Cedar Point 2013

Is that record still held by dominator?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Nope, Superman: Krypton Coaster has it with a 145 ft vertical loop. Dominator is in second at 135 ft.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

^ Also wrong. It's Volcano the blast coaster at Kings Dominion. 155ft.

I think this looks great. No complaints here.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Yeah, I thought we discussed this several pages back.

Volcano has the tallest inversion presently. Whatever the lift height is on this thing, this will take #1 (as long as its above 155, which appears so)

The tallest VERTICAL LOOP goes to Six Flags Fiesta Texas' Superman: Krypton Coaster (the confusion with Dominator).

It will probably end up being the 3rd or 4th tallest coaster of all time to feature inversions (maybe even higher). And it will bring the park to Top 3 overall inversion count.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

@Jeff (webmaster). At the beginning of the 2013 project speculation, you mentioned there was a twist to the story about the new attraction. Could you shed some light on this forum about the "twist" to this whole story AFTER the official announcement tomorrow and if it involved a naming rights conflict between Dick Kinzel and Matt Ouimet (the new CEO)? Do you have the leeway to do so? Did the new CEO taking over change something to do with the final coaster name/logo/etc.? I have a strange feeling that this "twist" might be the source of my personal angst but I could be totally off. After your reply and the announcement, I'll explain. As Charlie Brown would say: AAAAARRRRRRGGGH!

CPfan1976 said:
@Jeff (webmaster). At the beginning of the 2013 project speculation, you mentioned there was a twist to the story about the new attraction. Could you shed some light on this forum about the "twist" to this whole story AFTER the official announcement tomorrow and if it involved a naming rights conflict between Dick Kinzel and Matt Ouimet (the new CEO)? Do you have the leeway to do so? Did the new CEO taking over change something to do with the final coaster name/logo/etc.? I have a strange feeling that this "twist" might be the source of my personal angst but I could be totally off. After your reply and the announcement, I'll explain. As Charlie Brown would say: AAAAARRRRRRGGGH!

Enough with the conspiracy theories. Why on earth would DK get in a pissing match with Ouimet over naming rights to a ride. These decisions are vetted through marketing research and CP is a most professional corporation with much invested in getting things done right. Conversations like that are internal and confidential and the likes of us fans ever encountering anything but a rumor is severely unlikely. It's not like Ouimet got off the phone with Kinzel and called Jeff to chat.

Unless, Jeff used his supermac to hack into Ouimet's office and listen in...but my guess is the "twist" is the new front gate.

Last edited by GoBrowns,

+1. That's the twist. Has to be.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

LOOK AT THE CP WEBSITE!!!

The RC's are all out of order!!!

And notice how its only the RC's...

P.S. Its not a sentance until it has triple puncuation!!!

Leave the hypercoaster alone

And it's not a post until it has four spelling and grammatical errors!!!

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

that just hurt...

but still check the site

Last edited by rollerdog11,

rollerdog11 said:
that just hurt...

but still check the site

We did... About ten hours ago

I FEEL STUPID KNOW!!!

Isn't that the point of the Internet? ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

This is why I should just not post anything. The story is not about me. I'm just a dude with a stupid Web site.

monstertke said:
I'm sure he didn't mean to type git pull origin master, followed by his Key? Or do you suspect they are not using version control on all of there web properties?

For real? You think they're storing content in Git? Do you think that's what we do here too?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

rollerdog11 said:
I FEEL STUPID KNOW!!!

Don't! Many of us were excited when we noticed as well! ;)

Last edited by JAMedic,

JAMedic said:

rollerdog11 said:
I FEEL STUPID KNOW!!!

Don't! Many of us were excited when we noticed as well! ;)

+1

I give you a maverick plushie!!!

P.S. I also feel stupid because i mispelled now!

Last edited by rollerdog11,

My thoughts about the new coaster:

1. I love the colors, they're unique to the park.

2. I'm glad there's a dive drop for the first drop.

3.The double key hole over the entrance looks sweet.

4. It looks to have a long ride time.

5. The turn-a-round could have been more creative.

6. I don't think there's a jojo roll after the MCBR, just a drop before the helix. Look at the rendering really closely. After the brake run there is a piece of track that dips down. For proof, look at the supports. Follow the line of supports along the brake run, now continue looking down that straight line and you'll see the supports get smaller due to the little drop that I mentioned earlier. This leads into the helix, and following the helix is a small airtime hill or corkscrew/flatspin thing that some of you are mistaking as a jojo roll that directly follows the MCBR. Even trace the path of visible track. If a jojo roll does follow the brakes I don't see track that would logically connect to the remainder of the course.

7. I also think there could be an additional spiral/helix not visible in the given rendering. To me, the last upward turn before the final brake run seems to be turning from the right and not the left. And it just may be a mistake in the pixels on this animation but if you look closely at one of the small supports, the one directly to the right of the MCBR, about even in height with it, there is a small amount of that blue/teal track color visible. (You might want to enlarge the picture to see this.) This is the layout I invision: MCBR, helix, small airtime hill/corkscrew, and then instead of an upward left turn into the brakes I think there is a quick little turn to the left and then a helix to the right. Following this would be the turn up into the brake run. And that small piece of blue I mentioned would be actually part of the track in that helix. This may not be the case but this is just what I think the last part of the ride will be like.

8. Based on Wicked Twister I am hoping that it will reach a max height of 200 feet.

Overall I'm really impressed and can't wait for the official announcement tomorrow. Oh, and now that we all know about this ride, it's time to start the "Cedar Point 2014" thread! ;)

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Makes me wonder if both entrances will be re-done by looking at the pictures. I guess I'll have to judge by the animation tomorrow. Can anyone tell if both entrances are affected by Gatekeeper?

Reading some of the things on CP's Facebook page, I am quite surprised no one has spilled the beans.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service