Cedar Point 2013

Kylepark, I know what you're saying. We went for opening day of Magnum without a clue, except that Cedar Point had built the highest, fastest, and steepest coaster on earth. All we had found was a small newspaper picture of men working on the return track. That was it. Imagine our reaction when we saw it from the causeway that first day! That delightful element of surprise is ruined by the Internet and social media. Not that we should trade it, mind you...
And if anyone has a question as to whether that turn around is an inversion, remember- if a park has a chance to call something an inversion, they will.

Diehardrider said:

SSL488 said:
Isn't SS being removed anyway though? So why would it be reopen?

They could move it somewhere else in the park since it has a small footprint.

They said they won't because it's so old.

Has anyone seen this? It is a blank page at the moment; it's not linked and it looks goofy right now, but there's definitely something here. It will be announced in like 20 minutes anyway though ;)

Edit: Nevermind...someone from CP saw this (or otherwise realized it was there) and took it down. Not like we won't know soon anyway :)

Last edited by Twisted Wicker,

Not to be confused with Twisted Wicker 08 from 2002

Twisted Wicker said:
Has anyone seen this? It is a blank page at the moment; it's not linked and it looks goofy right now, but there's definitely something here. It will be announced in like 20 minutes anyway though ;)

So three days ago... :-P

2007 - Top Thrill Dragster
2005 - Magnum XL-200/Camp Snoopy/Monster/Witches Wheel

Couple things, TTD I think has been avoideing this site since the leak he is a stronger man than me for wanting to wait, but his NoLimits mock up he did months ago wasn't too far off for the little we knew at the time, I have to say I'm impressed.

It looks like there are some trees in the area that is now the parking lot, do you think CP is actually going to bring in trees in instead of taking them out for this ride. If they are willing to plant grass and actually being in adult trees this is great! That is something this park really needs! Has this been done in the past? have animations like this shown trees that should have been brought in but never were? I'm really hoping this happens!

Where can I get a live link?

Pointbuzz and CP streams are live now.

KevinL332 said:
Couple things, TTD I think has been avoideing this site since the leak he is a stronger man than me for wanting to wait, but his NoLimits mock up he did months ago wasn't too far off for the little we knew at the time, I have to say I'm impressed.

It looks like there are some trees in the area that is now the parking lot, do you think CP is actually going to bring in trees in instead of taking them out for this ride. If they are willing to plant grass and actually being in adult trees this is great! That is something this park really needs! Has this been done in the past? have animations like this shown trees that should have been brought in but never were? I'm really hoping this happens!

One of the nice things as a result of removing DT is that even if you can't see the beach much from the new ride (of course you'll see it from the lift), those trees that were hidden by DT's show building will now be back in view, so that's good to see.

Giant Wheel alum from a loooong time ago.

Thanks

Yea those are there but it looks like more are being added and that's even better.. is the point buss stream choppy for anyone else? and looks like Cedar Points website is down

I see 2 posters covered up! Crossing my fingers for 2 rides!!

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

Point buzz stream is very choppy for me as well. The CP one is playing though and not as grainy.

The ambient crowd chatter while they're all waiting for the announcement sounds like the RCT crowd recording LOL.

Just like a typical Ohio press conference, they started late.

Is there a twitter play by play... don't wanna abuse my data

Well it's gatekeeper.. didn't see that coming ;)

Yeah, the PB stream is un-watchable for me as well.

And the CP stream is better, but has ads. That's right, in the midst of watching the stream, ads start playing. That's a whole new level of fail.

So while I sincerely applaud both PB's and CP's efforts to stream this, both were pretty much useless.

Brandon

For anyone not watching.
* Sand filled supports
* Largest wing-rider drop

Stats
* 170 Feet high

LMFAO. "Quality equipment that is very reliable."

*sign falls down*

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service