally has a frontgate statement.

Let's hope the world doesn't end in 2012 so we actually get to ride the ride!;)

I wanted to see some concept art for the actual new entrance, since I doubt what's in the video accurately represents what they have planned, especially since he described the new entrance as beautiful and yet all I see is two towers and a picnic shelter covering the turnstiles (hardly beautiful). Come on Cedar Point, I'm more interested in the new entrance then coaster # whatever. Show us what you really have planned.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service