Cedar Point 2013

JuggaLotus said:
Need at least one more block than you have trains. So, they have transfer table, station, lift and MCBR. Take out the MCBR and you're down to 2 train op.

My point was that with one station for load & unload, they likely won't be able to push trains out fast enough to avoid stacking 3 trains, if anecdotal evidence from Dollywood and Six Flags is accurate.

Although, really, it shouldn't be any different from Raptor (where they stack often, in my experience). But still - a separate load/unload setup would have allowed them to hit interval without trying too hard.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

I guess with these plans my hopes for an elaborate hoax are dashed... Liking the coaster, but the section following the breaks seems like it is lacking in much excitement... I guess I just have to come to ohio and find out one of these years...

Heres another sweet No Limits Gatekeeper recreation. Even though well being seeing the actual animation in like an hour and 40 minutes or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHufVEGiEV8

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

Yes it would be nice if they had a separate load/unload area, but B&M has yet to do that so it should be no surprise that they are sticking with what they have done before

Having not been to Cedar point yet this year I am not sure how your Fast Lane system works however at Canada's Wonderland we have a separate full entrance that takes you right up to the station. In the plans it appears that they have not included a fast lane directly to the station. Either it enter into the line before it splits off or does CP currently use the exit for some of their fast lanes.

It wouldn't make sense to have FL enter the line after the split.

Brandon

NextGen89 said:
I dont know why everyone is calling the turnaround an inversion... it doesnt look like it goes upside down... the closest thing to it inversion wise is an inclined loop

I see what you're saying, but my first thought in looking at it is it's an inversion. Guess we'll find out for sure in just over an hour.

Will this even be a FL ride? X-Flight was not part of the Flash Pass when I was there.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Well that is Six Flags. If Volcano is part of FL then I see no reason that Gatekeeper wouldn't be on FL

vwhoward said:
Will this even be a FL ride? X-Flight was not part of the Flash Pass when I was there.

If people pay $50 - $65 to skip the lines, and then find out that they still have to wait 2 + hours to ride the new ride they came for, there will be anger.

Anyone have any pictures of how the X-Flight or Wild Eagles queues split?

Is Leviathon FL?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

vwhoward said:
Is Leviathon FL?

Yes it is. It has a separate entrance that takes you right up to the loading platform.

Just an fyi...I was just speaking to a couple of maintenance men and they mentioned that the wall around DT will be moved out away from the building tonight therefore closing Troika, DT refreshments and SS until the demo of DT is complete. They were not sure if SS would reopen. I'm not 100% sure if this is all true but thought I'd share.

Last edited by negative g,

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

Isn't SS being removed anyway though? So why would it be reopen?

MK Hammer said:

vwhoward said:

If people pay $50 - $65 to skip the lines, and then find out that they still have to wait 2 + hours to ride the new ride they came for, there will be anger.

Then they should have checked the list of rides included in FL before spending that 50-65 dollars.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Credit to CP for allowing Troika to remain open as long as safely possible. They could have easily just sectioned off the entire job site from the beginning.

Brandon

SSL488 said:
Isn't SS being removed anyway though? So why would it be reopen?

They could move it somewhere else in the park since it has a small footprint.

Top 5 CP coasters 1- millennium 2- dragster 3- maverick 4- raptor 5- magnum

I can't imagine any way that Troika stays in it's current location. It just seems like the footprint will be too big to leave it there.

It's already been confirmed that SS will not be relocated anywhere else in the park.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service