Cedar Point 2013

Sause said:
Didn't Jeff say something about a twist in the story? I wonder what that will mean

I am also curious.

Okay, so after compulsively looking at the leaked images, I happened to glance at something that confused me a tad.

Can anyone tell me what the light blue "rod" like objects are within the circled portion of http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Titandwedebil/question.png this image?

At first I thought it was a skyride spire, but if you look to the right of it you can see the actual one, which isn't the same shade of blue.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

Im smelling fakeout here... Looking at the rendering and the google map view, that is a gigantic area that they are trying to fill. I highly doubt the web developer around last night was going to risk his job by "mistakenly" putting the live page up yesterday and I doubt it would be too much trouble for CP to ask B&M to "send over a few of the renders from that other design you proposed"

^^That would be the Raptor roller coaster. ;)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/325019_10150978734196463_155172361_o.jpg

Last edited by Cedar King,

*facepalm*

I must be color blind, it looks almost leviathan-blue to me.

Wow I leave out for a family function last night and I come back to all of this at 3am. The layout is pretty impressive I must say as for the color scheme it works for the sake of foliage. I personally like it but it doesn't take a coaster novice to know there are multiple designs for a coaster before settling with the one you want. Notice there is no buzz from any of the major coaster sites or media. Again I'm cool with this layout but until I hear and see the announcement for myself, i will play it safe. BTW the giant ferris wheel looks comfortable where its placed at in the layout. Hardly doubt that is just a animation faux pas. But hey we have something to talk about for the next 27hrs...

monstertke said:
Im smelling fakeout here... Looking at the rendering and the google map view, that is a gigantic area that they are trying to fill. I highly doubt the web developer around last night was going to risk his job by "mistakenly" putting the live page up yesterday and I doubt it would be too much trouble for CP to ask B&M to "send over a few of the renders from that other design you proposed"

Renders like these are not provided by B&M but rather by a third-party graphic designer/3D artist. Cedar Point would not order 3D renderings and ride video until a design was finalized as these things cost money. Thousands of dollars are not being spent as part of some elaborate fake out attempt.

fdc824 said:
Wow I leave out for a family function last night and I come back to all of this at 3am. The layout is pretty impressive I must say as for the color scheme it works for the sake of foliage. I personally like it but it doesn't take a coaster novice to know there are multiple designs for a coaster before settling with the one you want. Notice there is no buzz from any of the major coaster sites or media. Again I'm cool with this layout but until I hear and see the announcement for myself, i will play it safe. BTW the giant ferris wheel looks comfortable where its placed at in the layout. Hardly doubt that is just a animation faux pas. But hey we have something to talk about for the next 27hrs...

Giant wheel is about 100 feet away from Gatekeeper, it's been there for 12 years.

L-gon said:

Renders like these are not provided by B&M but rather by a third-party graphic designer/3D artist. Cedar Point would not order 3D renderings and ride video until a design was finalized as these things cost money. Thousands of dollars are not being spent as part of some elaborate fake out attempt.

I haven't seen a animation yet? And it hardly costs thousands of dollars to import cad data from a prior design pass into the real scene you are working on in Maya or whatever.

This is a screenshot from the animation...

I know that my friend ! just simply saying if you want to examine this thing thoroughly the GFW looks out of place and if u really enlarge the screenshot it looks like the station house is leaning on the WT supports. Knowing that animation isn't 100%, I am just looking at little details for sake of conversation and keeping on topic...Nothing major

SSL488 said:

My point still stands. If you compare the render to the map image of the site, the ride doesn't seem big enough to fill the area suggested in the render.

I'm sure they didn't pay special attention to other rides besides the coaster. All the detail was put forth to GateKeeper, not Giant Wheel or any other ride there.

Maverick's rendering is also not the same as the real ride.

monstertke said:

SSL488 said:

My point still stands. If you compare the render to the map image of the site, the ride doesn't seem big enough to fill the area suggested in the render.

Are you contending that Cedar Point made a special request of a 3D design studio to create an alternate fake-out rendering to throw off a couple thousand coaster nerds (myself included) two days prior to their planned announcement?

Read that aloud and consider the plausibility.

^ That's what it sounds like to me.

My head hurts from the amount of facepalms caused by the last several posts about the rendering/animation.

^ Your face should hurt more than your head if you are facepalming correctly ;)

L-gon said:

monstertke said:

SSL488 said:

Are you contending that Cedar Point made a special request of a 3D design studio to create an alternate fake-out rendering to throw off a couple thousand coaster nerds (myself included) two days prior to their planned announcement?

Read that aloud and consider the plausibility.

Are you really suggesting that the night shift web-dev just happened to put the live ride page up then immediately take it down? What sounds better on monday? "Cedar point is actually building something slightly different than what is currently being reported everywhere" or "Man they sure do have a dumb ass web developer"

Do you really think that a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't spend a few thousand dollars to fake out the press and make sure everyone is talking about how awesome they are come Monday afternoon? Because as it stands now, just about every site anyone would go to to get this information is already reporting the leak.

Do you really think that a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't spend a few thousand dollars to fake out the press and make sure everyone is talking about how awesome they are come Monday afternoon?

No... they most definitely would not do that. Clearly you will have trouble managing your money one day if this is what you are thinking. You win the stupid comment of the day award in my opinion.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service