Cedar Point 2013

^There's a roll to the right that doesn't appear to be connected to any sort of track. It could be a sharp roll that ends up entering the track that is believed to drop straight from the MCBR. Otherwise, that roll isn't even touched by any part of the coaster. Unless the theme is to just stick track in there, I believe there is some sort of inversion right off the brake run. Whoever made the NoLimits coaster believes it too and it shows perfectly how it can dive back in and appear that way.

I'd say theres a 50/50 chance :p ;)

CPboy77 said:
Reading some of the things on CP's Facebook page, I am quite surprised no one has spilled the beans.

I actually posted a picture on one of the post on there facebook page and they were very quick to delete it, as well as the comments that involved the leaked pictures.

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

I'd say most of the facebookers who post on CPs wall are a good example of the General Public. They are clueless as to happenings this "deep" in the enthusiast world.

^reminds me of the southpark episode where the californians get off smelling their own farts.....

GoBrowns said:

Enough with the conspiracy theories. Why on earth would DK get in a pissing match with Ouimet over naming rights to a ride?...my guess is the "twist" is the new front gate.

I don't know why you are getting bent out of shape.
I wasn't trying to step on toes and everyone on here respects Jeff (myself included), just asking a simple question @Jeff for which I have a good reason because of something that was mentioned a while back in the forum. As for differing theories, as much as we all love CP you kinda have to admit that when we're told to "beware of false clues", after a while you don't know what to believe anymore. Where do the "clues" match the answer? I'll wait for the announcement now and then post my picture after it. Good night.

99er: "If you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost."

I can already picture a frustrated admissions staff trying to communicate with the sounds of a B&M overhead and guest distracted by a new coaster.

^LIKE. Good one Jo_linn. What about the episode where they're blaming Canada. :)

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

MICP said:
I can already picture a frustrated admissions staff trying to communicate with the sounds of a B&M overhead and guest distracted by a new coaster.

We talked about this a while back and were wondering if they took the noise level in account when planning the new front gate area. The picture might be showing the second scanning gate. Filling the track with sand was mentioned by some. We'll see.

I don't see why people are trying to compare the height to WT. The perspective of the images makes it almost impossible to make a decent comparison between the two

CPfan1976 said:

MICP said:

We talked about this a while back and were wondering if they took the noise level in account when planning the new front gate area. The picture might be showing the second scanning gate. Filling the track with sand was mentioned by some. We'll see.

Well if they rebuild the entrance maybe the mics in the new sales booths will actually work. That would be a big help itself. I have also heard about parks adding the sand to help quite the ride down.

Have you been on any of the B&M's built recently? You can barely tell they're running.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

So many things to comment on!

-I think it makes this worse that whoever found this was obviously very low tech. I mean, what great web hacker doesn't know to use 'Save as...'.

-This should dramatically alter the "running of the bulls".

-Raptor got dissed. New B&M. Closer to front gate (coaster , not entrance). Feet dangling. Bird in logo.

-I hope Cedar Fair isn't sitting on any more secrets. Pretty embarrassing. Who takes the heat on this? Robin Innes?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Silver Bullet is filled with sand at Knott's it's as silent as any coaster I've ever been on. I doubt this one will have the old school B&M roar. It's possible only certain sections will be filled with sand.

This ride is brilliant. I cannot wait for the POV. I love how it reaches across to Blue Streak, the oldest coaster in the park. This is what the front entrance plaza has needed for over 100 years! Opening up views to the beach and Lake Erie even from the parking lot as you arrive is going to be awesome. It's design is flawless I thinkā€¦ I especially like the airtime hill idea on a winged coaster. So cool.

Silver Bullet passes nearly right over an outdoor live entertainment stage at Knott's, and except for the occasional screaming passenger, you'd never notice it while watching the show. This ride over the gate will be less of a problem than the Beach Boys music that was always turned up to 11 in that area.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Shawn Meyer said:
Makes me wonder if both entrances will be re-done by looking at the pictures.

I'm assuming you mean the entrance gate and ticket booths.

But yeah, the main gate is pushed out, giving more room inside the park. It's not a huge amount - maybe 20' or so. I suspect that will be enough to warrant pushing the ticket booths out, and replacing many of them with self-serve kiosks.

As for after the MCBR - what on earth are some of you smoking that you see a roll after the MCBR? It seems pretty clear that there's a drop, helix, air time hill and another minor air time hill into the brakes.

Brandon

Jeff said:
Have you been on any of the B&M's built recently? You can barely tell they're running.

Ummm....have you been on Leviathan? That is probably the loudest B&M coaster ever. Just the sound of the lift moving hurts your ears. Whenever I try to have a conversation with my friends in the queue, we have to wait until the train finishes going up the lift because we can't hear each other.

It only makes sense that at the time the rendering was done the only gate feature they needed to include was the structure and the crossover, and it's entirely possible the park hadn't finished it's final gate design. It looks like turnstiles occupy the space below the roll, alright, but the ticket booths, decor, and signage were, at the time, TBD. Maybe more will be revealed at 3:30 today, right? Patience, grasshoppers.

And djDaemon, I see what you see...

Chuck Wagon, Robin left the company after last season, so I think he's safe.

Promoter of fog.

Dead Sexeh said:
I don't see why people are trying to compare the height to WT. The perspective of the images makes it almost impossible to make a decent comparison between the two

[url][url]
Not true. You need to get yourself some perspective.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service