Cedar Point 2013

^While I'd agree...that was leaked at like 1 in the morning the day of the announcement haha (if I remember correctly).

WindSeeker technically, because of the Fun Time vs Cedar Fair/Mondial lawsuit.

Looks very exciting and fully deserving of such great placement in the park.

CPfan1976 said:

ThunderbirdsMT said:

so your saying you don't believe the ride will be called Gatekeeper. Or are you saying there is more to come?

Wildcat, Iron Dragon, Snake River Falls, Raptor, Mantis, Skyhawk

Before I read too much into this, is there some sort of code behind this, CPfan13

Anyone else notice that the Dive Drop on this beast will be the World's Tallest Inversion? The present Record Holder is Volcano at 155 feet (of course the rumor is Magic Mountain will build a tall inversion on their new coaster).

Also, if it tops 188 feet, it will also be the tallest coaster to feature inversions as well (it at least will secure second tallest)

CoasterKid20 said:

Also, if it tops 188 feet, it will also be the tallest coaster to feature inversions as well (it at least will secure second tallest)

Um, Alpengeist anyone?

^True...nevermind haha. And actually, it's Griffon, not Alpengeist. Whoa, my brain was way off track.

What's fun is what this does to the parks Inversion count. Seeing as it isn't even on the top 10 list now, this will bring it up big time. This will bring the park up to at least 3rd place in inversion count.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

Corkscrew----3

Raptor----6

Mantis---4

Maverick----2

Gatekeeper----6/7

21/22

Yeah, tied for second(Thorpe Park), or it takes third.

Nice touch the turnaround mirroring the freshly painted blue streak turn around.

1. If only Maverick had its heartline roll..... We'd be tied for first!

2. I still think it would be wicked if this leak was a false clue, it would be an amazing marketing scheme. Guerilla marketing at its finest. They could draw up a fake layout in a week.

3. I like the name

4. I dont like the creature... seems to copy off of wild eagle.

5. Not a fan of the colors... Teal doesnt float my boat

5. I love the inversions but Im still only counting 5: The first drop/The Loop/The Giant Corkscrew/ The Double Keyhole twist (1 inversion) going west/ then the inline twist going east. If theres a jojo roll after the mcbr thats six... but we cant tell.. are you guys counting the overbank turn? I guess it looks a bit like an inclined loop.

6. I hope theres more to the announcement

Last edited by NextGen89,

Cedar King said:
Corkscrew----3

Raptor----6

Mantis---4

Maverick----2

Gatekeeper----6/7

21/22

Yeah, tied for second(Thorpe Park), or it takes third.

I never really realized that those were the only rides with inversions.

Top 5 CP coasters 1- millennium 2- dragster 3- maverick 4- raptor 5- magnum

^^Magic Mountain holds first and is way ahead at like 32 or something, so that isn't possible from one inversion.

It takes a lot of work to get that animation setup. They may love teasing, but that'd be taking it too far.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

^It just goes to show that as fun as inversions are, some of the best coasters don't have them, or need them! Magnum, MF, TTD are all great coasters without an inversion

I hope it has a lot of airtime.

I love how they are renewing the front of the park. Maybe we'll get a new recordbreaking flat ride between Ocean Motion and 3 Point Shoot Out in the future but I'm not going to think about it too much because it's too far away.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

CoasterKid20 said:
^^Magic Mountain holds first and is way ahead at like 32 or something, so that isn't possible from one inversion.

It takes a lot of work to get that animation setup. They may love teasing, but that'd be taking it too far.

Agreed. Why spend the time and money on developing an animation, to trick less than 5,000 people less than two days before the official announcement. Let's not forget CP's audience size is about 3.14 MILLION.

This is my first comment since last night's leak, and I must say that I'm pretty impressed. The color, the length, the name and logo, the height, and the "front gate statement" are all amazing, and I can't wait to be able to ride it next year. It's also going to be fun to follow its construction, both online and IRL.

While I would be pretty happy with just the coaster, I'm still curious to see how the idea for multiple rides turns out. Remember, one of the clues DID say "They", and now that we know Gatekeeper couldn't have meant anything plural, it sure rises some suspicion in me.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

NextGen89 said:

2. I still think it would be wicked if this leak was a false clue, it would be an amazing marketing scheme. Guerilla marketing at its finest. They could draw up a fake layout in a week.

I love how the coaster is in the layout, but I agree with you. I want this to be a false leak. I want to have a huge surprise from Cedar Point that the ride isn't what we all thought. I want CPfan1976 to be correct in that it isn't Gatekeeper (I think that's what he or she is saying). It would still be a great coaster if it was the same, leaked coaster, but I want to be surprised.

^^There are multiple heads in the logo, though

Didn't Jeff say something about a twist in the story? I wonder what that will mean

@Magnum - I guess, but those seemed more like background images to me. Sort of like they exist just to give some contrast between the gold head.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service