Cedar Point 2013

You really are drunk, aren't you? :)

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:
You really are drunk, aren't you? :)

drunk off Gatekeeper ;)

judging by my calculations.. it looks about 500ft tall... rollback anyone?

Last edited by DrunkinMonkey,

"Water will be involved." MrScott 2006

There doesn't seem to be a jojo roll after the MCB. It looks like it hits then MCB, drops down, then swings into an upward helix to the left before swinging into the break run.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the jojo roll after MCBR either. And yes, the mid-course brake is a bit odd. More like an 80%-course brake. But, I guess it's better than the Leviathan double final brake run? It does appear to be a shorter ride, but it should pack a nice punch on that first 80%. Unlike StR and WindSeeker though, I'm finally excited, and I think this will be a hit.

If there only ends up being a helix or half helix after the MCBR, that would be the only disappointing aspect of the entire ride. Only disappointing because they seemingly could have opted for the helix after the second in-line twist and then a "double break run" if they are planning on three train operation

Everything else appears to be a near-ideal example of what is possible with these B&M wings.

ThunderbirdsMT said:
I agree its way off topic.

Maybe if more people bitch about it the off-topic complaints will outnumber the off-topic posts, and then everyone wins.

Avalanche Sam said:
Glare from the glossy display!

Says someone who hasn't used one. They've long since fixed that problem in the way that the thing reflects light. I can use it with a light to my back, or outdoors, and the glare is not significant.

monstertke said:
Do you really think that a multi-billion dollar company....

Just one billion... barely.

At the very least the leak was deliberate, I develop websites of similar complexity, and there is absolutely zero reason that live content would ever be on the live site before it was actually needed to be live.

Obviously you don't remember the same thing happening for Camp Snoopy or Top Thrill Dragster. I've worked on Web sites that do 50 times the traffic of CP.com, and the technology has little to do with the mistakes that humans make.

I have a feeling that once the announcement is made, everyone will lose interest and our site traffic will drop off of a cliff. Seriously, the speculation and over-thinking has never been quite this ridiculous. You guys hang on every word and piece of HTML as if you're Indiana Jones looking for the Holy Grail, only there is no archeology to be had. It's like the anticipation is ten times as exciting as the ride ever could be.

Sometimes things are just as obvious as they seem.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

An interpretation... http://youtu.be/1Nr4FmteWJA

I feel I should mention that I did not create this.

Last edited by fsohio09,

Great job!

^^^The "bitching" came to an and about 10 minutes after it started last night.

Last edited by ThunderbirdsMT,

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

Anyone else think this first loop might be the new tallest inversion in the park, passing mantis first loop?

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

I'd place a bet on that ^

fsohio09 said:

Thats awesome! I hope it has a jojo roll after the MCBR.

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

Wow...I spend the weekend camping and kayaking and things got crazy. I'm probably not going look through all these new pages in this thread but from the last couple, I think I missed something. Oh well. Tmrw isn't far off now.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Yeah, I agree to a point Jeff, however here is the big but. We do hang on and cling to every word because Cedar Fair is infamous for playing the clue game. The speculation and discussion keep blogs and website traffic going strong and peek interest in visiting the park to look for clues and to visit rumored soon to be removed rides. We rode the 12E pig 4 times during ERT just because we knew it would be the last time. It was also neat to show our kids what it looks like (lights on) because only us parents had ridden it when the building didn't exist. The discussion is fun. The trolls are the best though. Lol

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Jeff said:
Sometimes things are just as obvious as they seem.

I'm sure he didn't mean to type git pull origin master, followed by his Key? Or do you suspect they are not using version control on all of there web properties?

My friend and I are watching the live stream together tomorrow. I'm so excited.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

fsohio09 said:

I thought it was a wing coaster but the video shows standard trains. :(

fsohio09said:
An interpretation... http://youtube.com/1Nr4FmteWJA

Amazing recreation!!! Great job!!!

Good music choice too

Wow easily the best looking wing rider yet. Hopefully it rides just as good as it looks. Actually more excited for this than I was for leviathan.

It may be a world record for tallest inversion.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service