Cedar Point 2013

^ I hope he was being sarcastic.

Ugh...Chick-Fil-A. But yay...GateKeeper!

@Shawn - Of course I was, haha.

Also, I was checking CP's website and noticed that they listed Mantis as a 2 minute 40 sec ride yet the pov for the ride is much less than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXPyAWe2Ig

Hopefully they aren't going to be pulling the same stunt with GateKeeper, as it's also supposed to be 2 min and 40 sec.

Anyone want to stop arguing about whether it's a false clue, and talk about what we see in the pictures? It would be a more entertaining discussion. I am very impressed with the pictures I've seen so far, and the run time of two minutes 40 seconds sounds pretty good to me. I hope the keyhole element at the gate will look a little bit nicer than just concrete blocks. The trains look great, I cant wait to see them racing over the front gate.

James

I for one love the color scheme and the keyholes.

Top 5 CP coasters 1- millennium 2- dragster 3- maverick 4- raptor 5- magnum

Let's just hope that time isn't an overestimate.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/Roller-Coasters/Maverick

Maverick's off by even more than Mantis is when you check the website. According to CP, Maverick is 2 minutes and 30 seconds long. According to the POV, it's an entire minute shorter (if you disclude the time it takes after you finish the last hill).

I love how they made the keyhole and how the track goes through it. I just wish it was more than grey concrete.

James

Dragsterwiz said:
I hope the keyhole element at the gate will look a little bit nicer than just concrete blocks. The trains look great, I cant wait to see them racing over the front gate.

I hope the keyholes are rock like the canyons in Maverick and the Cedar Point sign in the middle of the keyholes welcoming people. :)

Last edited by Canine3456,

The front of the park is going to look very different next year... and from these few pics, it will apparently look fantastic. Love the color scheme. We can't see it from the art but it would appear that large flags/banners are to top the "keyholes."

I would imagine having a brand new coaster pass over the sales booth will result in a few more FastLane passes being purchased next season. Plus they'll probably sell FL passes in... perhaps a new gift shop or kiosk post-ride... like KI does with Diamondback?

Last edited by CPAlumni,

Giant Wheel alum from a loooong time ago.

Looks like the building to the right of the entrance will be shortened as well.

I am hoping what were seeing is what were getting. I love the name!

I also am hoping the entrance is a little more than a cement monument. I'd be cool of they added brick around it, and maybe even a clock ala Geauga Lake's old entrance. My only complaint is the new gate looks very plain- but that could just be a general idea, with more detail to be decided once the keyhole structure is built.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:
I am hoping what were seeing is what were getting. I love the name!

I also am hoping the entrance is a little more than a cement monument. I'd be cool of they added brick around it, and maybe even a clock ala Geauga Lake's old entrance. My only complaint is the new gate looks very plain- but that could just be a general idea, with more detail to be decided once the keyhole structure is built.

the only good thing I can think of with the grey cement, would be lighting at night.

James

I'm really hoping we'll see a nice lighting package at the front gate. Those towers look like they could be lit up very neatly.

-Miker-

It doesnt look like cement, It looks like painted aluminum or fiberglass... Think Macbook, the white ones

I think someone should make a no limits recreation so we can ride it before monday

If it were in cement what would the price be for something that large compared to aluminum or fiberglass?

Last edited by JAMedic,

Plus those columns contain (or conceal) the supports for the keyhole twist. Cement would pretty much make them inaccessible, unless they're open from the back or something.

Does the first drop, not the immelmann count as an inversion?

Top 5 CP coasters 1- millennium 2- dragster 3- maverick 4- raptor 5- magnum

I'm thinking that it was a purposeful leak. They just don't hire anyone for the website. It was already known the location of the ride and the type all that was left was the logo and title. And the TINY percent chance that it is false I'm guessing that Kinzel planned it as a retirement "gift".

I'm not going through all of the pages, but wasn't there a link of someone having the announcement live? Or will that be uploaded after it's all over?

http://cedarpoint.accessomobile.com/Home/Page/445442?pageid=463494

Just added to mobile site. Viewable from iPhones as well. And on android via ustream app.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service