Cedar Point 2013

Dom497 said:

Jeff said:
Have you been on any of the B&M's built recently? You can barely tell they're running.

Ummm....have you been on Leviathan? That is probably the loudest B&M coaster ever. Just the sound of the lift moving hurts your ears. Whenever I try to have a conversation with my friends in the queue, we have to wait until the train finishes going up the lift because we can't hear each other.

Which is not what he's talking about. Newer B&M's are sand filled, so they are dead silent, especially compared to the classic B&M "roar".

And the rollbacks being loud won't matter as the lift is nowhere near the front gate.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Jeff said:
Have you been on any of the B&M's built recently? You can barely tell they're running.

Yes - X-Flight is quite silent indeed.

The quietness has nothing to do with when the ride opened... The whole sand-filled support issue is like a dealer-add-on. A new B&M cause be as loud as Raptor or as quiet as Silver Bullet depending if the park spends the additional money to add the sand to the supports.

My guess is CP will do the sand option, though. Especially over the main gate. Anywhere else they probably wouldn't.

-Steve

Jeff said:

At least it won't be Mantis/Raptor loud!

Kevinj said:
Chuck Wagon, Robin left the company after last season, so I think he's safe.

That would certainly be true, hehe. Although when I googled it, there is some debate over whether he left or was let go.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

So the new ride is called Delirium?

I don't hate the name, I just hate that they have once again recylcled a name, especially since Delirium at KI is a flat.

MaverickLaunch said:
So the new ride is called Delirium?

I don't hate the name, I just hate that they have once again recylcled a name, especially since Delirium at KI is a flat.

Where did you get Delirium from? I am pretty sure it is Gatekeeper after seeing a million leaked pics online and videos on Youtube

^the new ride is Gatekeeper

Last edited by Magnum is awesome,

I find it ironic that Robin Innes is now PR director of "Cedar Point Communications" (a telecom company).

I guess this means if I ever need a photo for a story, I can just take it from myFOXDetroit.com.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I'm going to guess that it is kyle shied, someone on this website, because if click on the link and go to the DT ariel demolition photo, the picture has Kyle Sheid/pontbuzz.com

Because I'm pretty sure they aren't just allowed to take anyones photos. Wouldn't they need permission?

Last edited by SSL488,

But that's exactly what they did here. They took that photo without his permission.

SSL488 said:
I'm going to guess that it is kyle shied, someone on this website, because if click on the link and go to the DT ariel demolition photo, the picture has Kyle Sheid/pontbuzz.com

Because I'm pretty sure they aren't just allowed to take anyones photos. Wouldn't they need permission?

Yes they would. Where are you kyle?

But they kept the copyright tag on it. That makes it ok.

</sarcasm>

Goodbye MrScott

John

I counted 8 inversions! Unless that isn't a barrel roll after the break run, which would make it 7.

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:
I counted 8 inversions! Unless that isn't a barrel roll after the break run, which would make it 7.

Huh?

1 - Dive loop
2 - Huge corkscrew
3 - Twist #1
4 - Overbank-inversion thingy
5 - Twist #2

As far as I can tell, there are no inversion beyond the MCBR.

Brandon

I think you are missing the inverted drop off the lift, making the count 6. But yeah, no inversion after the MCBR. Not sure what people were seeing there.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

1-Dive Drop
2-Immelman
3-Huge Corkscrew
4-Twist 1
5-Overbank Dive Loop Inversion (if it counts)
6-Twist Two

There is some sort of roll that isn't attached to any part of track seen presently after the brake run. If you follow the course, its not attached....so unless it's just floating in mid air, something attaches to it.

That would end up making 7 if there is one. Other than that I count 6. You forgot the Immelman Dj.

djDaemon said:

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:

Huh?

1 - Dive loop
2 - Huge corkscrew
3 - Twist #1
4 - Overbank-inversion thingy
5 - Twist #2

As far as I can tell, there are no inversion beyond the MCBR.

Correcting myself after I studied it more...

1. Dive Loop

2. Immelmann

3. Oversized Corkscrew

4.Zero G Roll (Double Keyhole)

5. Dive Loop

6. Zero G Roll

7. Flat Spin (after brake run)

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service