Cedar Point 2013

monstertke said:

Are you really suggesting that the night shift web-dev just happened to put the live ride page up then immediately take it down? What sounds better on monday? "Cedar point is actually building something slightly different than what is currently being reported everywhere" or "Man they sure do have a dumb ass web developer"

Do you really think that a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't spend a few thousand dollars to fake out the press and make sure everyone is talking about how awesome they are come Monday afternoon? Because as it stands now, just about every site anyone would go to to get this information is already reporting the leak.

I get the impression that you are somehow disappointed with the ride as it is depicted in the leaked renderings and this is your way of holding out hope that things will be different/better tomorrow.

I am already talking to friends and family about how awesome the new ride looks and I'm pretty sure the general public will be excited for Gatekeeper as well.

SSL488 said:

No... they most definitely would not do that. Clearly you will have trouble managing your money one day if this is what you are thinking. You win the stupid comment of the day award in my opinion.

Lol... You think everyone is in high school just like you huh?

Of course Im happy with it. The purpose of a forum like this is to fuel speculation and wild theories.

Not sit around and stroke each other off with how "accurate" our predictions were.

monstertke said:
The purpose of a forum like this is to fuel speculation and wild theories.

Yes, if your theories make sense and can be backed up with information. It would be a waste of time and money for them to put up a fake site to fool a few throusands CP nerds.

Last edited by SSL488,

I really hope Monday the announcement has nothing to do with a roller coaster. Instead they're adding two new Chick-Fil-A's!

How does that sound?

monstertke said:
The purpose of a forum like this is to fuel speculation and wild theories.

I think most would disagree on your stated purpose for this forum - many of us come here for news and rumors/speculation that have a basis in reality.

There's certainly no harm in the occasional wild theory but sticking to your guns when facts are staring you in the face is a bit peculiar.

^ there's nothing there

SSL488 said:
No... they most definitely would not do that. Clearly you will have trouble managing your money one day if this is what you are thinking. You win the stupid comment of the day award in my opinion.

Don't make stupid presumptions about people on the internet.

"It would be a waste of time and money for them to put up a fake site to fool a few throusands CP nerds."

You are implying that they would be targeting "just the coaster nerds" on this site and others by doing this.

At the very least the leak was deliberate, I develop websites of similar complexity, and there is absolutely zero reason that live content would ever be on the live site before it was actually needed to be live.

If they deliberately leaked it it begs the question "why"
and what can be gained from it. My theory is that the announcement will be substantially different from what was shown, enough to warrant more talk and coverage of Cedar Point, than they would have otherwise had by just releasing it.

Then again they are already getting that kind of buzz anyway, so it may have just been a way to preload the SEO for "new roller coasters" "Cedar point" "rollercoasters" etc. But they already rank pretty high on those keywords, so whatever.

SSL488 said:
^ there's nothing there

Obviously not yet, just pointing out it was joined on July 27th...

RIP Thorpe park entrance ;)

There is no conspiracy. Someone messed up and it wasn't intentional.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

monstertke said:

You are implying that they would be targeting "just the coaster nerds" on this site and others by doing this.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. What TV news company or major newspaper other than the SR would possibly be typing in www.cedarpoint.com/gatekeeper numerous times throughout the day looking to see if there is any more information? That's why it would make no sense at all for them to deliberately leak a fake image/site of the coaster. Because the only people who are typing in that URL are people like us. So unless they have a coaster geek at a TV station or a newspaper, I doubt the media would designate a person to check the CP site for a new coaster. Especially with all of the election and olympic buzz.

@monstertke: Yet, we just saw Silver Dollar City mess up with their website for Outlaw Run no less than two weeks ago. I realize that you may be a fan of speculation and conspiracy theories, but I think most of us our asking for you to take off your tin foil hat and take a non-conspiratorial look at the facts that are smacking you in the face.

It's rather outlandish to think that CP leaked this information in one capacity or another. Mistakes happen all the time in life, and guess what? Here's another one.

Last edited by WaterDummy,

-Miker-

I just can't believe people actually think the leak is false clues. Reminds me of
The Wildcat flew off the track and has nothing to do with Luminosity belief.

Some people are just impossible to please.

Top 5 CP coasters 1- millennium 2- dragster 3- maverick 4- raptor 5- magnum

People have the right to believe whatever they want to believe. I for one think that what we're seeing is what we're getting. But hey, we've only got about 24 hours left and then we'll find out.

On a side note, not to keep playing Mother Effing Teresa on this board, but what's with all the hate being thrown around? How about we just let people think what they want to think and we'll discover everything tomorrow afternoon.

I'm praying that it isn't a false clue! That thing looks so awesome and so does the entire area surrounding it. I can't wait to watch the animated rendering and fly through of this ride. I'm still banking on it having 7 inversions and that being a Jo Jo roll out of the MCBR. I can only imagine how awesome the promo video is going to be!

Back to the ride itself...

It's beginning to sink in that we're getting a coaster nearly as fast as Magnum that will traverse 6/7 inversions all with open air above and below the riding position. Looks stellar and I'm looking forward to the full disclosure tomorrow.

I think one of my favorite things about the ride is its length. At only 5 seconds shorter than Mean streak, it's one of the longest coasters the park has to offer.

I really hope Monday the announcement has nothing to do with a roller coaster. Instead they're adding two new Chick-Fil-A's!

How does that sound?

Yes! Maybe the references to Mantis in the clues is a hint for future demolition to make room for a new grouping of Chick-Fil-A's.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service